BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hattrick

So, I am pretty much not going up this season, but do have a bunch of cash in the bank. Will probably be over 2 million after 2 players move up in the next week or so. Should I spend all the money on a coach, or should I buy some excellent 17yos instead? How much does a good coach effect your training?

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A coach with at least passable training skills is mandatory. Ideally, get a solid coach.

Leadership is important if you want to win those close games. Although you can probably only afford inadequate/passable leadership.

Sold 2 outstanding playmakers, so have almost $3 million US in the bank. Going to buy a new coach, solid leadership/solid coaching skill for $2.5. I guess the week has to roll over first, because I was told I don't have the money, even though the players have already been sold and money received.

Have 6 young PMs, none older than 20, 4 solid, 2 almost solid. Will be training for the next season or 2. A couple of the trainees have other skills, one with solid scoring and passable defending at age 18. When he's up to excellent, he should bring me in some good money. Might even build my midfield around him and sell some of the others.

My new coach had a good start. PICed it and still won 0-7 on the road. Play the same team at home next week, so I can PIC it again. Although I'm not going up, I'll still have good fan support and player confidence.

I have a good shot of promoting....

Currently #1 (with 19 pts and a 31-2 GF/GA), so I'm above the autopromotion line at the moment, unless someone goes MOTS and gets lucky, I should be able to remain undefeated until the showdown at the end of the year with my top rival, who always puts out a great defense... but with no stumbles, I might be able to go into that game only needing a tie to autopromote....

If things go well, I'll have a half mil US$ in the bank and a crop of 4 pure wingers all at least brilliant (can sell 1 or 2) to give me some cahs to upgrade the team so I can compete in Division 5. Although I am looking to spend some of that $500K now on another offensive IM since my current off IM's PM is too low for Div 5.

Gotta love the new manager. PICed it again and won 10-0 this time. Finally got a decent YP with a 17yo solid defender. Unfortunately, not a single secondary skill even inadequate. Put him on sale for $350,000 us, figuring if I get that much, great, if not, he did immediately move into my starting defense.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, I put a kid on the TL today, starting at $100,000

Rick Singh (50328547)

20 years, solid form, healthy

A pleasant guy who is balanced and upright.

Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities.

Nationality: USA

Total Skill Index (TSI): 1 400

Wage: 620 US$/week

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: disastrous

Playmaking: weak Passing: poor

Winger: excellent Defending: inadequate

Scoring: poor Set Pieces: wretched

• 2 weeks later...

So how's everyone doing as the season draws to a close? I'm on course for my best ever finish in III, as it looks like I'll finish second. I was running the league leader close for quite a while but a 3-2 loss to him last week saw him take the title.

I am having the time of my life in what was Oceania's second toughest IV last season (I (Please don't use that word again) up the average now). I've taken 9 points so far (2 wins and three draws) and should get at least another 3 points before the season's out. I will be relegated but I haven't lost any supporters so far this year (gained a few actually) and my training program is kicking ass. Life is good at planet Supine Rovers

BigA what are you training at the moment? Can I interest you in Dante Martin next season? He should hit Supernatural after ~5 games in!

My team is

GK: 1 x Exc and 1 x Solid

Defenders: 1 x Exc Def/Solid Wing, 2 x Solid Def/Inad Passing, 3 x Solid Def

Midfielders: 2 x Brill PM, 1 x Outs PM, 2 x Exc PM

Wingers: 1 x Formid Wing/Inad PM, 1 x Exc Wing, Pass PM

Scoring: 3 x 17yo Exc Scor, 1 x 20yo World Class Scor, 2 x 20yo Mag Scor

Coach: Defensive Minded, Solid Trainer, Wretched Leadership (but I have a future coach ready)

All players are Oceanian except 4 defenders and the three 20yo strikers.

Well positioned to promote from Dif 6 to Div 5 with 34 points and a +49 GD with 2 games to go, although the last is to #2 in the league, but even with a loss then, I should autopromote, I think....

I'm currently training wingers, and I'll have two decents ones to sell at season's end (one I'll seen pretty soon actually...) which should net at least $2 USD, which I'll need since I've got a lot of improvements to make to survive Division 5. If anyone has anu advice I'm all ears..

