BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

What's In The Garden?

I thought we could have a thread about all things garden related. Surely some of you out there are keen gardeners.

Tips, thoughts, how to's etc...

What's in your garden?

This year the strawberry patch is booming, I've got peas, tomatoes, popcorn and sweetcorn growing in my other planter box. Also it seems some of last years pumpkins have self seeded.

Oh and of course I've got a red rose bush. There's a white one too that was there when we bought the house but I have been told by the wife that I'm not allowed to rip it out.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 2

• Upside Down changed the title to What's In The Garden?

Right now very little growing, although there is a spectacular colour show from the acer. just picked the last of the tomatoes from the greenhouse today, the apples were the last fruit about a fortnight ago.

We have an allotment as well and I need to be getting the garlic in quickly, it's a bit late already.

DeeCee - run a mower over them to chop them up and make leaf mould, wonderful stuff.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, only2garners said:

Right now very little growing, although there is a spectacular colour show from the acer. just picked the last of the tomatoes from the greenhouse today, the apples were the last fruit about a fortnight ago.

We have an allotment as well and I need to be getting the garlic in quickly, it's a bit late already.

DeeCee - run a mower over them to chop them up and make leaf mould, wonderful stuff.

I wish I could have space for a greenhouse but I've enough trouble keeping on top of what I have already. 

Got a couple of fruit trees but they're only tiddlers. Most of the trees I have are natives which is great for both the bird life and keeping out the nasty easterly winds.

On 12/11/2022 at 19:45, only2garners said:

Thanks, they're on gravel 😁

On 12/11/2022 at 20:34, Upside Down said:

Or put them in a big pile and chuck a couple of molehills in there. The worms will turn it to compost in no time.

See above 😁 we aren't gardener's so went for the low maintenance option, problem is the garden is 110 foot long 😢

15 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Looks like the low maintenance option wasn't so low maintenance. 

It is if I only have to clear leaves for a couple of months a year, she does all the pots, tubs and borders, I jet wash the patio and pick up dog shit and fill the bird feeders 😁