BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hattrick

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Grizfoot. I won 3-0 so am four points clear of the drop zone now. Tbh my opponent played CA with three at the back and only a solid CA rating, it would probably have been 50:50 if he hadn't done that.

Edited by Big A

Unquestionably the greatest victory EVER in the history of Supine Rovers. A comeback, a full house in the new stadium, 7 goals, highest ever ratings, and a double hattrick to Supine's very own Felix Bradley:

Supine Rovers - damnation  4 - 3     

View game:  HT Live

Date:  14/11/2004 at 04.00

MatchID:  27138002

Arena:  Torpid Park

Crowd:  25000

Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 25000 at Torpid Park today. Supine had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. Lineup: Wharerau - Sima, Aujla, Curry - Ferranti, Dejnaka, Sarumara, Mackenzie - Martin, Nold, Bradley.

damnation had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Yang - Püss, Young, Sunesson - Spindler, Forsholt, Washbrook, Mackay, Huldai - Cardoso Freitas, Flickenschuster.

A mistake by the home sides central defence in the 4:th minute allowed Jonas Andreas Flickenschuster to score 0 - 1 for damnation. damnation´s Jonas Andreas Flickenschuster received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 16:th minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 0 - 2. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. 18 minutes into the game Supine broke through on the left wing and Felix Bradley managed to reduce the lead to 1 - 2. In the 19:th minute Supine was able to score the equalising 2 - 2 goal. Felix Bradley picked up a pass coming in from the right and chipped it past the away teams goalie. After 27 minutes damnation´s Jonas Andreas Flickenschuster contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 2. damnation held the ball, with a clear 53 percent possession rate.

A mistake by the home sides central defence in the 52nd minute allowed Jonas Andreas Flickenschuster to score 2 - 3 for damnation. By then Jonas Andreas Flickenschuster was a three time scorer - a hat trick! Supine's Felix Bradley scored 3 - 3 by shooting accurately and hard from a long distance, leaving the opponent goalie no other option than to pick up the ball from the net. By then Felix Bradley was a three time scorer - a hat trick! Felix Bradley really should have scored when he was chosen by fate to confront a wide open goal after a corner, but he lost his nerve. Felix Bradley gave his Supine the lead with 4 - 3, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. In the games 86:th minute damnation´s Helder Cardoso Freitas fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Helder Cardoso Freitas for taking a dive. An equalising goal was close at hand as Brian Mackay clipped a free kick just wide of the goal. damnation, bringing the final ball possession rate to 55 percent, dominated the battle.

Most important Supine player was Felix Bradley. Kihiko Sarumara on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating damnation player was without a doubt Eui-Tae Yang. Patrik Sunesson on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 3.

I MoTSd the match since it was 1 vs 2 and he had a better midfield and i was *absolutely* correct to do it (have a gimme game this week). Now all i have to do is sell a couple of players to pay for my solid coach and fit in another stadium upgrade before the end of the season. Can't believe i went from a 15k to a 25k stadium and still sold out!

Commiserations PG. Seems like you were robbed this week

Won again, 4-0 this time. BIG match next week, me and the other undefeated team. Probably will try to counter-attack, even though HO says it's not a good tactic for me. I have a good midfield, but his is huge. He also plays 3-5-2, but moving one wing back up and having all his midfielders offensive. Anyone ever tried, or heard of, doing PIC to help the counter-attack? Should give him more possession, especially in the midfield. Probably dumb to do that, but a win here should give me the league, or at least a leg up on it.

Trying to sell one of my solid strikers now, as the one I've been waiting to go to solid just did, so I can start training keepers once I have the cash to fire and hire the coaches to do it with.

Lost 3-0 at the weekend, PICing and CAing at home in preparation for bigger games to come. Slightly harsh result as he has no wing attack to speak of but this season hasn't been good so far. Might have been a mistake to CA him as I could have got close to his midfield on normal.

