BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hattrick

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought the following for 468K. I couldn't use transfer compare so was this a good deal or was it a ripoff. i bought him as a winger but he can pretty much play anywhere. The bad news is I'm down to second on goal difference and I will almost certainly not be able to retake top spot.

Alin Dumitrescu (48854095) [Add this player to your bookmarks]

22 years, inadequate form, healthy

A pleasant guy who is temperamental and upright.

Has wretched experience and solid leadership abilities.

Speciality: Unpredictable

Nationality: România

Total Skill Index (TSI): 2 410

Wage: 1 728 AU$/week including 20% Bonus

Owner: Supine Rovers

Warnings: 1

Stamina: inadequate Goaltending: disastrous

Playmaking: passable Passing: passable

Winger: solid Defending: passable

Scoring: weak Set Pieces: wretched Bought the

Thanks Oklahoma,

Just got assigned a team,

Wilderness Wanderers FC (223701)

in VI.227 of USA

No chance of promotion this year, so starting to train for next year and sell off the older dead wood.

Got a team with decent winger skill to start, so I'll be training wingers, when I start to sell, I'll let ya know...

good luck

First transfer listed:

Germán Carreón (50385208)

28 years, weak form, healthy

Nationality: USA

Total Skill Index (TSI): 930

Wage: 700 US$/week

Owner: Wilderness Wanderers FC

Warnings: 0

Stamina: weak Goaltending: wretched

Playmaking: weak Passing: passable

Winger: weak Defending: solid

Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: poor

I asked for a minimum bid of $50K US

Think I'll get it?

You should do. The passing skill will increase his value quite a bit I'd think.

Make sure you train young players as they improve faster and get a coach who's got decent coaching skill (passable+).

Is Hattrick working for you guys?

For me it isn't!! mad.gif

Anyway, I got a draw against the 2nd position team and I secured 4th place.

Now, i'll start planning the next season. I'm going to sell a lot of players, all of them will do the next 4 games.

The ones I want to keep won't play anymore this season. Who cares if I lose biggrin.gif

And I upgraded my stadium to 35000.

Good luck pg, I hope you pull through.

I'm currently in fourth after taking 10 points from 15 (I only took eight in the first half of the season!) which has seen me pull clear of the relegation battle. Will probably finish 5th but my team should be good enough to beat any IV sides coming up, especially at home.

Keep forgetting to look at how I did this weekend, but I'd be suprised if I don't finish second. Next season should finally be my shot at promotion. Was stuck in a tough division, plus had the guy who won this season not blown it at the end last season, I would have had a better chance.

My youth pulls have been terrible, though, despite my youth rating as excellent. Waiting to pull a half-decent keeper, so I can sell one.

My new team was in fourth when I took over (last division in US, so relegation isn't an issue). Unless the team behind me beats the top team, I'll be set in at least fourth, one 1 pt behind 3rd (the extra cash might be nice).

Looking forward to a friendly against American this week, although I'll be playing trainee wingers and wing backs, so I'll likely get mauled.

P.S. - speaking of bad youth pulls, what's the best way to get them off the roster, pay the fee to list them as a transfer and hope they sell, or fire them? and if they get fired right away, I read there is a TS penalty? Is it significant?

American and I played a friendly at his house.... ended 1-1 tie, I played a fair squad in the middle, with my winger trainees... Not sure how American felt about his squad, looking forward to a rematch, and then travelling to Oklahoma's pitch in the offseason! smile.gif

great game! thanks for helping me find it!

I drew 4-4, and I'm now in trouble.

I'm 5th on goal difference (+2), but the 6th team has a walk-over next week.

I play the top team next week, who will MOTS as a win will guarantee them auto-promotion.

The 7th team plays the 3rd at home, and having just come off the bye, will probably beat them.

I'm thinking about chucking it in now, selling off my midfielders and getting ready for life in Division IV again... and training up some superstar midfielders, as well as giving my wingers some PM training.

Bummer PG. I was watching that game and although the lead changed about 7 times i though you might have had him at 4-3. Still hope springs eternal and even if you do get relegated at least you will have the opportunity to train some middies and quit playing CA. How much cash do you have in the bank?

I had an unexpected loss this week and will be hoping that the third placed team can't win by 7 goals so i can hold onto 2nd spot (i have a walkover). I also stuffed my team lineups when i went to falls festival and one of my trainees missed training along with a middy getting injured that ruined my league lineup. Ah well, they say everyone screws up their lineup at least once.

Edited by samtheozzy

Yo Okie...if you can afford to take a few TS hits early on I'm pretty sure the start of the season is a better time to sell than the end. I too am planning a mass clear out, mainly of inner mids, second string defenders and wingers and am planning to sell at the start of the season.

I also just did a calculation of my youth squad investmend vs return. I have spent AU$1 496 000 (34 Weeks x (AU$40000 investment + AU$4000 promotion cost)). I have YP sales of AU$3 431 000 making a profit of just under 2 million dollars! I can't believe i once posted a rant against the YP system.

I find that season prices drop towards the end of the season. Its a great time to buy, not so great to sell.

But you can turn your whole squad over without worrying about the TS hit (because it gets reset at the start of a new season).

And for those of us who have to sell before we can buy, it really is the only option.

Note the prices will spike the week before a qualifier as teams look for that key player to save them from relegation/help them with promotion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.