BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Live affordable football Sat 3pm!

Hello rovers fans, Chorley FC fan here. You may not be aware but on Sat Sept 2nd it's national nonleague day. It's a great opportunity to go and watch a nonleague game and see a game that's old school and throw back to the old days,many rovers fans have been down to victory park in recent years and it's always great to have a pint share stories in the clubhouse .You can expect a really good atmosphere as York are rumoured to be bringing 4 to 500 away fans and Chorley fans will be out in numbers.With a generation lost to football due to cost of football kids 12 and under can get in completely FREE with a paying adult!. Standing up on terraces..swapping ends at half time. .Next to no police...Singing and banter ,family friendly..cheap drinks in the social club and much much more...come down for the day you will love it and be made more than welcome from everyone at chorleyfc "Matt Jansen's black and white army"

2 hours ago, Lancashire lad said:

With a generation lost to football due to cost of football

No, it's due to the w@nkdog owners that we have. 

Chorley charge too much and are a bit poor.  My money is worth more and I get to watch similar standard for nowt in the west lancs league

The meaning behind the price of football was just that you don't see groups of kids going football with there mates anymore,if by offering free entrance to kids this might just bring them from the PlayStation to the match itself. It's a small step by chorleyfc but definitely seems to be working crowds up 40percent last season,quite abit due to the free kids offer

12 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

No, it's due to the w@nkdog owners that we have. 

Chorley charge too much and are a bit poor.  My money is worth more and I get to watch similar standard for nowt in the west lancs league

Bit harsh that! Whilst I wouldn't seek to belittle the standard of the West Lancs league (highest amateur level around here) as I played a similar standard for a while, to suggest it's similar to the National League North is inaccurate in my opinion. The National League North is five divisions above the West Lancs league in the football pyramid. As you probably saw on the Salford City documentary there are ex football league players on good money in that league.

For what it's worth I will be going to the Anchor ground this Saturday on Non league day for Darwen v Maine Rd. 

I also fancy going to watch AFC Fylde at some point. I had a pint in their sports bar on Friday; it looks to be a cracking setup. 

As for Chorley FC, I am aware of a few Rovers fans who have ditched us to follow Chorley everywhere. Rovers have always been traditionally well supported in Chorley .

I want all our local non league sides to succeed but not at the expense of Rovers support base. So whilst I was a little gutted for Chorley fans and Matt Jansen in particular after the Halifax result, the only positive from a purely selfish point of view was that hopefully more fans won't do the same, given our demise and Chorleys rise. I've always had the same mindset with Accy Stanley, and even my home town team AFC Darwen!

Notwithstanding that I wouldn't mind catching a decent game on Victory Park at some point this season.

*SPECIAL OFFER* 

Any B R F C season ticket holder can gain entry at a discounted price of 9£..also meaning if he/she takes there two kids who are 12 or under the entry would only be £9!!! Come down give non league a try for the day?....it's pay on the gate and simply show your rovers season ticket at the turnstile and you'll receive your 25 % discount.... Cheers

By hec, Lanky Lad, tha's beet mi to it!

I wer' just 'bout ter tell all folk from Blackbern ter get thi' sels dern to Chorrrley this Saturdi, wen I sees tha's dun it all reet!

Fine ales, gradely football, FREE fer nippers and even a brass band!

By hec, nowt rong wi' that!

Come on, Lancisher, let's show them from t'other side o' Pennines who's t'best wen it cums to supportin' our football teams! 

Been quite afew enquiries for today's match at victory park.  . . .the train and bus station are directly opposite each other in centre of town and it's only 5  to 10 mins walk away. For parking there a new car park on rangletts rec' which is on pilling lane behind the ground .hope that helps ,see you down there for a drink or 2?

Archived