BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hattrick

Yo guys....little advice please. My passable keeper just sustained a 7 week injury and my backup is an inadequate one. I have since purchased a solid keeper (because it was an improvement i was planning on doing soon anyway) but i don't really want to pay the salary of 3 keepers. Which keeper should i get rid of; the inadequate one, who will go for almost nothing, or the passable keeper, who will go for a severely reduced price because of his injury.

If you need something to tip the balance the passable keeper is one of the foundation members of my squad consequentially i have a sentimental attachment for him.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd try listing the passable keeper at normal value and hope he sells anyway, there'll always be a few people who will bid. Inadequates will sell for virtually nothing anyway and their wage is cheaper so I'd try and get what you can for the passable.

I listed him at AU$99K It's a bit less than a passable keeper in solid form with passable set pieces would normally go for but it should encourage bidding.

EDIT: I ended up getting AU$52K for him which wasn't too bad considering he had the second highest wages and was still out for another 6 weeks.

Edited by samtheozzy

Holy cow what a dull match. 3 events in the first half and none(!) in the second. No wonder crowds are down smile.gif. I'm also looking for a home and away international friendly. (team id =417804)

12590 spectators had come to AFC Resolution Arena this cloudy day. Resolution started off with a 5-4-1 lineup. They fielded: Pons - Christensen, Williams, Glover, Liberman, Nails - Williams, Mousing, Sunesson, Taylor - Curnow.

Supine had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. They fielded: Wharerau - Curry, Aujla, Martens - Mackenzie, Lawrance, Elizondo, Sarumara - Martin, Noisternig, Bradley.

Chris Lawrance of Supine received a yellow card in the 3rd minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Resolution´s Chris Glover got himself booked. After 19 minutes Supines Dante Martin made his way through the middle, putting the visitors up 0 - 1. 0 - 1 was the half-time score. Resolution, bringing the final ball possession rate to 58 percent, dominated the battle.

The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Resolution, with an impressive 61 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Resolution player was without a doubt Dominic Nails. Robbie Williams was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Supine player was without a doubt Billy Curry. Chris Lawrance on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 1.

American you lucky @#/?. Although my 17yo passable did pop to solid after one week smile.gif.

People. A little advice please (especially BigA and PG). I face the top team this week and he's only two points above me. The following week i play the fourth-placed team. Should i MoTS this week. If i don't i reckon i'm maybe 50-50 for the win. If i do i face a dangerous game the following week. My TS is at irritated (and has been for most of the season).

My opponent has bot teams for the next two weeks and my worry is that he'll MoTS this match.

Hi Sam. The fourth placed team seems to play CA every game and has a very weak attack. You should be able to have a chance of beating him imo.

The problem is that irritated is very low already and your ts will be hideous the following week. I think I'd normal both games and hope the first guy doesn't MOTS.

Sam, i would probably play MotS. I did that last season when I had a game against the top team (I was third). It was my last chance to get to first.

See how the 4th is doing. If his team moral is down, maybe you can take advantage of that.

I usually play it calmly (jogar com calma in portuguese).

I won 0-9 and i saw the results of good team stamina. I scored 4 goals in the last 10 minutes.

Thanks for the advice BigA and Okie. I dare say i'll end up playing both matches normal. I pretty much have second spot wrapped up as it is as i still have two matches against bot teams. As BigA said the fourth team always plays counterattacking but my defence tends to get 3 stars most game and is definitely stronger than his attack. The fourth place team is new and i'm not sure he really understands what he's doing tactically, even if he has some *really* good original players. The match against the top team could go either way, although hopefully my three solid 17yo strikers can make the difference.

EDIT: Typical, my TS goes up to content for the first time since i switched to scoring training and my new player (sympathetic) causes it to drop to irritated again.

Edited by samtheozzy

GODAMMIT!!!!! So close! And to add insult to injury i had another yp with a TSI of 10 (and that was because he had weak stamina). It leaves me trailing by 2 points with both of us taking on muppets for the rest of the season. Ahh well. Hopefully he will promote and I will win it next year.

15500 spectators arrived at Supine Rovers Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Supine had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. They fielded: Wharerau - Curry, Aujla, Martens - Mackenzie, Lawrance, Elizondo, Sarumara - Martin, Graziano, Bradley.

PinkSnitch had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Kois - Bathgate, Ribilla, Wills - Johnstone, Dalerberg, Delahaigue, Walker, Schupan - Buckby, Faka’osifolau.

