BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Quegs Boys On The Forum

Sorry to do this on this forum but I'm trying to locate two former QUEGS lads, Merv Waite and Stephen Wells. They played football there in 1967 and also for the Blackburn Town Team. A reunion is being planned and they are proving difficult to find. If anyone on this forum has any info or contact info, please message me. Thanks Mick

Hi Mick - not heard of them, but if you try the website or get in touch with the school they have a pretty good database going with Old Blackburnians registered

Mervin Waite played for the 1st eleven and was a year before me. He was really quick and a good athlete A lad called Ian Warburton played at the same time as Merv and he was decent and ended up playing for Bury in the early 70's. I played with his brother Gary who had trials at the Rovers and they were from Haslingden.

Mervin Waite played for the 1st eleven and was a year before me. He was really quick and a good athlete A lad called Ian Warburton played at the same time as Merv and he was decent and ended up playing for Bury in the early 70's. I played with his brother Gary who had trials at the Rovers and they were from Haslingden.

i worked with warbie at greenbank terotech many years ago

Ian was doing some contract work for the company I work for until recently. Ian told next that his younger brother (who was a good player) emigrated and another brother was scouting for Wigan.

Blimey, I knew Gary Warburton. Good footballer.

Archived