BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Case Of The Lesser Spotted Bryan Dabo

While we muck about over the likes of Kim McGuire etc stressing over the ffp implications these two show up with little fuss . Then gaz sets the president of what they are capable of . Apart from the fact it seems like a waste of squad places I can't help sensing a pattern emerge

While we muck about over the likes of Kim McGuire etc stressing over the ffp implications these two show up with little fuss . Then gaz sets the president of what they are capable of . Apart from the fact it seems like a waste of squad places I can't help sensing a pattern emerge

Don't worry Gazza has full control of who he brings in . 😁

Reading between the lines they're a waste of squad space

• Backroom

I, for one wish we stuck with Bryan Dabo and gave him more opportunities than what we did to show us what he could do.

Since he went back to France he has become a bit of a revelation, receiving Montpelliers player of the month award in March.

It also seems as though Marseille made a bid of €2.5 million earlier this month. It's a shame as he sounded really keen to crack on here when he arrived.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2015/04/01/bryan-dabo-named-montpellier-player-of-the-month/

http://www.espnfc.com/story/2521378/marseille-deny-interest-in-montpellier-midfielder-bryan-dabo

One of several questions I'd like to ask GB, what happened with Dabo?

Sacha sounds worryingly like Songo who was rubbish but you never know... is he on an u-21 wage? If yes then nothing to complain about IMO.

Fode is a very different story though, he's played fairly well (we hear) at a good level so might well be very good... Calling him a waste of time is a bit silly I think but we will see...

Petschi is on low wages and not much more risk than Chris Samba was. Samba was also 23 years old and played for Hertha Berlin B team and around the same level as this guy. If this turn out good we will have unearthed a gem. Worth the risk. Gone are the days we could splash the cash.

You do know the difference from Hertha Berlin in the Bundesliga (which Samba had played for) to a team that almost fell into the french fourth division, don't you? It's gargantuan. There is no comparison at all.

Low wages or not we only have so many squad players and signing passengers in the songo'o mould is not the way to go. especially as Bowyer in his wisdom will now think he's covered as far as the midfield goes.......which opens up an entirely different debate on his state of mind.

Yes he MAY be ok but surely even in our current position, and given the manager needs lots of help, we can still aim higher?

Time will tell and I hope I am wrong again

• Backroom

You do know the difference from Hertha Berlin in the Bundesliga (which Samba had played for) to a team that almost fell into the french fourth division, don't you? It's gargantuan. There is no comparison at all.

Low wages or not we only have so many squad players and signing passengers in the songo'o mould is not the way to go. especially as Bowyer in his wisdom will now think he's covered as far as the midfield goes.......which opens up an entirely different debate on his state of mind.

Yes he MAY be ok but surely even in our current position, and given the manager needs lots of help, we can still aim higher?

Time will tell and I hope I am wrong again

Do you know the difference between a Bundesliga side and that same side's B-team's reserves?

20 games for Hertha Berlin in the bundesliga. completey different to 27 games for FC Croissant in the french amateur league.

As for B teams I do know the difference and I saw the frustrating Ruben Rochina and he was from a B team ;)

Archived