BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January - What Do We Need?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The previous 3 months to have had lambert in charge and the fitness and education to go with it. The squad is good enough.

The post was going well until you introduced the shyster!!!

I mentioned the role that Murphy came here to fulfil. We all know he was a disaster. Lambert will know European football, there are that type of player out there.

First and foremost we need another striker who has a few goals in him at least, even if he's a ten goal a season guy. Secondly maybe a young hungry forward with a bit to prove who can come on and close down, run the channels and stretch teams late on in games on the counter. Suppose Lawrence could play that role.

Also really think we still need some quality in the middle or at the very least some real steel.

Of course a good right back wouldn't go a miss.

For me-

Right back

Centre back

Attacking midfielder

Physically imposing striker

As you started this thread, the first thing we need is you to explain how on earth we'll be able to sign anyone of any quality, whilst under a transfer embargo.

Or perhaps if you don't like that, you can explain how on earth the embargo will get lifted in time for fantasy football to begin?

The new manager may be able to use the loan market wisely, both in and out. Bowyer was ok with loans but fell down with how to best utilise them when he got them here. Hopefully Lambert could sign a few square pegs for square holes.

As you started this thread, the first thing we need is you to explain how on earth we'll be able to sign anyone of any quality, whilst under a transfer embargo.

Or perhaps if you don't like that, you can explain how on earth the embargo will get lifted in time for fantasy football to begin?

Where've you been hiding? There's serious talk of it being lifted.

Totally impossible.

Just like when you intimated that Bowyer was as good a manager as we can expect and that no-one of any standing would be interested in the job.

Where've you been hiding? There's serious talk of it being lifted.

How will it be lifted?

Totally impossible.

Just like when you intimated that Bowyer was as good a manager as we can expect and that no-one of any standing would be interested in the job.

Could you find and quote me the post where I intimated that please?

How will it be lifted?

Numerous ways. I'd expect the legal route and the fact that we have adhered to the sanctions imposed, suffered consequences, had our progress stifled...yet there is an exception to the rule currently plying it's trade in the same league as us. One that has already had the agreed goalposts moved.

Another angle, the rule is ridiculous and short - sighted. We are being punished for having VERY rich owners who (theoretically) are unable to develop the club and are unable to pump money into it due to these rules. We are left in a position where we have sold millions of pounds worth of talent and are unable to sensibly replace that talent.

Any half decent legal charge would see it off.

I'd fully expect us to be compensated (eventually) for being guinea pigs in this daft rule.

Assuming we come out of embargo roverzee.

Could you find and quote me the post where I intimated that please?

Apologies about the 2nd stage of the quote but I'd say that "why can't you accept that he (Bowyer) is the right man to take the club forward" in the Bowyer thread nails the first part.

a right back , a pacy winger and another forward - on another thread i suggested Marvin Emnes on loan he's not played any league football this year and only 1 cup game , he's got some pace and gives defenders a hard time whenever ive seen him play , can play up front alongside Rhodes or even wide as part of a front 3

I should emphasise, I only would want a centre back as cover alongside kilgallon. I'm more than happy with Hanley and Duffy being first choice.

He was a man mountain at the weekend and has been last couple of games, but I do question Duffy at times. Ill probably get slated for this, but I think he isn't as consistent as we think he is.

I'd love a quick striker to work the channels - Schmeichel from Leicester commented on how well Vardy fulfils that role and makes something out of nothing. Even if it's just someone like Dickov used to making a nuisance out of himself, I feel someone like that could help Rhodes and allow us to get further up the pitch. The ball kept coming back on Saturday whenever it was cleared.

Whether that would work with our team is anyone's guess, but it's felt like ages since we had a striker with a bit of pace.

Would like a central midfielder too to bolster us there - I shudder at the thought of Williamson playing again! For years we've been so goal shy in this area too and don't see any of the current crop contributing much in the way of goals. However, whether this would work with us playing 4-4-2 is up for question.

I'd agree with everyone that a right back is a priority too.

However, should the embargo remain I recognise that PL will have his hands tied behind his back.

He was a man mountain at the weekend and has been last couple of games, but I do question Duffy at times. Ill probably get slated for this, but I think he isn't as consistent as we think he is.

At the risk of being classed as wanting to rain on our latest parade. The problem with our centre halves and lots of other centre halves at our level is that they're OK when we're playing away and under pressure as on Saturday. They can defend our penalty area in a siege situation. They can normally see where the ball is and usually opponents and the ball are in front of them. They can play a relatively static role because they're defending quite a small area and as long as they get a foot or head to the ball everybody's happy.

The problems arise when we are playing at home and maybe mounting pressure on our opponents. We may be stretched slightly. Then our centre halves are having to defend a bigger area, maybe from the half way line backwards to the edge of our box. We may suddenly lose the ball near the opposing goal and it's cleared down field. They need to be wide awake and able to respond in a flash. An opponent can run in behind and all of a sudden you can't see both the ball and your opponent.

Our two guys don't sense danger quickly enough in that sort of situation. Having said that replacing either of them is not a priority at the moment. Just my opinion guys. After all it's Blackburn Rovers Fans Forum not North Korea.

Archived