BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tom Bloxham ready or not?

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23601975.blackburn-rovers-sign-tom-bloxham-tottenham-hotspur/

Spurs allowed Bloxham to spend time on trial during the 2022/23 campaign, playing once for Rovers Under-18s at the end of 2022 and then twice for the Under-21s at the turn of the year.

He started in the Under-21 games against Brighton and Fulham in February, both away from home, and was on the bench for the Premier League 2 fixture against Leicest

Just spotted this one, another early signing.

Think he will feature this season? 

1 minute ago, Neilbristol said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23601975.blackburn-rovers-sign-tom-bloxham-tottenham-hotspur/

Spurs allowed Bloxham to spend time on trial during the 2022/23 campaign, playing once for Rovers Under-18s at the end of 2022 and then twice for the Under-21s at the turn of the year.

He started in the Under-21 games against Brighton and Fulham in February, both away from home, and was on the bench for the Premier League 2 fixture against Leicest

Just spotted this one, another early signing.

Think he will feature this season? 

If Markanday can’t get a game I can’t see this lad featuring next season. One for the future possibly.

• Like 1

I gather he only played twice for Spurs U21s (who got relegated and finished 3 places below ours) and also twice for our u21s when he was on trial.

So no, I think we can assume he isn't ready for the first team. Likely to spend much or all of next season trying to establish himself in our u21s first.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I gather he only played twice for Spurs U21s (who got relegated and finished 3 places below ours) and also twice for our u21s when he was on trial.

So no, I think we can assume he isn't ready for the first team. Likely to spend much or all of next season trying to establish himself in our u21s first.

He will be doing well, to become an established U21s player. The new format for the U21s may allow for more experimental team selections. This may favour the younger players.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

In fairness to him he was 17 for most of the season, (turned 18 on 30th April) so he was playing above his age group when with the U21s

But that being said, you are 100% correct in that he was recruited for our U21 squad for next season, not the first team, 

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, KentExile said:

In fairness to him he was 17 for most of the season, (turned 18 on 30th April) so he was playing above his age group when with the U21s

But that being said, you are 100% correct in that he was recruited for our U21 squad for next season, not the first team, 

Absolutely, didn't mean it as any kind of slight on his ability and potential. Just that, as we agree, he's unlikely to be ready for the first team.

You never know of course, Dolan was brought in on the same assumption, but at this point in time it can only be believed that JDT and GB (or perhaps more a case of the U21 boss) have brought him in as an U21 player initially. If he performs better than expected early doors, maybe he can break into the fringe. Think there'll be a lot of senior competition by the end of the window though.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Absolutely, didn't mean it as any kind of slight on his ability and potential. Just that, as we agree, he's unlikely to be ready for the first team.

You never know of course, Dolan was brought in on the same assumption, but at this point in time it can only be believed that JDT and GB (or perhaps more a case of the U21 boss) have brought him in as an U21 player initially. If he performs better than expected early doors, maybe he can break into the fringe. Think there'll be a lot of senior competition by the end of the window though.

Mike Sheron. I agree, Bloxham will have to prove himself at U21s level.

• Like 1