BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hattrick

I did well with the YP last season, but this season has been a joke. Fired all but one or 2 pulls, and they weren't good enough to sell, but decent enough to make my squad.

Probably going to sell my first choice keeper next week. Got him up to excellent, and want to play my other one during the one match a week season, so might as well sell him to someone playing a qualifier. Probably might go out and buy a bunch of players during the beginning of the offseason, too. Time for upgrades at a few positions, methinks. I MUST win promotion next season.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question...

I had some good luck with the results this week, so I now sit in 3rd, no chance for 2nd, and 1 pt ahead of 4th (who plays the bottom team, when I play the 5th place team that I tied 0-0 in my first friendly). Staying in 3rd is worth a $10K US bonus more than 4th. I'm thinking about MOTS for the final match to ensure the win, and the $10K. I don't know all the risks/rewards, having never MOTS before.... TS is currently compsed.

MOTS increases your midfield level but you'll get halves your team spirit after the match. As team spirit (commonly known as ts) affects your mid. level a lot you'll probably play worse in the few matches afterwards. PIC is the oppisite, it decreases your midfield rating but raises team spirit by two levels afterwards. Ts moves towards the mid-point (level 4) if left alone and is reset at the end of the season. Therefore there is no real downside to MOTSing next weekend.

Btw Hattrix is a really useful site for things like this. It summarises the rules well and I found it really useful when I started.

As for when to sell and buy it's six to one and half a dozen to the other (if you're selling to buy). I prefer to sell and buy at the season's end as there's no ts hit and even though I won't fetch massively high prices I'll be able to buy players at lower prices.

Bought the following for 468K. I couldn't use transfer compare so was this a good deal or was it a ripoff. i bought him as a winger but he can pretty much play anywhere. The bad news is I'm down to second on goal difference and I will almost certainly not be able to retake top spot.

Alin Dumitrescu (48854095) [Add this player to your bookmarks]

22 years, inadequate form, healthy

A pleasant guy who is temperamental and upright.

Has wretched experience and solid leadership abilities.

Speciality: Unpredictable

Nationality: România

Total Skill Index (TSI): 2 410

Wage: 1 728 AU$/week including 20% Bonus

Owner: Supine Rovers

Warnings: 1

Stamina: inadequate Goaltending: disastrous

Playmaking: passable Passing: passable

Winger: solid Defending: passable

Scoring: weak Set Pieces: wretched Bought the

Just in a followup. I listed this player that i bought only three weeks ago, not because I wanted to get rid of him but because i thought i could make a fair profit on him and get something better. And i just snagged a bid for AU$900K on him biggrin.gif. Who overpaid now PG? (j/k)

Lost my last match 4-0.

But whi cares, still finished 4th.

Now is time to prepare next season.

I have 31 players in the squad. I'll sell 15 or more. Some are good but I have better for their positions...

need any player, pg?

Or Big A? You'll have a lot of money to spend!! wink.gif

Well my goals for this season were as follows:

1. Top 3 finish. ACCOMPLISHED. I finished third and it could have easily been first or second but for some bad luck towards the end of the season.

2. Stadium to 35000. ACCOMPLISHED. I actually took it up to 40000 and am still considering upping it to 50000. Is it worth it?

3. All trainees to formidable. ACCOMPLISHED. As of next training day all my trainees will be formidable with one at outstanding. To what level should i train them (strikers)?

4. One decent youth pull. (unbelievably) ACCOMPLISHED. Had an 18yo sell for AU$2.8M.

So all in all a really good season.

BTW How is this? In the second last game i had a team unexpectedly and pointlessly MOTS me leading to an unexpected loss. I was then level on points but with a better goal difference then the third placed team. The team playing the third placed team then messaged me and said they were throwing their match and that i should expect third place as a result. And THEN the team i was playing in the final round, which should have been a walkover, finally fielded a team for the first time in weeks! (i still beat them with my B team, saving my A-team for Okie). Coincidence or bad luck?

