BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] End Of Year Report

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A "C minus". To finish more than 10 points short of a play-off position with 2 strikers in the top 8 goalscorers whilst all the other top scorers are in promotion/playoff teams is a gross under-performance. How bad is the remainder of the team? No excuses about injuries as by the time of the centre back crisis a playoff place was already a forlorn hope. Midfield has been woeful (as in previous seasons) but Bowyer fails to come up with any answers.

D is the average in GCSE grading. It's not good enough but it's the score lots of kids get and so they have to resit. U would be relegation. G flirting with relegation. F staying in the bottom half most of the season. E top of bottom half bottom of top. Then us D miles off playoffs on points score even though were not miles off in league position. We are definitely a D

C, but only because of the Cup run. We're too soft and can't defend. Bring back the bully boys! If we can manage to keep one of our 20 goal strikers (preferably Rhodes), then we can make a good push for the playoffs. Otherwise, we may end up in a similar situation to Wigan next season.

C- for me. Play offs should have been the minimum requirement and we've never really looked likely.

Emergence of Raya, Lenihan and, to a lesser extent, O'Sullivan the only tangible positives along with what appears to be a modest defensive improvement.

C- for me. Play offs should have been the minimum requirement and we've never really looked likely.

Emergence of Raya, Lenihan and, to a lesser extent, O'Sullivan the only tangible positives along with what appears to be a modest defensive improvement.

Almost nail on head !

Defensive frailties have cost us the difference in points between 9th and play-offs.

Hard to grade when the students are supposed to be good enough to pass but the teacher serves up the wrong syllabus.

But would have to be C- with some days of sleeping through class and some lesson excelled in.

Not sure a couple of cameos can be classed as an emergence

Considering that the "we will be relegated for sure" thread started in August and a significant number of the vocal members on here were all in agreement it would happen, then being nowhere near massively exceeded their expectations? They going to award A++++ ?

I thought we'd be top ten, challenging for the play offs. So as at least I was partially right, a generous B- against prediction.

As for overall entertainment and sense of real accomplishment, C- . Cup run saved the D+.

For overall league position B- . With D being relegated, C being bottom half, B being top half and A promoted.

How have some posters got E's and F's, Abbey only gave us A-D!

IMO the season has been frustrating and some of the football was average at best, but 'if you pay peanuts.....!'

Also, there seems to be a 'head in the sand' view by many Rovers fans as to the actual situation at the club.

Too many will not realise where we are and want to live in the past and whilst that continues we will not start the rebuild.

We are in a position where we have to live within our means, 'cut our cloth accordingly' our club has to 'wipe its own face'!!

It's similar to this Tory government taking over from the last labour shower.......no money left and massively in debt!

We will now be in a long period similar to the 'dark days' where freebies and loans will be the norm.

Hopefully we will bring some young players through, although the stick Lowe and Hanley get that may not be a good thing!

Never heard 'he's one of our own' being sung at Ewood!

Many decry the 'stability' situation, many decry the quality of footballers GB is bringing in, too many cannot see the wood for the trees.

I am not a Rovers Fan, I am just a realist. Once we all understand the hand GB has been dealt hopefully some of the 'fans' who post the trash on the GB thread will wake up and smell the coffee.

ST will be bought and I think a move to the JW upper may be on the cards next season.

I don't know a grade for INCONSISTENCY of the highest order.

Manager - D- Has to take the blame for critical failure to win more games/secure more points

Team - C- on the back of some woeful performances comes some better games. Football at times was great but shocking at others.

Tactical/training coaches - D- way too many injuries.

Groundsmen/people - Z that pitch is truly awful. Its a disgrace compared to what we have seen in years before. \Don't blame the weather its the same every year!

Radio Rovers - needs turning off for good. Presenters are boring, don't involve the fans and ignore what is really going on.

Prematch entertainment needs drastically overhauling. No more final countdown, no more trash music need more tempo and we need to adopt a new anthem pre match.

