BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] End Of Year Report

D isn't relegation. That's F.

We were a D for me. I agree with Gumboots' grading system. Our squad should have been good enough for the play offs. Last season was almost a C, this season's resits were a solid D.

We either need to take it seriously or jack it in.

We were asked to Grade A to D. There is no F. If you want to grade F you are using a different scale than the one suggested.

Actually using that alphabetic grading system, D is regarded as adequate. C is good, B is very good and A is outstanding.

A* is used to signify that the work is exceptionally better than it should be. Like a yr4 child passing a level6 SAT.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet more granularity.

For me, we didn't pass. That's the bottom line. Resits next season - must do better.

We were asked to Grade A to D. There is no F. If you want to grade F you are using a different scale than the one suggested.

Well the grading was flawed.

Agree with those who say D is not relegation. F would be relegation.

Although it was possible to do worse, by a few degrees (bottom half, relegation fight, then actual relegation), I think that given our squad and what we managed last season, this season has to go down as a D. C is a pass. We did not pass. C would have been at the very least having a genuine effort at the playoffs, even if missing out by a slim margin again (C- for that). We performed worse than last year, in terms of points, position, and gap to the playoffs, and there can be no excuse for that. This league was there for the taking, and instead we've probably had our last season for a while where we have any right to expect a playoff spot. A young squad that was finding its rhythm at the tail end of last season and promising to mature into a dangerous group has turned into a disjointed outfit that is about to lose at the very least one of its star players, and cannot trade effectively to attempt a proper replacement.

No you are moving the goal posts. Stick to what was asked.

Hard to give a score when everyone has a different view of the benchmark!

We all knew the benchmark until you moved the goalposts.

C minus for me

With a 40 plus goal strike force we should have been top 6 without a doubt
Same mistakes as last season over and over again
Manager still doesn't know his best eleven

FFP is not an excuse in my opinion

The cup run was good but beating Stoke, Swansea and Charlton does not make up for the abject failure in the league.

PK1875

Devastating summary of his tenure.

The club certainly cannot afford another re run.

A settled team is a huge advantage where everyone knows their jobs.

Better defending from the front. When we go in front we have to make ourselves difficult to score against

Experienced ball winning midfielder who can also find a man an absolute must

A pair of decent centre halves

None of the infamous no shows such as at Rotherham, Norwich, Wolves both games, Weds at home Brentford away.

As you say it is a repeat description of the season before.

We will know in 5 games if has learnt his lessons.

Unfortunately he is not a quick learner

Compare it to a team that 7 years ago was on -17 points in Division 4 and so far off our radar they were the footballing equivalent to gum on a shoe

2/10 See Me

EDIT: I also see Jason Steele has inadvertently given his end of season report on the team whilst talking about the Pub team he co-manages

On his pub team - "They worked so hard I've never seen a team work as hard as they did and that was after being at work all day."

Archived