BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Has 13 Foreign Owners And Counting

Paul

• Moderation Lead

I cant understand why you are bothered ,you have stated you dont watch premier league or any other unless its rovers, you didnt even know Yeovil was in our league a couple of years ago. Imagine the uproar if Gord or me had started a thread bashing foreigners? The clique would have rounded on us like no tommorow. So you are against foreign owners but whats your view on dodgy employers who use migrant workers on zero contracts?

If you wanted a discussion on relegation and stuff why not just say that instead of slting foriegners...my view no chance of cancelling relegation.Its been muted for years.

Forgive me for asking, but where has Paul 'bashed foreigners' in that post?

• Moderation Lead

I don't think he mentioned 'foreigners', but anyway I think the whole thing is down to interpretation tbh. I just saw facts like JBizzle did...Not sure what merited a laughing smiley from that post either, but there you go!

• Moderation Lead

In any case, he's hardly said 'foreigners are bad', I think he's made the point that foreign owners will be in the majority, ergo it could have an impact on the league, or not. Anyway, back on topic.

Oh my oh my. Where to start? Possibly some basic English would be helpful?

Foreign ADJECTIVE - of, from, in, or characteristic of a country or language other than one's own.

Used in the sense of my post it accurately characterises the ownership of some PL clubs

Foreigner NOUN - a person born in or coming from a country other than one's own.

So ABBEY if you can show me where I used the noun foreigner we can begin a rational discussion. Or shall we just settle for this being another of your failed attempts to have a dig at me?

Just asked Nixon about any rumors to try and get this back on topic! Don't think this will help lol.

"Quiet. It is all over. Lot of clubs wondering if worth bothering."

Just asked Nixon about any rumors to try and get this back on topic! Don't think this will help lol.

"Quiet. It is all over. Lot of clubs wondering if worth bothering."

OOPS wrong thread.

I really do like your better than anyone else attitude. You dont watch any premier football so why discuss it with you.

ABBEY I can't help it if you don't understand the difference between "foreign" and "foreigner". You have a go at me and I'm simply defending myself by correcting you.

I've no doubt everyone is bored with this by now so I'll leave it at that.

ABBEY I can't help it if you don't understand the difference between "foreign" and "foreigner". You have a go at me and I'm simply defending myself by correcting you.

Go on then Paul, explain what you meant by "foreign owners" if you didn't mean owners who are foreigners?

The tone of some of these recent posts has been ridiculous.

Archived