BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bank Transfer France To Uk

I've been arranging a holiday for my family and two French families. I've paid everything and now need them to transfer their share to me.

Clearly this can be done electronically but the only information I can find is "it's very expensive."

Anyone got an experience of transferring Euros to the UK electronically? Anyone know if "traite bancaire internationale" is the correct translation of "bank draft" as that could be cheaper.

• Moderation Lead

According to google translate, it means 'International Bank Draft', though that has a habit of literally translating, so at a guess I'd think it would be the same. I'm sure I recall Gumboots saying she was a French speaker?

https://www.fxcompared.com/

Use that site to check out value for money, services available etc.

I've used a couple of the brokers on there to transfer between the UK and EUROpean countries in the past. I used Transferwise the last time simply because I didn't have access to some of the security stuff (i.e.- a bill with name and address) I needed to use another broker that offered a slightly better rate. Though I can vouch for them - everything went though ok.

You should never ever ever use a bank at any cost - no matter what they say. As even if they say they 'don't charge' for certain accounts they'll always stiff you with a crap exchange rate - which really adds up if you use this method a lot and/or transfer a large amount.

Meh, Paypal aren't the cheapest either.

Archived