BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup: Corner Flags.

I was reading a history of Rovers a while ago, got the book for Christmas and came across our hat trick of FA cup wins.

In the history of football in England only two clubs have done so, us and the Wanderers (they no longer exist and not to

be mistaken for Bolton wanderers) As a reward for winning three in a row, we were given the privilege of displaying our

club crest on the corner flags during Cup matches. The reason I have bought this up is, I couldn`t help but notice in

todays match, Man united were displaying their club crest on the corner flags. Has the rule changed, if not, why are they

doing it, are they allowed and could they be penalised?

Utd were the first I noticed, pretty sure Fulham and West Brom do as well, amongst others.

I think I read on here though that someone spoke to the FA and they knew nothing about it?

I must dig that book out and find the references, had a look on line and their was also something about the shape of flags, if a club had won the cup previously they could fly triangular flags, if not, square flags...loads of arguments about that as well.

We did the FA a massive favour by not keeping the FA Cup after the 3rd win.

Maybe Robert Coar could bring the corner flag issue up at his next jolly with them. Oh I forgot

Archived