BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Iraq Inquiry Aka The Chilcot Inquiry

nope, supposedly he never says anyone "lied" as already pointed out in a statement by "Bliar".

Been watching Sky New's coverage of the families conference and there was a big round of applause when one of the mums said something along the lines of "Blair is the single biggest terrorist out there and must be brought to account".

Here it is http://news.sky.com/story/1722437/tony-blair-is-worlds-worst-terrorist

Surely Blair was just the precursor to the pretty much identical situations of the Arab Spring? Everywhere dictators were toppled across north Africa and the middle east, with or without western intervention, extremists rushed into the power vacuum.

If Blair is to be castigated for it then so should every leader involved in the Libya military invention, which is NATO and most of Europe. Ok the fallout hasn't been on the same scale but the country has technically been in a state of civil war for 2 years now which has killed 5,000 people. And this is a collection of leaders with 10 years of Iraq war hindsight to help their decision to get involved.

Blair said that he is more sorry than anyone can ever believe. Contrary to that, he said that if he was in the same position now, with the same information then he would make the same decision, contradicting himself. Scumbag

War Criminal. He has made millions off the back of it.

He won't be prosecuted. But I hope he's visited by demons in his old age.

It looked like some demons were visiting during his speech

nope, supposedly he never says anyone "lied" as already pointed out in a statement by "Bliar".

Been watching Sky New's coverage of the families conference and there was a big round of applause when one of the mums said something along the lines of "Blair is the single biggest terrorist out there and must be brought to account".

Here it is http://news.sky.com/story/1722437/tony-blair-is-worlds-worst-terrorist

I saw one of the family members on TV yesterday morning, they said no matter what the Chilcott enquiry said Blair was a war criminal, they are obviously entitled to their opinion but you have to review the details in the enquiry before you can properly comment in my opinion (and obviously taking into account the findings of the initial Hillsborough enquiries).

I haven't read a lot, but I haven't seen or heard of anything shocking that I didn't know or reasonably think would be found yet.

Saw Blair's response to the whole thing. I had the mental image of a hagfish defending itself came to mind (google it and you'll see what I mean).

Blair will be having some sleepless nights now, if he hasn't already.

We often hear how Tony Blair is a war criminal. However, there is zero chance of hime being tried for war crimes; he would have had to personally commission acts of genocide, rape, or torture. I don't know if there's a reprimand for just being too trigger happy too soon. But that will be of no comfort to those that perished; 179 British military personnel and thousands of Iraqi civilians.

• Backroom

He won't be tried imo. If tried and convicted, it may reduce the likelihood of a future PM doing it when actually needed.

A shame, but logical in a twisted way.

Huge support to jail Tony Blair in this country.

In no way should we blame Tony Blair alone but his advisors should also be brought to court as they are far more important than Tony.

Huge support to jail Tony Blair in this country.

I doubt it. If there is then people are pretty stupid considering he was the last prime minister in god knows how long to be voted in for three consecutive stints in office. One decade we can't get enough of him, the next we want him thrown in jail?

And why? Because, at a time of high political tension following the worst terrorist attack ever made on one of our allies, he decided to help overthrow a nutjob dictator who's started a war 10 years earlier and who's brutal regime had killed a minimum of 250,000 of his own people in various genocides on the country's Shias.

It's incredible the extent to which history has been rewritten on this whole topic but Blair is most certainly not a war criminal. He attacked a war criminal, he attacked the Muslim Adolf Hitler and accidentally destabilised a region. Yes it was a tactical mistake, was it hell a war crime.

If anyone doubted how insignificant and peripheral Britain has become outside Europe, Blair effectively broke the British political system to curry favour with the Bush White House to get favourable treatment in return.

Chilcote documents how Blair got absolutely nothing in return from Bush.

Today, have a look in any American news media and see where the Chilcote coverage is. It is nowhere. They are simply not interested in the UK and that is exactly the reaction we will get in any trade negotiations. The Americans will frame their response to the UK in the context of protecting their interests in the EU.

If anyone doubted how insignificant and peripheral Britain has become outside Europe, Blair effectively broke the British political system to curry favour with the Bush White House to get favourable treatment in return.

