BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Radio, Radio

Difficult to tolerate the radio these days. My daily driver in the morning is Evans on radio 2 but Christ he talks too much, and usually all over the decent records. "Here is the golden oldie, I Surrender by Rainbow" I turn up the radio and he gabs all over the beginning, like a madman I'm shouting SHUT UP at the radio.

Over to 5 live, Nicky Campbell and 'Your Call' is good,but in the afternoon something called Nihal has taken over presenting, and yesterday we had two hours of rap stars describing how their work and some anaemic tosser called Professor Green helped them through depression ? Laaiike it's may life innit ? Jesus,Grow a pair and man up..

Radio 2 between 2 and 5 is to be avoided at all costs. Steve Shyyte in the afternoon, a hugely overweight, overpaid parody of smashy and nicey surrounded by salivating 'laugh on demand' sycophants. An act that is 30 years old and earns this tub of fat £445K a year.

Thank the lord and the virgin Mary for the welcoming arms of Radio 4, sanctuary.

I flick between Absolute Radio, Talksport and 5 Live. For my very brief 30-45 min total commute per day that's just about tolerable (although if it's ads on Absolute, Durham talking his usual nonsensical idiocy in his usual aggressive shouty manner, and some saccharine tribute to one of the BBCs lovies (Olympians, female athletes in male dominated sports) going on on 5 Live then I am sometimes forced to just turn it off.

If I drove any longer each day I'd probably get a digital radio. With my current rubbish reception the best station going IMO, radio 4, is denied me.

Got digital radio in the car AS? Or (and I'm no techno geek) is digital radio possible by a phone somehow? If you can, give 6 Music a try in the afternoons, Radcliffe and Maconie. Streets ahead of R2 or R5.

Tune in radio and connect the phone via usb, aux or Bluetooth.

I use my phone probably 50% of the time. R4 extra has a lot of good repeat stuff from R4 and archive material. For example I really enjoyed Radio Active first time round and it's all being re run on R4E.

Downloading R4 programming is also a great way to listen to things I'd otherwise miss and downloading serials and listening to them in a week rather than over 6-8 weeks suits me very well.

As for R1 and R2 I'd rather stick pins in my eyes though R2 chart programmes from decades back are usually pretty good at the weekend - that's just age though!!

I use my phone probably 50% of the time. R4 extra has a lot of good repeat stuff from R4 and archive material. For example I really enjoyed Radio Active first time round and it's all being re run on R4E.

Downloading R4 programming is also a great way to listen to things I'd otherwise miss and downloading serials and listening to them in a week rather than over 6-8 weeks suits me very well.

As for R1 and R2 I'd rather stick pins in my eyes though R2 chart programmes from decades back are usually pretty good at the weekend - that's just age though!!

I'll be listening to Brian Matthew as I drive to Silverdale and Carnforth tomorrow morning, good stuff.

I only listened to 1 when Moyles was on in the morning, and Mark and Lard in the afternoon. Grimmy ??! Where have all the listeners gone Zoony ?

As for Steve Shiiite, that tw@t should be fired into the sea (If they can find a gun big enough)

Got digital radio in the car AS? Or (and I'm no techno geek) is digital radio possible by a phone somehow? If you can, give 6 Music a try in the afternoons, Radcliffe and Maconie. Streets ahead of R2 or R5.

No digital Neil, but the radio has USB and I have the iPhone 6 (7 in a couple of weeks) Is there a way I can get 6 Music ? That would be fab :)

Use up all my data ?

I use R4E live - that is using data - for 60-90 minutes per day five days a week and have only once used my monthly data allowance. On top of that is browsing anywhere I want whenever I want. I don't know what my allowance us but it is small.

R6 is broadcast live on the BBC iPlayer radio app.

No digital Neil, but the radio has USB and I have the iPhone 6 (7 in a couple of weeks) Is there a way I can get 6 Music ? That would be fab :)

Tune in radio and connect the phone via usb, aux or Bluetooth.

Surprised myself getting this multiquote thing to work..... thanks to J*B sounds like you should be able to do that without too much bother. If iphone doesn't have radio (I don't have an iphone) would guess you'll be able to download an app.

Archived