BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Penniless Struggling Club

And 3 more points:

-we are invisible on Premier League Reviews

-we are invisible in the Championship

and in 140 years its the first time we have a Dingle manager

Plus the Wanderers have sold nearly 10k season-tickets, but at at least 13,000 of our fans(two-thirds) have dissolved.

Oh and the Manager they removed is now England Manager.

Venkys = unmitigated Disaster

Bolton likely to shift more season tickets than us because its a 'new era' for them. New manager, who has a good reputation at that level, new owners who are taking steps to sort things out at the club, and optimism moving forward that they will be 'big boys' in the 3rd division and expectation that they will be winning most of their games and hope that they will be bouncing straight back up like Wolves/Wigan/Leicester/Norwich did.

A couple of seasons of struggle at that level i.e. Coventry and their gates will drop through the floor.

In contrast at Rovers there is no end in sight to the malaise. Bolton had a terrible time of things last season but got a change of ownership, stayed in business and are now in a better place financially because of it. Their mythical debt figure of £150 odd million has all but gone and they are looking forward.

Rovers have attempted to paint the situation as a 'new era' under Coyle, but ultimately its the same characters behind the scenes making the major decisions and mistakes. Rovers fans have realised after almost 6 years of rubbish that it doesn't matter who the manager is and unless/until these owners clear off things won't change for the better.

Bolton likely to shift more season tickets than us because its a 'new era' for them. New manager, who has a good reputation at that level, new owners who are taking steps to sort things out at the club, and optimism moving forward that they will be 'big boys' in the 3rd division and expectation that they will be winning most of their games and hope that they will be bouncing straight back up like Wolves/Wigan/Leicester/Norwich did.

A couple of seasons of struggle at that level i.e. Coventry and their gates will drop through the floor.

In contrast at Rovers there is no end in sight to the malaise. Bolton had a terrible time of things last season but got a change of ownership, stayed in business and are now in a better place financially because of it. Their mythical debt figure of £150 odd million has all but gone and they are looking forward.

Rovers have attempted to paint the situation as a 'new era' under Coyle, but ultimately its the same characters behind the scenes making the major decisions and mistakes. Rovers fans have realised after almost 6 years of rubbish that it doesn't matter who the manager is and unless/until these owners clear off things won't change for the better.

I just do not see our lot flogging the club, that's the sad thing really the Seneca deal really was a decent way out for them.

No argument that it certainly helped us stay up that season.

I just don't think we can say relegation would've been certain otherwise.

We looked gone for all money in 1986, and then suddenly beat Sheffield United 6-1 and went on to scrape survival on the final day of the season.

Main difference there being there was still some quality in the side with the likes of Garner & Barker who clicked into gear again at the right times. Although I don't know much about 86 to be fair but fast fwds 4/5 years and the key men Garner & Sellars both out of large parts of these season with injury, no quality in the team at all and no means to bring any in. It would have been a struggle to stay up but of course nothing is certain but it was only going one way.

Remember the Blackburn ends version of that Righteous Brothers song that was about at the time getting a regular airing :lol:

Main difference there being there was still some quality in the side with the likes of Garner & Barker who clicked into gear again at the right times. Although I don't know much about 86 to be fair but fast fwds 4/5 years and the key men Garner & Sellars both out of large parts of these season with injury, no quality in the team at all and no means to bring any in. It would have been a struggle to stay up but of course nothing is certain but it was only going one way.

Remember the Blackburn ends version of that Righteous Brothers song that was about at the time getting a regular airing :lol:

I can tell you we looked gone in '86 and didn't have Jack giving us cash, like in '91.

The main reason I'm not on board with your comparison to our current predicament is the obvious difference that the club was owned and run by people who cared about it.

Whilst they had little money, and obviously made mistakes, (as we all do), they always acted in the club's best interests.

In 86 the club had the fans behind it. There weren't many of us but those who were there were right behind the team. Couldn't be more different from now.

About eight and a half thousand there for the final game against Grimsby, A couple of years later we ran a few fundraising events for the Riverside Appeal in our staff club and raised nearly a thousand pounds. You couldn't see that happening now.

Archived