SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hattrick

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I'd add my team to the mix. Super_rovers (418590) Feel free to challenge me/be a supporter of my team especially if you're in a country outside of Oceania as I'm chasing flags. Any tips of team/formation/tactics (short/long term) would be most appreciated as I've just finished my 2nd season so am a relative newbie.

My top tips for hattrick:

#1 - have fun, if any of the following rules prevent you from having fun, ignore it (but if fun=winning, follow these rules)

#2 - midfield is god, king and country. win midfield and the game is basically yours to lose.

#3 - train whatever main skill you want, but maximize your training for at least your first 5 seasons

#4 - This is a money management sim just as much as it is a sports sim, so plan your finances and upgades in advance

#5 - if in doubt, go to the newbie forum and ask, and only take advice from people who don't sound like they are 15 or younger when they post.

• 1 month later...

made it to round 6 of the US Open Cup, but I'm sure to bow out as I'm facing a team who had the 7th best hatstats int he country last round. I've got a trick up my sleeve that will limit the damage and perhaps give me a chance to win, but I'm not all that excited about my chances. However it is my first home game in like 5 seasons.

Oh, I'm also surprisingly ahead in my division 4 series, and have a shot at promotion. Its going to be a hard choice, since I barely deserve to be in division 4, let alone division 3. But I'm not one to shy away from a challenge. I'll promote, get hammered, drop to divsion 4, and potentially get hammered again and drop back to 5, oh well. :)

Just signed up, but is there any point getting into a season? If it is realtime, will I be signing up then doing nothing til August?

I doubt it but want to make sure

The season is only 14 games long and there are 3 seasons per real life year. You'll pick up a club about 1/2 way through this season which runs until beginning of July. The new one starts 2 weeks later.

Get onto the Newbie thread on their website and read the Rules in the Help section and you'll get your head around it pretty quickly

• 2 months later...

Well, it's probably been about 1.5 years since I've posted here but hey, noone's perfect. My team is currently comfortably in IV. I'm looking to push for III this season or next. My starting XI are:

GK: GoalKeeping-World Class

WB: Def-World Class, Wing-Solid

CD: Def-Supernatural

WB: Def-World Class

W: Wing-Outstanding, PM-Excellent

IM: PM-Supernatural

IM: PM-Supernatural

IM: PM-World Class, Pass-Inadequate

W: Wing-Outstanding, PM Solid

F: Scoring-Titanic

F: Scoring-Supernatural

I'm training PM so they will keep improving. My biggest weakness is my wings but I have no money to upgrade them at the moment. I also need to promote a new coach as my current one is down to poor leadership (not a big deal in the lower leagues but it is important as you promote).

If anyone wants a friendly or wants to ask a question my team is Supine Rovers in Oceania. Msg me through HT as I probably check it more than here.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

I'm in a rut at the moment, I have had 5 injuries since the start of the season, all but one were +2 or better (including two strikers now on +3s).

When healthy team looksl ike this, a middle of the road USA Div 4 side, but looking to improve as I have a bit of spending cash if needed. Could win my series actually.....

GK - World Class

WB- Brilliant def - Excellent wing

CD - World Class - inad wing (gets trained in wing)

WB - Outstanding Def - formidable wing

W - World Class wing - outstanding PM - solid Passing

IM - Titanic

IM - Titanic

IM - Supernatural w. solid passing

W - Formidable with World Class PM

S - Magnificant with SN SP and inad passing

S - Brilliant with inad passing and wing

Need to upgrade strikers soon, and since I'm triainng winger, I'm in good shape, really. Although I'll rotate in a higher Def to train into a WB soon. My #1 winger will likely get trained to E-T wing and then I'll have to figure out what to do.... He's too valuable to sell, but I can't train him past this season....

Edited by USRoverME

Vic Schartz (45876753)

26 years and 40 days, inadequate form, healthy

A sympathetic guy who is balanced and honest.

Has divine experience and wretched leadership abilities.

Also part of Team Lëtzebuerg!

Stamina: weak Goalkeeping: disastrous

Playmaking: poor Passing: inadequate

Winger: weak Defending: weak

Scoring: divine Set Pieces: weak

Matches for National team: 64

Matches for National U-20 team: 28

Career Goals: 113

Career Hattricks: 6

League goals this season: 0

Cup goals this season: 0

Can someone buy this plaer from me before I go bankrupt he is far far far too good for my team.

dear god, a Divine, never buy a divine (unless its SP or keeper), the wages are insane.

I've got 5 injures at the moment and got knocked out of the cup, so don't look at me.

Woohoo someone from Detroit is buying him. Good luck with that the wage bill is a joke. 342 900 a week.

Edited by rebelmswar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.