BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Are The Fa 'fit To Govern' ? [Rhetorical I Know]

Has there really ever been an organisation so entrenched in the past and the establishment way of doing things that has had responsibility for such a wide spectrum of activity from the local park to the national stadium and is so woefully inept at managing either itself or it's sphere of influence?

It shouldnt surprise us really, given the levels of support and interest towards investigation of what's going on at Rovers, but its sickening that the exposures of 'kiddy fiddling' licenced coaches is exposed to the extent it presently is, and the FA shows little intent to investigate, seems not to have ever investigated, and will do everything except investigate. Looks wholly as though the men in the blazers arent going to vote to rock the boat.............

So I searched on FA site and eventually found Rob Coar under 'PG Reps' and the name under him was Richard Bowker, ex-QEGS in Blackburn and ex Strategic Rail Authority....a person I vaguely knew from London BUT a really committed Rovers fan(like all people from QEGS used to be)

So of the 4 FA 'PG Reps' there are 2 Rovers Supporters(assume Rob Coar is?) out of the 4.

Now Richard was always outspoken. One for WAR to follow up.

So I searched on FA site and eventually found Rob Coar under 'PG Reps' and the name under him was Richard Bowker, ex-QEGS in Blackburn and ex Strategic Rail Authority....a person I vaguely knew from London BUT a really committed Rovers fan(like all people from QEGS used to be)

So of the 4 FA 'PG Reps' there are 2 Rovers Supporters(assume Rob Coar is?) out of the 4.

Now Richard was always outspoken. One for WAR to follow up.

Serious question - what is a PG Rep and what is their function in the FA?

I will assume it does not mean 'Personal Gain'

Serious question - what is a PG Rep and what is their function in the FA?

I will assume it does not mean 'Personal Gain'

"Professional Game" - a representative on the Professional Game board, there is another for the NG - or National Game board -

in light of events, perhaps they should consider a committee name change to 'Parental Guidance'

The problem with the FA is that it reflects local government, it's full of elected representatives that are no more qualified than you or I to run the game. In fact holding a B license and having played the game to league level coupled with a masters in business I'm actually infinitely more qualified than most the old codgers who sit on the various panels and boards. My point is that it's full of moneyed old bloke who have time and inclination rather than qualification.

Has there really ever been an organisation so entrenched in the past and the establishment way of doing things that has had responsibility for such a wide spectrum of activity from the local park to the national stadium and is so woefully inept at managing either itself or it's sphere of influence?

It shouldnt surprise us really, given the levels of support and interest towards investigation of what's going on at Rovers, but its sickening that the exposures of 'kiddy fiddling' licenced coaches is exposed to the extent it presently is, and the FA shows little intent to investigate, seems not to have ever investigated, and will do everything except investigate. Looks wholly as though the men in the blazers arent going to vote to rock the boat.............

I think the FA are ok with anything as long as it does not cost them any money ,god forbid them having to spend anything on investigating things that would probably embarrass them.

The problem with the FA is that it reflects local government, it's full of elected representatives that are no more qualified than you or I to run the game. In fact holding a B license and having played the game to league level coupled with a masters in business I'm actually infinitely more qualified than most the old codgers who sit on the various panels and boards. My point is that it's full of moneyed old bloke who have time and inclination rather than qualification.

I have had first hand experience of these people and I fully concur with your view. Most of them were in it for what they could get i.e. tickets for big matches and generous expenses. They were various types of meglomaniacs full of their own self importance. The FA is really stuck in a time warp and the recent recommendations for reform were thwarted by these very people.

The whole thing needs to be knocked down and started up again.

Look at how they've 'dealt' with the Allardyce/Telegraph corruption scandal.

Let the dust settle for a few weeks, then appoint Mr Safe in Gareth Southgate to ensure there is absolutely no chance of the same happening again.

They are very good at dodging the issues. They say all the right things to keep the government and media off their backs, but actions less so.

The FA and those who work for it are more concerned with fulfilling political ambitions such as setting examples on things like racism/sexism/homophobia because they are under pressure from the government to do this, whilst issues like ridding the game of corruption and ensuring historic institutions like Blackburn Rovers, Blackpool and Coventry City are run properly are down at the bottom of the to do list.

Archived