BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hattrick

Leftwinger Staying down is better. I'd only promote if I knew I could get at least fourth place in the next league. Otherwise all your fans will leave, you'll lose money because you can't get enough supporters to games, and you'll be relegated.

I'm going to win my league as well but I need to throw a game to make sure I don't get an auto-promotion spot.

Good luck later on today BigA.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leftwinger Staying down is better. I'd only promote if I knew I could get at least fourth place in the next league. Otherwise all your fans will leave, you'll lose money because you can't get enough supporters to games, and you'll be relegated.

I'm still top with two games to go. I'm trying to get enough points to win my league for the trophy, but not enough for automatic promotion. I'll just throw the play off match if I get there. Another great youth pull this weekend- TSI 30. Two of my midfielders moved up levels on Friday though, and I've just bought a Formidable defender- so things are looking up.

Randall,

It depends ont he waiting list and the amount of teams that come free...

When I joined it took 4-5 days and there wasn't ahuge waiting list (at it was about this time last "season"

There aren't many open teams left in england, but w/ a small waiting list, you should be in about that range I'd think...

Left Winger - I disagree.

As long as you think you have a chance of winning 3-4 games you should promote.

Aim to finish 6th, and then worry about the qualifier. If you are in a strong series, you just PIC against the strong teams, and MOTS the games you try and win to keep you up.

Never turn down an opportunity to promote. It may not come around again for a few seasons. By the sounds of it, you are quite lucky to win your series in any case.

You never know what may happen in your new series. Someone may give up meaning that you have a 'bot team. Another team may also get struck down with injuries.

Hattrick, like football, is best played one game at a time cool.gif

Edited by pg

PG can you check out my team and tell me whether you think I should promote. I have a shot at an auto-promotion spot if I can get enough goals over the next couple of games but in any case I have a decent shot at winning a qualifier.

Judging by your last line-up, you have a good all-round team.

But I would strengthen your midfield if you want to survive in a standard Div IV series.

Do you have any spare cash at the moment? What sorts of midfield ratings do you normally get?

pg - I'm just worried that I'll lose supporters if I get promoted and lose most weeks. I got just shy of 36,000 fans for my last game against a side bottom of the league- who've only just joined. Getting attendances like that- and slowly building my fan base and team at the bottom level would give me a better chance in future seasons. I'm pretty confident that I could get promotion in 2 seasons time if I stay down. Definitely a few players short at the moment.

I don't have as much experience as pg for sure... but from what I've been gathering from the conferences... no-one can really answer the question about the loss of supporter numbers because of the recent changes to the formulas.

There are stories right now of people promoting and gaining supporters in a higher div even after losing 3 in a row... With the new formula for supporters and attendance, it may not be a serious problem. And since I think I've seen things where the HTs have said they want to make it less appealing to throw promotion games etc... I think the formula changes would treat you better if you promote.

I have a feeling that if you are on the low end in terms of fan club size for your division, you'll be hard pressed to lose many supporters over the season. Sure you'll lose some when you lose games, but you should gain quite a few when you win games.... but like I said, this is a guess based on what I've been reading.

Edited by USRoverME

Randall,

It depends ont he waiting list and the amount of teams that come free...

When I joined it took 4-5 days and there wasn't ahuge waiting list (at it was about this time last "season"

There aren't many open teams left in england, but w/ a small waiting list, you should be in about that range I'd think...

Well i have been excepted.

I am RandallRover and my team is RandallRovers. I am playing my first game on the first day of May against a team top of my league. Dynamo Holloway and i have a feeling that i am going to lose this one.

Anybody got any bullet point type info that can help me out and maybe give me a better chance against them.

Please help, it only needs to be brief and anything will help. So help a fellow Rover, Please.

If ya need help its easiest to do in game.. feel free to HT mail me at any time....

my name is joehouse and I'm Wilderness Wanderers in the USA...

I'm fairly new myself, but I can help ya with the basics if you need smile.gif

first advice: read the rules all the way...

second advice: read the rules again smile.gif

third advice read sites like hottrick.org and http://www.databased.at/hattrick/index.asp

that's where I started from!

and good luck

Edited by USRoverME

www.hattrickorganizer.de

Gives a good java tool to tell you best positions and best lineups. Basically Defending: Defender, Playmaking: CM, Winger: Wing, Shooting (Scoring? I forget which): Forward. Passing is a secondary skill.

Hattrick Tips

This site is pretty good about training and how to get a decent training scheme going. Training really is the lifeblood of the game and the way to make money and improve.

Btw an english hattricker has been developing a cricket version now for some time. It launched this week at Battrick and is looking pretty good.

It all comes down to this. Big home match next week, I win, I make the playoffs, I lose or draw, my opponent does. Probably will do more research on how he plays and come up with a good strategy. Might have to CA. Great league this season, 4 of us within about 5 points of each other.

I'm in a similar position American. I'm #2 right now 2 pts behind the leader, and we square off at his place next week. Winner of the game takes 1st place in the league and has a good chance to taking an auto-promotion spot to div 5, depending on where the point line and GD line falls.

So I have to figure out how to beat a defense trainer playing 5-4-1, with a better MF (even though he always CAs) and a defense that pulls out solids in 2 of 3 locations on a routine basis. Luckily he usually pulls his extra CD from the same wing, and has the same weak side in his D. If anyone has some spare time and some advice to give, I'd appreciate it.

Match ID 36877110

Lost 4-3 in the 90th minute sad.gif

What's even worse is that my best player got injured - 6weeks out mad.gif

Still 5th, need 1 point to secure that position...

But, at least, now I have money to spend...

and next weekend, I'll sell 10 to 15 players... (I hope)

Btw an english hattricker has been developing a cricket version now for some time. It launched this week at Battrick and is looking pretty good.

I've applied for a team called Leyland CC. Have you got a team already? How long does it usually take to get a team? Think it looks a good idea- give me something to do other than hattrick at work smile.gif

So I have to figure out how to beat a defense trainer playing 5-4-1, with a better MF (even though he always CAs) and a defense that pulls out solids in 2 of 3 locations on a routine basis. Luckily he usually pulls his extra CD from the same wing, and has the same weak side in his D. If anyone has some spare time and some advice to give, I'd appreciate it.

Match ID 36877110

My guy has the same tactic. Read up a bit online and one site I found said to play 3 CMs and attack on the wings.

Since even with 3 strikers (where I'll have no formation exp) I cant match his central defence, I'm leaning towards 4-5-1 AOW, offensive winbacks, offensive wingers, and offensive IMs. I'm going to try and just lose MF, so that he doesn't get the advantage of CA, and then hope that I can score a chance or two from the wings, which I should be able to get to a point where my attack is only 1 full level rating below his defense.... we shall see.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.