Fans - we need to rid ourselves of the moronic few !

Enjoy close season folks, keep safe and see you al August !

The greatest crime is the failure to build on last season with two of the leagues best goalscorers at his disposal.

His inability to play around those guys and make us harder to beat once they gave us the lead on 11 occasions this season is his other major failing. Look no furhter than the Forest and Huddersfield games as to why he has blown this season away.

The ongoing failure of the midfield as discussed on here for several years now continues. The last decent one apart from Dunny being Jermaine Jones. Those subsequent have been not up to the mark. Yet Bowyer persists with the same players there and the outcome is we have gone backwards this season.

The next unaddressed issue has been central defence. Again this has been cited as a problem for several years. The answer has been a lot of money for us now spent on Duffy and persistance with Hanley. Baptiste has been the most solid performer yet Bowyer only played him there when he had to.

If you are going backwards Bowyer gets a D for that.

After two years in the job I remain to be convinced he will ever progress further.

For overall league position B- . With D being relegated, C being bottom half, B being top half and A promoted.

How have some posters got E's and F's, Abbey only gave us A-D!

Abbey isn't a teacher and didn't define his grades. I am and referenced mine to GCSE grading.

If the target was promotion or at least playoffs to give us a chance for promotion then anything else is failure. Doesn't really matter whether we finished one below the playoffs or one above relegation. We achieved precisely nothing and we did it in the most boring fashion possible. Major under achievement from most of our players. Data analysis would show blame for that lies with everyone at the club on the football side

Surely the 4 categories are self explanatory ..

A= Automatic promotion

B= Above half way / play off position.

C= Below half way but not relegated

D= Relegation

So without all the soppy emotive stuff and pure silliness it can only be B-.

Personally I agree with Rosenior's opinion on the Championship 35 mins 30 seconds in... http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05tyl7j/the-football-league-show-20142015-02052015

Surely the 4 categories are self explanatory ..

A= Automatic promotion

B= Above half way / play off position.

C= Below half way but not relegated

D= Relegation

So without all the soppy emotive stuff and pure silliness it can only be B-.

Personally I agree with Rosenior's opinion on the Championship 35 mins 30 seconds in... http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05tyl7j/the-football-league-show-20142015-02052015

How on earth can play-off places (including winning the play-off final by your metric) be the same achievement as a 7th-to-12th place finish? :wacko:

If it's A-D then it would be a C minus for me .

Too much chopping and changing of the team . We've performed better since his options became limited due to injuries .

Football has been poor tactically , including his inability to utilise substitutes .

40 goal plus strike force , but never looked at any point this season as a team who could challenge for promotion .

Team likely to be weaker next season as we sell key players .

All in all very poor season , considering the squad we have

There was a point, towards the end of 2014 where we weren't just flirting with the play offs but we got her into a taxi and back to ours. Somehow we had managed to get her kit off and into bed, the mood was set and we were ready to finally penetrate the top 6.

Sadly for us, the alcohol from the night had now kicked in and facing the prospect right there in front of us, we went all flaccid.

From then on the season was us just embarrassingly chasing after what could have been and getting no where near back to that fateful night.

I'll be honest, not sure how I grade that.

There was a point, towards the end of 2014 where we weren't just flirting with the play offs but we got her into a taxi and back to ours. Somehow we had managed to get her kit off and into bed, the mood was set and we were ready to finally penetrate the top 6.

Sadly for us, the alcohol from the night had now kicked in and facing the prospect right there in front of us, we went all flaccid.

From then on the season was us just embarrassingly chasing after what could have been and getting no where near back to that fateful night.

I'll be honest, not sure how I grade that.

This makes me sad on so many levels.

How on earth can play-off places (including winning the play-off final by your metric) be the same achievement as a 7th-to-12th place finish? :wacko:

1.. It can't be an A. That's for the top two. It must therefore be B or more particularly B+ for the play off winner.

2. I gave us a B-.

Archived