Bad luck to PG but let's face it, with a bit of PM training you will be back in III in no time (and I'll still support you in IV tongue.gif ). It was really the only area on the field that you weren't dominating the opposition. Congrats to Big A and Okie for their solid performances as well. How'd you go American?

Oh and how much does a Utopian keeper usually go for Big A?

I'm waiting for the results from tonight, but I'm looking at finishing thrid, when only taking the team over in week 11. I was hoping to sell a few trainees first, but since they are upping the staduim costs, I'm going to have to splah into debt a bit now to save the increased costs later....

but the winger trainees should be up to snuff for sale sometime about mid next season.

Good luck to all!

I'm waiting for the results from tonight, but I'm looking at finishing thrid, when only taking the team over in week 11. I was hoping to sell a few trainees first, but since they are upping the staduim costs, I'm going to have to splah into debt a bit now to save the increased costs later....

but the winger trainees should be up to snuff for sale sometime about mid next season.

Good luck to all!

They aren't JUST increasing the stadium costs they are doubling them next season and then doubling them AGAIN the season after (check the latest hattrick announcement. So I'm going to increase my stadium again. Fortunately I can afford this at the moment.

Okie: Players don't get trained twice if they play twice in training positions in the same week (or were you joking, i couldn't tell)

I was second no matter what, so I PICed this week. Got some cash now, as I sold my keeper and sold out the match, so I will probably upgrade my stadium this week. Should have a good shot at promotion next season. We'll also see how my youth pull solid keeper sells, if he does. If not, then I can train him up to excellent.

Just doubled my stadium capacity for $358k US. A little bit more than I need now, but I should finish top 2 next season, so the fan club will grow week by week. Lost this week, but it went up by 11 members (22 after the friendly).

Okie: Players don't get trained twice if they play twice in training positions in the same week (or were you joking, i couldn't tell)

Actually, I wasn't kidding, i was just confused.

After my final calculations, I'm going to sell 14 players and keep 17. I might put more for sale depending on the next youth pulls.

Unfortunately I don't really have the cash (training program hasn't had time to start producing yet!). I'm going to wait until just before the deadline to place my order for the increase (still working on the 7000K starter stadium, which I've almost sold out in my last home game in teh rain!) The arena cost will bring me right to about $0 in the bank... sigh.... But I'll have about a 17K stadium next season. no signing new players over the off season, and hope for some leaps and bounds in the trainees to get some cash in the coffers...

although It looks like I shoudl easily be able to finish 2nd next year, and the #1 team has autopromoated, the relegated team is a bot I think, and I think I'm better than the teams in 4th and 5th from this season...

I'm not sure how far I'll get in the cup. I could end up loosing to a VI side in the 4th round like last time or if I'm midtable in the league I could go for a long cup run and try and get to round 9 (round 8's the furthest I've ever got so far).

As for a Rovers cup last time someone suggested having two stages. If everyone except myself and pg were out by around round 6 they could play a first round and then with pg and myself joining the tournament later.

Edit: Just pulled an interesting youth:

Kevin Davies (53070704) [Add this player to your bookmarks]

18 years, passable form, healthy

I speak English!

A popular guy who is fiery and honest.

Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Speciality: Quick

Nationality: England

Total Skill Index (TSI): 20

Wage: 333 £/week

Owner: Claygate A.F.C.

Warnings: 0

Stamina: weak Goaltending: disastrous

Playmaking: wretched Passing: weak

Winger: wretched Defending: wretched

Scoring: poor Set Pieces: poor

No wonder he's rubbish!

Edited by Big A

But he has the quick specialty and we all know that Davies would struggle to outrun a rock. By the way congrats on getting the 3rd highest international transfer of the week BigA.

Oh and okie, next time put out your A squad. 11-0 is a bit humiliating smile.gif.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.