Chilcote documents how Blair got absolutely nothing in return from Bush.

Today, have a look in any American news media and see where the Chilcote coverage is. It is nowhere. They are simply not interested in the UK and that is exactly the reaction we will get in any trade negotiations. The Americans will frame their response to the UK in the context of protecting their interests in the EU.

So the referendum result is Blair's fault !

:wacko:

I doubt it. If there is then people are pretty stupid considering he was the last prime minister in god knows how long to be voted in for three consecutive stints in office. One decade we can't get enough of him, the next we want him thrown in jail?

And why? Because, at a time of high political tension following the worst terrorist attack ever made on one of our allies, he decided to help overthrow a nutjob dictator who's started a war 10 years earlier and who's brutal regime had killed a minimum of 250,000 of his own people in various genocides on the country's Shias.

It's incredible the extent to which history has been rewritten on this whole topic but Blair is most certainly not a war criminal. He attacked a war criminal, he attacked the Muslim Adolf Hitler and accidentally destabilised a region. Yes it was a tactical mistake, was it hell a war crime.

Ah, so it's perfectly alright to deceive the people and invade a country under false pretenses as long as we get the "bad guys"?

Nevermind that the hundreds of servicemen and thousands of innocent civilians have lost their lives, and nevermind the political instability that has paved the way for terrorist groups like ISIS to flourish. All that matters is that we got rid of the nasty Muslim dictator because he didn't serve our interests anymore.

There's a Hitler comparison to be made here, but it's not with Saddam Hussein.

Realpolitik has shown that it was probably better to leave Hussein who had nowt to do with the terrorist attacks in 2001. Look at the mess since Saddam was binned. No doubting he was evil, but now there is no strong government, we have a vacuum where all sorts of insane Islamist turds live and ferment their hate. We have people from Birmingham going over, fighting and getting training and then coming back to bomb us. 281 people and counting have died in 1 bomb attack this week.

And then there's the massive corruption in the completely improvised post war reconstruction. The reconstruction of the oil wells was given to Haliburton, and not offered as an open tender as usually happens. Who was a former director of Haliburton? Oh that's right Dick Cheney the then vice President. Blair swims in such corruption, it is his lifeblood. Just look at the sale of military radar systems to Tanzania.

With hindsight Blair was a pretty patchy PM. Saddled the NHS with terrible PFI contracts, the Iraq war, and the economic house of cards that fell in 2008. Like Thatcher with all the electoral success he become increasingly mad with the power and thought he was on some sort of political crusade, a mission from God. Unlike Thatcher though, I don't think he hung out with paedos. Just dodgy political figures like Berlosconi, Murdoch, Gaddafi.............

Ah, so it's perfectly alright to deceive the people and invade a country under false pretenses as long as we get the "bad guys"?

Nevermind that the hundreds of servicemen and thousands of innocent civilians have lost their lives, and nevermind the political instability that has paved the way for terrorist groups like ISIS to flourish. All that matters is that we got rid of the nasty Muslim dictator because he didn't serve our interests anymore.

There's a Hitler comparison to be made here, but it's not with Saddam Hussein.

Well the decieve bit still depends on whether you thought Blair honestly believed Sadman Insane had or was developing chemical weapons or whether that was a cover for whatever the conspiracy theorists have managed to drum up as the real motivation ever since. This isn't something Blair/Bush dreamed up one night after a taking some mushrooms, the U.N. was so suspicious it sent weapons inspectors in there by the busload and Hussein was as obstructive as possible with all of them.

I find it astonishing that you can put bad guys in quotation marks and use the description Muslim dictator as though it's yet another example of the most overused word in the dictionary, Islamophobia. The cretinous vermin killed 250,000 of his own people, 250,000, minimum. For the exact same reason the bombs in Baghdad and Medina went off this week, because they were Shias and not Sunnis.

To be honest I struggle to restrain my incredulity at this pacifist moral high ground when talking about genocidal ****heads. There's nothing moral about it. You're right we should have left him there, but only because it would have been easier for us.

Archived