BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] employment law....

• Backroom

I hope you stick it to em whatever it is, us workers have nobody to represent us anymore and most of us cant afford to get our own good representation and the companies know that, HR=spit

HR ain't all bad

Granted I'm only going of the ones I've worked under but they have been the spawn of the devil, their only real objective seems to be to act on behalf of the top boss(basically do their dirty work for them) and find as many ways as possible to shaft the workers without breaking the law completely(but boy do they bend it)

Oh, and to answer your question Cletus, citizens advice could be a good place to start if you cant afford a solicitor(although I think many solicitors have free walk times where you can get tell them your issue and they advise you on a course of action)

HR ain't all bad

Worked at plenty of places, HR always been very good and impartial as far as it goes.

Only time I've come close to being shafted at work was by the union that came in to negotiate a pay stalemate and they ended up making 15 people redundant for 0.5%.

I've not been in a union since.

• Backroom

hr are employees, its impossible for them to be genuinely impartial(they my act it to your face though)

Without wanting to take this much further off topic this isn't strictly true, most companies aren't out solely to screw their employees whenever possible, not saying that doesn't happen. HR can be very useful to an employee as well as the employer.

Hope you get sorted Cletus, horrible situation to be in I imagine.

Without wanting to take this much further off topic this isn't strictly true, most companies aren't out solely to screw their employees whenever possible, not saying that doesn't happen. HR can be very useful to an employee as well as the employer.

Hope you get sorted Cletus, horrible situation to be in I imagine.

I've always been in management and I must say that HR were always on our side but I believe that I was always fair. Never had to sack anybody apart from redundancy but if you have a problem the Citizens Advice Bureau are brilliant. They represented my wife in a dispute and won a tribunal case for her.

• Backroom

I work in Reward which is the compensation / benefits side of HR, more often than not we are helping people out

Never worked in Case management / discipline though

Archived