BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hattrick

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm up for it, even if I do give someone an easy passage into the next round. My clubs got the infrastructure set up, need to get some money together now to get a decent side together. Think my investment in youth has paid off so far though. I've got 20 players excluding my coach, and 7 of them have come through the youth team. I've got 2 passable keepers, 1 passable defender and 1 solid defender, 1 solid winger, one solid playmaker and one excellent playmaker (whose also got passable defending). It's cost me a lot of money over the last 8 months or so, but think it's definitely been worth it. This weekend will be the first time I've promoted someone from my "excellent" youth academy.

Don't hold your breath. My best youth pulls were when I was still solid. Have gotten at best passable, except one solid keeper, since I hit excellent about 20 weeks ago. Think I've immediately dropped 16 or 17 of the 20.

I got my first league win of the season yesterday too. Got an attendance of 18,500 against the worst team in my division- so looks like my big investment in the ground will pay off. Playing a level 3 team in the cup this week, putting out second string so will get hammered. PS. My youth pull was crap. TSI 100, best quality was inadequate scoring. I've got two solid and two passable strikers so its no good to me. One of my solid strikers has scored 12 goals in 9 games since I bought him- well worth the investment at level 6.

I lost 5-4 on sunday. I was 4-2 down, got it back to 4-4 and then he scored again.

I'd be up for some sort of friendly cup depending on how far I go in the cup and other friendly cup commitments (I play in a friendly cup every season from cup round 10).

I'd be in for the cup...

I got my first win, even though I had a red card on my best striker, and an injury to a trainee....

I'm just looking to get some training in this season, post a solid 2nd or 3rd spot, which should be easy in my division, and promotion is a goal for next season! smile.gif

With some increased supporter mood, I'll be breaking even on the 2-week cycle after my 9-0 trouncing in the cup 1st week! smile.gif

Despite the stats suggesting it was my teams best ever performanc last night, we lost 8-0 to a level 3 side. Their worst player (4 stars), was better than my best (3.5). At least I got 36,000 crowd- earning me a nice 120k. That's 200k of gate receipts this week. Well chuffed with that.

Andy Kilderry

TSI = 740 , 19 years, passable form

Has disastrous experience and passable leadership abilities

Stamina: wretched Keeper: disastrous

Playmaking: wretched Passing: weak

Winger: weak Defending: excellent

Scoring: poor Set Pieces: weak

Pretty happy with my youth pull this week. Been looking for an excellent defender all week too. Saves me a few quid.

Pulled this guy and put him on the transfer list:

Edwin Dubose (56171024)

17 years, passable form, healthy

A popular guy who is balanced and upright.

Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Speciality: Unpredictable

Nationality: USA

Total Skill Index (TSI):  900

Wage: 580 US$/week

Stamina:   weak  Goaltending:   disastrous 

Playmaking:   inadequate  Passing: inadequate 

Winger: weak  Defending: inadequate 

Scoring: passable  Set Pieces: wretched

Definitely should get me some money, though not a ton. Has the specialty, good disposition, young and very trainable, especially with the secondaries. Someone not training keepers could buy this guy and make a good profit after the season.

Hopefully my keepers are getting close to Excellent and I can sell one and pull another from the youth squad.

• 2 weeks later...

Tidy 5-1 win last night over #3 to cement my spot in #2. And had a virtual sellout (in threatening rain no less) to my new 17K stadium, but also had my best MF get a +@ injury at age 27. sad.gif

the leader of my series played a 6-3-1 CA formation against the worst team in the league, and still won 5-0 without a counterattack (he did have 63% possesion)!!! But at least he didn't get training! smile.gif

Had my 18 y.o. winger trainee pop to excellent.. will sell when he hits formidable I think! smile.gif

Somehow lost against the last place team, no promotion again this season. Did get a solid keeper from my youth squad, and he should be going to excellent shortly. Have some money to spend (and will have more once he and my other keeper train up), just not sure if I should by a few excellent players, or a formidable cm.

Bit of advice needed. I've just signed a couple of 17 year old playmakers to train up- which is what i've been doing since the start. I've now got 7 central mids. I'm playing 3-5-2 usually, will i be able to train 4 centre mids in a 3-6-1 without ruining the effects of training. this will be done in my friendly.

NO! Anything more than 3 inner mids will lose training for you. Any formation with more than 3 IMs (or CDs or Forwards) will make you lose training for the whole week, evn from the match with an acceptable formation.

Remember that wingers get PM training as well, but only about 50% of the training recieved by an IM. So you can either rotate who gets the 50% (slowing everyone down) or choose some of your trainees to be "long-term" trainees.

But don't play 3-6-1 for training!

woohoo, a win tonight, and a shock loss by the first place team puts me in first on goal differential... I might promote a year early since I don't see a loss brewing until potentially a rematch with the team I just passed in the final week of the season.

I also had my first YP at solid, and my best YP ever, TSI of 1120, passable passing, but only inadequate in defending and winger... had to TL him, but if he doesn't sell I'll train in winger and sell later.

Edited by USRoverME

Good to hear some of the newer BRFCS players are going well. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to send me a ht-mail (my team is Supine Rovers in Oceania).

Speaking of which, at what is a good level to sell forwards? They are all 19yo outstandings now with a couple to pop in the next two weeks. I realise that the market for strikers is down a bit at the moment but I don't plan on training them forever. I mean, i get passables in nearly everything but midfield and I want to switch to PM training soon. So BigA and PG and any others who want to venture an opinon, what do you reckon?

I've never trained forwards, but it seems to me that the strikers market is the most resilient out of all skills with regard to market fluctuations.

In terms of maximising your investment in training time, usually brilliant/magnificent is the 'sweet spot'. World-class/Supernatural begins to see diminishing returns. Titanic and beyond you don't usually get much more as their high wages tends to reduce their desirability.

Another good youth pull, but another disappointing draw. No promotion for me this season. I think I have to go back to 3-5-2. Just got a formidable pm for fairly cheap, just have to get his form up. Have some money to spend, and probably a keeper to sell soon, too. After I sell one more, probably, I'm moving on to PM training, as I'll have some money to spend on younger trainees.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.