BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Unemployable managers

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

lets see if he does come out from his Brunei hideaway , I have my doubts Australia is English speaking , life could become difficult for him....

Personally I hope a brown snake bites him , a fitting ending to real low life snake !

Careful, apparently some get offended by wishing death to all those directly involved in the swindle. :P

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
5 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

But The Daily Telegraph has learnt highly credentialed former Blackburn Rovers manager Kean has thrown his hat in the ring and has told the club’s Chinese owners during negotiations that money is not an issue.

“He is happy to do the job for whatever the going rate is,” one source said.

“It is not about the money for Steve. He wants to come to Newcastle and give the club credibility and help lift the Jets off the bottom of the ladder and finally back into the play-offs.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/teams/newcastle-jets/former-english-premier-league-manager-steve-kean-wants-to-rebuild-struggling-newcastle-jets/news-story/bb7b7044c7680cfa61ad860a29723bfc

Sounds like he's been talking to Coyle - isn't this how he wormed his way in here? 

• Backroom
Just now, Gav said:

"Sources close to the club have learned that Kean, 49, lost out to Merrick, 64, due to his lack of experience at A-League level."

Strange that a guy once touted by the likes of Robbie Savage as "manager of the year" in the PL can't even get a job at a crap club in the A-League due to lack of experience. 

5 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

But The Daily Telegraph has learnt highly credentialed former Blackburn Rovers manager Kean has thrown his hat in the ring and has told the club’s Chinese owners during negotiations that money is not an issue.

“He is happy to do the job for whatever the going rate is,” one source said.

“It is not about the money for Steve. He wants to come to Newcastle and give the club credibility and help lift the Jets off the bottom of the ladder and finally back into the play-offs.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/teams/newcastle-jets/former-english-premier-league-manager-steve-kean-wants-to-rebuild-struggling-newcastle-jets/news-story/bb7b7044c7680cfa61ad860a29723bfc

Fear not, it looks like they are appointing the other bloke; Kean not getting Jets job

Knowing the form on this I'd say that Kean thinks he's been away long enough so he got one of his pals to slip in a couple of pro Kean lines into a non-starter to get his name out there.

The article also mentions Roy O'Donovan. I think that he was with Kean for a while too.

Archived