BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hattrick

American: Form will affect the stars players get, as well as secondary skills etc.

As for feds there's loads out there. There's a BRFC one although it's not too active. Some people join feds for what they're training eg. Keeper Trainers fed and if you're new to a training scheme or something and want to talk to experienced pros then they're quite good.

There's a lot of general, friendly feds which are large and have all sorts of topics and people in them. Hattrick Anonymous is a big (mainly) English fed which I used to be a part of (The Hattrick College, Kraftworks Union and maybe The Alliance in Oceania are similar as well). There are a whole range of others (friendly cup feds, sports feds for example). Just join feds you think might be interesting and see whether you like them.

As for a BRFCS fed I'm not sure it'd work. We have a forum here and there's only three of us with supporter (you need five minimum in a fed).

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've found my weakness Sam, my strikers are crap. Hopefully the training will help. Got my first cup match next week. Guy is strong in the middle, but very weak on the wings.

Out there right now checking for solid players whenever I'm online at home. Probably will sell a bunch of my guys when the season starts, and people need second teamers more. There are some decent bargains out there, found a couple so far. I've been looking at recent matches to see how many stars the players are getting. Some solids who only get 2 stars.

Check out my team.

I have two for sale.

Just a quick heads up. The World Cup Final is tonight at 20:00 HT time and England face mighty Sweden. GM-PirateWolf has done great to get England this far but we're definitely underdogs this evening.

Come on England!

Wow. England's tactics seem bewildering. Don't get me wrong, I doubt there's anything England could have done to win that match as Sweden were on POE+++ TS. But 4-3-3 with no wings and three forwards?!? Their wing defence sucked and they were justly thrashed 6-1.

Credit must go to Oceania for losing to Sweden 3-2 and becoming the only team to put 2 goals past them. Plus we drew England 1-1 thus becoming the only non-European team in the final group stage. We only missed out on the semis on goal difference, not a bad effort for a newish league like ours...

Oceania have been around for a long time Sam, ever since I've been playing. Pirate did great to get us to the final and the 4-3-3 was him trying to strike a compromise between defence, attack and midfield after the MOTS against Finland in the semis.

C'mon BigA. England has twice as many users as Oceania. However you are right in that it was a great achievement by England to get that far considering Sweden has 4 times as many users as England. I'm just saying the tactics seemed a little odd. Still they were better than Finlands tactics in the Semi.

Got my cup match tonight. Opponent is really strong in the middle, but VERY weak on the wings (defensively, too). He plays a 4-4-2, so I'm probably going to go with a 3-5-2, with one midfielder playing defensively. Was thinking of attack on the wings, but worried it will open me up too much to his middle players.

Thinking about changing my training to keepers after my strikers have gone up. Was trying to buy a solid keeper last night (think it took me about 6 trys to finally get one at a decent price), and they seem to be selling pretty well. This would also give me some flexibility to change my formation to what the "experts" say would work best against my opponents tactics.

How did everyone else do in the first round of the cup?

Yikes AMerican. Don't buy trainees now! They are as expensive as they'll ever be in the first week of the season.

I PIC'd against a bot team and won 5-0. Played 3-4-3 with, shock-horror, only two inner mids and two wingers. One of my trainees copped an injury and he was due to pop to excellent this week.

Needed a better keeper for the season and I have a bunch of extra money left from my 2 youth pulls. I've been going on whenever I'm home and just seeing if there are any good players available. Found lots of good ones, but I'm pretty firm in my budget for each, so have only bought a few in the offseason, all solid and under $200,000 US.

Got my cup match tonight. Opponent is really strong in the middle, but VERY weak on the wings (defensively, too). He plays a 4-4-2, so I'm probably going to go with a 3-5-2, with one midfielder playing defensively. Was thinking of attack on the wings, but worried it will open me up too much to his middle players.

If he has a strong central attack, don't play AOW as he'll take advantage of your weakened central defence. Do play two offensive wingers though.

Two signs of a bot team:

1. The club will not have an owner listed on the club page. Definitie bot team.

2. The club will have an owner listed but the owner has abondoned the team (by not logging in). You can check this by clicking on the "More details about owner" link under the owner information then click on the "5 latest logins" link. if the user hasn't logged in for that week they will run with the same line-up as last week so you should know exactly what you will be facing.

Thats a pretty good looking midfield you have there Biscuit and your strikers aren't too bad for a VI team either. Your defence is pretty poor though but I doubt that'll matter with such a strong midfield. I love my defensive trainer, since I'm training scoring it really helps balance out my team and I tend to get 2.5-3 stars across the board.

Edited by samtheozzy

I'm having a hard time determing how big my stadium needs to be.

I have 697 members in my supporters club and my fans are "satisfied".

My team is called the Exploding Dumpsters and my ID# is 222781 if you're interested in checking my stuff out.

Have a look at this page:

Hattrix Arena Sizer.

It will give you the number of seats etc. you need to add. I'd go for the biggest recommended size as it will give room for fanclub growth.

Spent the last of my cash on an excellent playmaker with solid stamina. After selling a few of my lesser players, if I get no higher bids by tonight, I'll be $9 in the black. Playing the guy who finished one spot in front of me last season, and if our cup matches are any indication, I should run over him in midfield, especially with my new guy. Have a few injuries, but should still be in good shape to make a run at it this season. Just afraid that the second place from last season is too good for the rest of us. His for/against was something like 76-18.

I PIC'd my first match and won 0-3 which i was pretty stoked about. I face a nearly impossible task in a cup match on Wednesday but at least my midfield will look alright thanks to my TS. I trained stamina in the final week of the break and had 15 players go down in form but 13 up in stamina.

Won my first match 0-3, against the guy who finished one spot above me last season. Midfield is strong, just need to get another winger, and get a couple more players back from injury. Need a good youth pull first, to raise some funds.

I'm certain that I could easily win my division, but ... would it be a little more wise to throw a few games and spend a few more seasons (I'm in the lowest division possible) developing my team before I start trying to CLIMB the ladder?

I know that sounds scummy, but it seems to be the most strategically sound thing to do.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.