BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Scott Wharton

Dunnfc

Paul you've gone from having x amount to y amount being taxable and suitably changed your tune from being exempt to now admitting its taxable?

Now we both accept this is the case lets delve into vat. Vat is charged monthly if a history of banking or finance issues, may you refer yourself to the fact we borrowed previous parachute monies prior to being paid? In instances to paying Berg off etc. I no doubt accept something similar has arisen with HMRC to ease cash flow pressures.

Not misleading people they can do there own maths but surely you must agree a mean of 2250 fans per game at Vat is a waste of money simply to inflate figures? Money which we have a clown currently trying to cost cut!?

At no point did I say ticket sales are VAT exempt. in my initial post I said the gate the club announces has no relevance to its VAT bill. If we sell 10,000, or whatever, and declare 30,000, the income which carries VAT is still only from the 10,000 sold.

Not misleading people they can do there own maths but surely you must agree a mean of 2250 fans per game at Vat is a waste of money simply to inflate figures?

I still cannot fathom what you mean by the statement above. It doesn't make sense but you appear to be saying, again, by artificially inflating the gate the club will pay more VAT. This is incorrect VAT liability is determined by the difference between VAT paid and VAT charged. It has nothing to do with misrepresenting attendance figures - unless of course you are suggesting the club is cooking the books by inflating it's income along with attendances?

Your opening post, which started the discussion, stated "So that leaves us egging our attendances to 10.5k despite only 6k in through the turnstile and paying more tax on the higher figure of fans!" This is a clear statement the number of fans through the turnstile influences the VAT liability. This is simply untrue and this is the sense in which you have mislead people.

As for VAT being paid monthly I'm happy to learn this, the companies I've worked for have never been in a position to need to ease cashflow in this way.

So if Wharton has the same agent that was working busily in the Bowyer era then we get as geezer with his own 'contacts' some of them he's worked for but never heard of course then maybe he's just putting his own men at the front of the queue.

He was determined to get Brown on some sort of deal and if he's working on the fabled weekly budget, well .....

Let's not forget why Dave Whelan allegedly wasn't happy with his selections. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him !

Anyone know when Wharton's current deal comes to an end? Venky's are in the driving seat here really as they know Wharton is in a sticky position in terms of looking at other clubs, if he were to leave Rovers would be entitled to a development fee. All they have to do to ensure this is offer him equal terms on a new contract.

Anyone know when Wharton's current deal comes to an end? Venky's are in the driving seat here really as they know Wharton is in a sticky position in terms of looking at other clubs, if he were to leave Rovers would be entitled to a development fee. All they have to do to ensure this is offer him equal terms on a new contract.

18 months left according to transfermarkt.

Archived