BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January - What Do We Need?

Someone mentioned a Gordon Cowans type player and I'd second that.

Someone to pull the strings in midfield and calm things down would I believe create more attacking opportunities for the likes of Rhodes. It was my first game in a long while but at times on Saturday everything was a bit frantic in the middle of the park, with the ball up in the air more than on the deck. It needed a cool head to get hold of it and feed quality balls into danger areas and bring others into the game.

Cowans was a great signing.

Also, we were so spoilt/privileged with Tugay. What a player that guy was.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cowans was a great signing.

Also, we were so spoilt/privileged with Tugay. What a player that guy was.

Cowan was an absolute class act, even though we got him at the end of his career. hardly gave the ball away and could split a defence wide open with the sweetest of through balls. Made it look effortless.

Tugay was in the same class. A privilege to have watched them in :brfc:

Doneil Henry on a permenant deal providing cover at full back and CB

Cm - Akpan can only be described as a poor mans Mokoena

Lawrence extended (winger and no.10 cover)

A striker with pace and strength - Cameron jerome type

This would represent an excellent window imo

So far this season I haven't identified one position that needs to be improved...

I'm not saying it's the best possible, I just struggle to see who should be replaced!

All defenders deserve their place, the midfield has been excellent this season and Rhodes and Lawrence have been good too!

It's not a case of who to replace, it's more of the right better player comes up in any position.

I honestly don't know who and which position but I think lambert has got a good team of lads there and it's more a case of tactics!

COYB!

Someone mentioned a Gordon Cowans type player and I'd second that.

Someone to pull the strings in midfield and calm things down would I believe create more attacking opportunities for the likes of Rhodes. It was my first game in a long while but at times on Saturday everything was a bit frantic in the middle of the park, with the ball up in the air more than on the deck. It needed a cool head to get hold of it and feed quality balls into danger areas and bring others into the game.

Yeah, we need somebody to direct the traffic. These sort of players seem to be thin on the ground in the UK today. We seem to prefer head less chickens who can run around to no real effect.

Yeah, we need somebody to direct the traffic. These sort of players seem to be thin on the ground in the UK today. We seem to prefer head less chickens who can run around to no real effect.

Yes, finding such a player for sensible money and willing to come to Rovers would need some Wheeler Dealering, embargo not withstanding.

However, for the first time in 5 years, I have belief that the man in charge knows what he's doing.

Archived