BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] End Of Year Report

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C for me. Average season, just three points less than last time and one place worse off. All the teams above us scored more goals and only Brentford conceded more which suggests we are where we deserve to be. Personally, I've enjoyed the season, with some much improved away performances than in recent seasons. Agree with Abbey that we need to do better next season but it will be tougher due to the embargo and much will depend on which players leave and which players stay.

D. We did not even creep into the playoffs. Getting to the playoffs would have been a C. Getting to the playoff final and winning it a B. Automatic promotion an A. Winning the league A*. All teams should be aiming at A*. Obviously they won't all get it but not even getting close to the playoffs surely means you can't give a C.

C.

Didn't think we would be anywhere near the relegation zone with our squad - so I'm certainly not going to Happy Clap about how we were better than Wigan, Millwall and Blackpool.

Nowhere near the fight for 6th place this year - much less so than last season and I'd have expected to at least have been in the hunt for that. Psychologically our season would have been 'over' at the end of January had it not been for the FA cup distraction.

A couple of our players gave an improved performance overall. But most blew hot and cold - mostly cold. Overall performances were down on last season with the usual array of bizarre tactics and team selections. No blooding of the youngsters in meaningless games. Actually can I change it to a C minus.

Generally C is a pass mark, acceptable.

What would be considered acceptable? Promotion definitely, Play-offs most probably, just missing out on playoffs - possibly, especially if just by a point or so.

So given we had zero chance of going up for months for me it'd have to be a D. with the team and budget we have relegation or bottom half would've been criminal

and a fail. We didn't do that but boy we got nowhere near our goal of promotion - which is what we needed.

Mind you all that matters is what "madame" thinks - and it'll be an A for acceptable :rock:

You can't give them a D. That would be a relegation season but certainly a C for under achievement. That is mainly due to the manager's inability to a) Pick the right team and B) Play the right tactics.

• Backroom

C

D would be relegated so that takes us up to a C- and I'll be kind and nudge it up to a C for the cup run

D isn't relegation. That's F.

We were a D for me. I agree with Gumboots' grading system. Our squad should have been good enough for the play offs. Last season was almost a C, this season's resits were a solid D.

We either need to take it seriously or jack it in.

• Backroom

Actually using that alphabetic grading system, D is regarded as adequate. C is good, B is very good and A is outstanding.

A* is used to signify that the work is exceptionally better than it should be. Like a yr4 child passing a level6 SAT.

Actually using that alphabetic grading system, D is regarded as adequate. C is good, B is very good and A is outstanding.

A* is used to signify that the work is exceptionally better than it should be. Like a yr4 child passing a level6 SAT.

How can D be adequate when kids need at least a C in Maths and English to do anything. D is inadequate.

• Backroom

How can D be adequate when kids need at least a C in Maths and English to do anything. D is inadequate.

In the descriptors used at schools with that system, usually D is 'adequate', ie: bare minimum.

The reason C is the pass grade is because you don't want adequacy, you want them to be good!

• Backroom

Doesn't make sense though. Adequacy should mean passing, certainly not doing the bare minimum.

Slipping standards if failure is "ok".

I think it's meant to be a subtle thing.

Like 'satisfactory' being better than 'adequate' :P

Agree with those who say D is not relegation. F would be relegation.

Although it was possible to do worse, by a few degrees (bottom half, relegation fight, then actual relegation), I think that given our squad and what we managed last season, this season has to go down as a D. C is a pass. We did not pass. C would have been at the very least having a genuine effort at the playoffs, even if missing out by a slim margin again (C- for that). We performed worse than last year, in terms of points, position, and gap to the playoffs, and there can be no excuse for that. This league was there for the taking, and instead we've probably had our last season for a while where we have any right to expect a playoff spot. A young squad that was finding its rhythm at the tail end of last season and promising to mature into a dangerous group has turned into a disjointed outfit that is about to lose at the very least one of its star players, and cannot trade effectively to attempt a proper replacement.

I'd give D if a-promotion, b-play offs, c-challenging for play offs, d-neither near playoffs or relegation, e-relegation battle, f-relegation.

It's been a very disappointing season. In the context of a school report we should be getting b or c minimum. Back in the summer for resits with bowyer the supply teacher to try his best.

Archived