PinkSnitch clearly preferred attacks in the middle. Many thought Felix Bradley ought to have been awarded a penalty shot in the 8:th minute, as he went down trying to circle the visitors keeper Argirios Kois. Chris Lawrance still has a lot to learn. For instance not to make half-hearted passes in front of Pontus Dalerberg who scored for PinkSnitch to make it 0-1. Due to some great work on the right wing Supine:s Dante Martin was able to even the score in the 23rd minute to 1 - 1. Chris Lawrance gave his Supine the lead with 2 - 1, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. In the games 26:th minute the visitors levelled to 2 - 2 as Don Buckby struck home on a bar rebound, following a shot from the right. The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 2. PinkSnitch held the ball, with a clear 57 percent possession rate.

PinkSnitch had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 50:th minute when Antoine Delahaigue came up alone against Kirby Wharerau who managed a block. Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 54:th minute goal by Kihiko Sarumara for Supine, putting them ahead 3 - 2. Don Buckby came close to levelling the score in the 63rd minute, as he was set up with a through ball coming in from the left, but his shot hit the post. PinkSnitch levelled the score in the 73rd minute at 3 - 3, as Pontus Dalerberg struck home after a fine midfield combination, leaving him completely unmarked. PinkSnitch held the ball, with a clear 60 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Supine player was without a doubt Billy Curry. Juan Jesús Graziano on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating PinkSnitch player was without a doubt José María Ribilla. Ole Schupan was a disappointment, however. The match ends 3 - 3.

What a shame, Sam!! It was really close.

I won 7-0 and have my biggest match next week. I'm first and i'm going to play the second position team. I have 3 points more than him. I won all games... and now it's time for match of the season!!

A tie would be good enough.

Yikes Okie...you will be up in V for sure! But surely you need a bigger stadium. I mean mine is 3500 seats bigger than yours and i only have 654 supporters.

A plus side from the above result is that it's the first time i reached 30 stars which pretty much would have won the match against any other VI opponent.

Won another one, now in third. Play the closest to me in abilities next week (the one I just jumped into third). Should be a good test, but my counter-attacking seems to be working fairly well. Next season should be interesting, as there is one guy who is tied for first, but will lose out on promotion due to differential, and the other 2 of us who are pretty good. Hopefully one of the 2 will switch divisions.

Another decent youth pull this week, but a winger, which is my strongest position, so I put him up for sale.

I WON!!!! rover.gif

I beat my biggest rival 2-5. Excelent game from my stikers.

Current classification:

games goals points

1. Buckley FC 12 59 - 10 36

2. Benenosos GT 12 56 - 16 30

3. Snowboard Team 12 30 - 22 22

4. PingaBolas 12 25 - 38 18

5. Iberico F.C 12 20 - 27 14

6. MILAN XXI 12 28 - 33 13

7. |KK| Team 12 8 - 43 5

8. dragonflys 12 6 - 43 3

P.S.: I have a lot of players for sale. some are ok. Check my team. (83278).

YES! YES! YES! Pinksnitch (leader of my div) lost to the second bottom team and i pumped the fourth-placed team 4-1 so i just took the lead. And my final two matches are against the last and third-last teams! Looks like I will be joining Okie in the push for promotion.

1. Supine Rovers 12 31 - 11 26

2. PinkSnitch 12 22 - 7 25

3. AFC Resolution 12 15 - 5 19

4. Woonona Wednesday 12 26 - 22 19

5. Trakyaspor SK 12 19 - 24 18

6. Geelong United 12 11 - 22 11

7. Beaconsfield Bomber 12 14 - 32 11

8. Inter Lezzos 12 9 - 24 6

user posted image

Edited by samtheozzy

Joel Graça (25144853)

30 anos, inadequate estado de forma, healthy

É uma sympathetic guy, temperamental e infamous.

Tem um inadequate nível de experiência e é um weak líder.

Nacionalidade: Portugal

TSI: 450

Wage: 560 €/week

Owner: Buckley FC

Warnings: 0

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: disastrous

Playmaking: passable Passing: poor

Winger: poor Defending: inadequate

Scoring: weak Set Pieces: poor

For sale at 20000€

José Nicolas (27846367)

19 anos, weak estado de forma, healthy

É uma controversial person, temperamental e dishonest.

Tem um wretched nível de experiência e é um disastrous líder.

Nacionalidade: België

TSI: 200

Wage: 669 €/week incluindo um bónus de 20%

Warnings: 1

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: disastrous

Playmaking: wretched Passing: poor

Winger: passable Defending: weak

Scoring: poor Set Pieces: inadequate

For sale at 4000€

Anselmo Noronha (39322561)

19 anos, inadequate estado de forma, healthy

É uma nasty fellow, calm e honest.

Tem um disastrous nível de experiência e é um weak líder.

Nacionalidade: Portugal

TSI: 110

Wage: 500 €/week

Warnings: 0

Stamina: disastrous Goaltending: disastrous

Playmaking: passable Passing: weak

Winger: poor Defending: wretched

Scoring: poor Set Pieces: wretched

For sale at 5500€

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.