BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Iraq Inquiry Aka The Chilcot Inquiry

Ah, so it's perfectly alright to deceive the people and invade a country under false pretenses as long as we get the "bad guys"?

Nevermind that the hundreds of servicemen and thousands of innocent civilians have lost their lives, and nevermind the political instability that has paved the way for terrorist groups like ISIS to flourish. All that matters is that we got rid of the nasty Muslim dictator because he didn't serve our interests anymore.

There's a Hitler comparison to be made here, but it's not with Saddam Hussein.

Ask the marsh Arabs and Kurds Saddam used chemical weapons on who's worse.

One area where Corbyn (and the German and French governments amongst others) have been proved to be utterly correct.

I supported Blair then and dont support Corbyn now, but you have to say Blair decisions on foreign policy (and the whole Tory party and half of Labour who supported him) were proved wrong and tens of thousands of people were killed unnecessarily and the region destabilised. I hope we have learned something, but sadly I doubt it.

I will never support military intervention again unless the case to action is cut and dried and the post regieme implementation plan rock solid, and it is hard to see how that is possible.

One area where Corbyn (and the German and French governments amongst others) have been proved to be utterly correct.

I supported Blair then and dont support Corbyn now, but you have to say Blair decisions on foreign policy (and the whole Tory party and half of Labour who supported him) were proved wrong and tens of thousands of people were killed unnecessarily and the region destabilised. I hope we have learned something, but sadly I doubt it.

I will never support military intervention again unless the case to action is cut and dried and the post regieme implementation plan rock solid, and it is hard to see how that is possible.

The problem with Corbyns point of view is that as an avowed pacifist, it would have made no difference to his opinion.

I'd agree that we shouldn't rush to war again without a plan for what follows, the reason I didn't support airstikes in Syria, but there are occasions when that may not be possible, and times when your plans just don't go to plan. As with most things theres not a black and white decision always available.

Archived