Tbh American Wu-Tang Clan look a lot better than you so it'll be tough to beat them whatever happens and away from home I'd expect you to lose midfield. You are currently training strikers aren't you? This doesn't really lend itself too well to CA or pressing. However your defence is pretty good so it might be an idea to try a 4-4-2 CA/Pressing with three IMs and the winger positioned to attack the side he doesn't have a full back on. If you really aren't confident (and away from home will be a tough ask) it might be best to PIC, you're coaches' leadership is pretty good so it's probably worth doing it if you think this is the way to go.

I guess whether to CA or press depends on the skills of your players. Do your players have good passing for CA (one option to consider is playing an IM with good passing and defending as an offensive centre back).

Wow. Glenn McGrath hits a half-century and i pull this:

Kevin Heath (47786131)

18 years, passable form, healthy

A pleasant guy who is balanced and honest.

Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Speciality: Head

Nationality: Oceania

Total Skill Index (TSI): 3 390

Wage: 1 769 AU$/week

Owner: Supine Rovers

Warnings: 0

Stamina: passable Goaltending: disastrous

Playmaking: passable Passing: excellent

Winger: inadequate Defending: passable

Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: wretched

He's listed at $0 but bidding is up AU$675K

Mine youth squad hit excellent this week, and my pull was my first in 3 weeks with a TSI under 500. Passable 18 yo, though, so I might get a few bucks, at least enough to cover his pull.

Sold my striker, so I can start keeper training this week, was going to start last week, but never had the time to change it. Lucky that, as one of my strikers went from Solid to Excellent!

Managed a strong 4-0 win at home to help me keep up with the leaders.

I lost my star winger and centre-back/set-piece taker to injury, but they should heal in time for the next league game.

But they will probably miss my 7th round Cup game on Wednesday dry.gif

Lost 6-2, looks like I'll have to wait another season to get promoted. Counterattack did get me my second goal, and my players did pretty well. Opponent was just too strong, which I figured he would be. He should have gone up last season and it looks like he's learned from whatever mistakes he made at the end of the season.

People are nuts... I would not have paid 2.8 million for that.

Consider I paid 2.5 million for an 18 year old player with excellent playmaking and excellent wing last season. He also had a head specialty.

But, I bet you aren't complaining Sam wink.gif

BTW I managed to win my cup game yesterday in a penalty shoot-out. I'm now through to the 8th round, and for the first time in eight seasons, I have a home cup game!!

I had my first loss of the season 4-2. Not much i could do since my 2nd best middy was out on a red card and my 3rd best was injured after a couple of minutes. I could only muster up a wretched midfield ratiing as my two fill-ins had weak/poor form. My best striker was also missing through injury.

Still it has been a happy couple of weeks for Supine Rovers with 2.7M in the bank, and a new coach and stadium.

Glad to see the other BRFCS members are doing well. I know PG is doing it tough in div III but it seems like us lower league dwellers are holding our own.

I PIC'ed and threw my league game yesterday against the top team, getting ready for my 8th round Cup game this week.

I had to play my third-string striker in defence because two of my defenders were still injured.

Now another defender got injured on Sunday.

I only have two fully fit defenders in the whole club sad.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Second loss in a row.

First lost at home 4-5, saw my GK get injured (3 weeks with only a inadequate GK available).

Second lost away 3-2. Finished first half losing 3-0, recovered to 3-2 and then saw my team lose chances, got one of my best defenders injured and one of best midefielders sent off. Couldn't create any more chaces after that.

It will be a hard second part of season!!! sad.gif

I'm getting some pretty awesome ratings in my matches recently (3 x passable in defence and 2 x Inadequate in attack). Plus three of my players are getting 3.5 stars as well (shutup PG and BigA, 3.5 stars is good for me tongue.gif). I'm still winning my league but i've got a MoTS this week against the second team. He has a better midfield and is playing at home but I have much better defence and attack so i guess we'll see. I beat him 4-3 at home in the reverse earlier this season in a game that we both MoTSd

Looks like I gotta wait until next season. Lost to the top team again, now 6 points back. Still playing well, and this is my first time all season I lost fan club members, and only 3 at that. Still waiting for a good youth pull, though!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.