BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Euros

ABBEY

• Backroom

Tough groups for both the Irish teams. Both will do well to get to the knockout stages.

We should be able to get out of our group, but, I have no faith after the last few tournaments we will. I have no expectations so anything beyond group qualification will be a pleasant surprise.

Pretty rank group for England, Russia about as mundane team as you can get, Wales pretty much rely on one player and Slovakia not much kop, should win all 3 games

Do we never learn?

2010, Slovakia pipped Italy in the World Cup, eliminated them, the World Champs, Russia with Fab and Wales? That doesn't look like an easy group to me. Russia has been dire on the world stage but, Wales can probably create a stir and the Slovaks I think have been playing well.

So, easy group, I don't think so. It's not a group of death I suppose.

See how it pans out, but a 24 team tournament with a load of 3rd places qualifying out the group just to get us to the 16 teams that used to be the standard, seems a big dilution of what was a great tournament.

Indeed I felt the last two were better than the last couple of World Cups.

Archived