Wilderness Wanderers FC (223701)

Current Squad and planned upgrades

GK: passable (but almost solid per hottrick's tool)

Defenders: 2x passables (one w/ passable PM), will be purchasing 1 excellent

Wingbacks: 2x passable wing, inad def, will be buying 2 solid def, inad wing to train

Midfielders: 3 excellents, all "older" (26-32), and 3 passables in reserve, will likey buy one more excellent or formidable

Wingers: currently 4x brilliants, will sell 2 and replace with trainees with some PM

Scoring: 3x passables, 2 with good Exp, plannig to buy an excellent or so

Coach: solid trainer, defensive minded, poor leadership (just bought) have a Passable EXP, inad leader waiting to become next coash when he hits solid EXP...

• 3 weeks later...

Finished a respectable 2nd, and the person who dropped to my league is a new owner, so has a crap team. Should have a good shot at promotion and should train my 6 cms up to formidable by seasons end. Right now I have some cash and am thinking about buying a formidable winger or defender.

You guys are going to love this.

So I win my qualifier on Sunday 4-1. After the game, my opponent sends me this :

Just remember, you didn't beat me, the fouled up game engine gave it to you.

And then this :

I just read your "news item" and you are such a liar. You weren't superior on the field until my best IM was injured. You won because the game engine sucks, not because you had any superiority AT ALL. Disgusting display of ego is all you have.

This was my reply :

Hatstats rating : 286 to 215

Star ratings : 61.5 to 49

Gamealyzer Prediction

Balwyn Rovers 5 - 2 Autumn Bonfires

Analyzed using HT-Gamealyzer (hattrick.daleycomputers.net/gamealyzer)

A CHPP app by Elkabong

Have a nice day smile.gif

PS how old are you?

Her reply (I've since found out that she's 55 year old woman who has completely alienated every other player in her series!)

The fact remains that my best IM and my best scorer were both out of the game before you went ahead of me. You beat my 8 players with 9 of yours, and you brag how great you are?

I was disgusted at the game engine which has sucked for a long time, but your 'news' posts proved that you didn't even know it.

Maybe some day they will make the game engine work so that there is some relationship between how good a team is and the results. Until then, don't brag.

I'm older than you are.

And :

Analyzed using HT-Gamealyzer (hattrick.daleycomputers.net/gamealyzer)

A CHPP app by Elkabong

It's also interesting that you have access to something like this when I don't. Are you someone special or do you just know the right people? Nothing like a fair game here, is there?

(end)

Boo - hoo -hoo! laugh.gif

That's a laugh pg! Thanks for sharing!

Update on me, I was promoted automattically to V.45 in USA. There's one new team (just replaced in #6 place, but another team threw the qually), and a team that used to be in Div III, but now has only a coach and 1 other player, but still logs in... blink.gif

I should be competitive for a finish in the 4th through 6th spot, but #1 and 2 are probably way out of reach.

@American - He's a little over what you said you wanted, but I'm selling an american winger when he pops to magnificent about week 1 next season, he's got weak PM, so might still benefit from the 50% wing PM training, and will only be 20. I'll probably start him at about $1 mil (maybe $1.4). His name is Floyd Flood (49903118). EDIT: was asked by a fed mate to train his this week and sell before the TS reset, so he'll be listed tonight....

My off-season focus is to upgrade my Wingback trainees, make some other defense improvements (CD and Keeper), a MF repalcement, and a new wing trainee in the beginning of the next season.. so far so good!

Edited by USRoverME

pg - I sent that woman a private message - and this is what she replied with:

"Yes, very "unlucky". It's bad enough that the HT game engine injures and redcards the top players in a match to ensure that supporters win, but when he gloats about it, that's really low.

By the way, where did that slimebag post my private message anyway?"

pg - I sent that woman a private message - and this is what she replied with:

"Yes, very "unlucky". It's bad enough that the HT game engine injures and redcards the top players in a match to ensure that supporters win, but when he gloats about it, that's really low.

By the way, where did that slimebag post my private message anyway?"

345508[/snapback]

Biased in favour of Supporters, that's a classic. biggrin.gif

Good luck to one and all this season, may your cup runs be extensive and your youths profitable (18yo multi-skilled player for me first up, just a pity it was a multi-skilled inad).

Biased in favour of Supporters, that's a classic. biggrin.gif

Good luck to one and all this season, may your cup runs be extensive and your youths profitable (18yo multi-skilled player for me first up, just a pity it was a multi-skilled inad).

347183[/snapback]

I got triple passable...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.