BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Your Children - To Indoctrinate Or Not?

D-side17

So basically you have led your kid to believe Burnley away is more important than the prospect of getting to Wembley? I'm not trying to start an argument about rivals, etc just making the point that football should be about dreams. If you look at it from that standpoint Millwall at home was by far the biggest game in 2013 not the one later that week. Don't think Dunn scoring a last minute goal (which wasn't even a winner) is much of a consolation to kids who could have had at least one Wembley trip that season. If kids are getting the impression beating Burnley is all this club can aspire towards something is badly wrong. Yeah call it an attempt at emotional blackmail if you want but its the truth. Its no wonder kids might want to go somewhere else if that's all they believe is important.

Before people say that's just my viewpoint people like parsonblue (and at least one person RevidgeBlue agreed with him) considered Millwall a much bigger game. He's been around this club longer than most people on this board.

Suppose Yoda and Abbey will be along soon with the usual comments attempting to bully me into a reaction. :rolleyes: Its because of people like that why I "left" in the first place. I could say a lot more but it would just be deleted again for being too personal. As if their attacks on me haven't been personal not to mention completely unprovoked despite moderators trying to stop it. Occasional trips to the Etihad (mainly as a day out with a friend when I had nothing bloody better to do) is hardly the same as full fledged support. Never even owned a shirt (apart from "why always me" which I would have bought anyway as people like Tom M did) though must confess to purchasing a bag of crisps in the stadium once.

I came back because I feel much better mentally its as simple as that. Different to the others who left because they don't like the owners or Championship football. I haven't changed many of my opinions its just that things don't upset me as much anymore. Not making this thread about me just beating Yoda and Abbey to the punch before THEY make it about me. Not giving them the satisfaction I'm extremely defensive by nature can't help it.

most blatant trolling post of the year.

you "left " because you got banned.....you have come back because your ban got lifted not because you wanted too FFS.

I have not even commented in this thread ,there is only ONE person making this thread about YOU and that is YOU...muppet.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

most blatant trolling post of the year.

you "left " because you got banned.....you have come back because your ban got lifted not because you wanted too FFS.

I have not even commented in this thread ,there is only ONE person making this thread about YOU and that is YOU...muppet.

Haha. Boom! :lol:

Vinjay - I gave up reading your codswallop after the first couple of paragraphs. Where do you get the balls big enough to come on here telling Rovers fans what's right or wrong when you fecked off for X number of years to support Man City?

I took my lad to his first game in 1986 when he was two years old, a pre season friendly/Lancs Cup game against Rochdale, I think. We were in the old Riverside and he spent all the game picking up dock ends off the terracing. My Mrs had been worried that I was taking him telling me to make sure he was safe, blah, blah, blah. He duly tripped up at some point, tupped the terracing and went home with a corker of a bruise and a lump on his forehead the size of an egg.

But he was a Rover!!

As soon as he had been born he was in a Rovers baby grow, we have loads of photos of him in kits over the years and not surprisingly he's been a life long Rover and a season ticket holder for most of them.

Leicester City or Blackburn Rovers? Mmmmmm......."fight!!"

So basically you have led your kid to believe Burnley away is more important than the prospect of getting to Wembley? I'm not trying to start an argument about rivals, etc just making the point that football should be about dreams. If you look at it from that standpoint Millwall at home was by far the biggest game in 2013 not the one later that week. Don't think Dunn scoring a last minute goal (which wasn't even a winner) is much of a consolation to kids who could have had at least one Wembley trip that season. If kids are getting the impression beating Burnley is all this club can aspire towards something is badly wrong. Yeah call it an attempt at emotional blackmail if you want but its the truth. Its no wonder kids might want to go somewhere else if that's all they believe is important.

Have I? How do you know based on one statement on one event on the internet.

How do you know what I do about parenting from one post you have read on the internet and see fit to give me some kind of attempt at a public dressing down over how I bring my kids up.

I politely request that you do not comment on what you do not know about.

Thanks

Have I? How do you know based on one statement on one event on the internet.

How do you know what I do about parenting from one post you have read on the internet and see fit to give me some kind of attempt at a public dressing down over how I bring my kids up.

I politely request that you do not comment on what you do not know about.

Thanks

Might make for a quiet messageboard. :lol:

Don't take it too personally, Stu.

I can see both sides of this as my dad is from Middleton, so he is a Man City fan.

Same here, my Dad grew up in Middleton, huge Irish/Manchester family and he is a City fan...

Looks like we are within a few years of each other...

Archived