SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hattrick

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure.

But now i'm having friendlies with American.

I can only play against you in two weeks time.

Okay thanks for letting me know, look foward to playin you in 2 weeks time, best of luck against Americian

got another good youth pull this week. Good enough to put him in central midfield in an important league game. Has a TSI of 380, and pretty well rated by hattrick organizer.

I'm doing great in my league i'm top 4 games, and i've got a ace striker here's is stats:

Germano Maggioni (17381900)

21 years, solid form, healthy

A sympathetic guy who is balanced and dishonest.

Has wretched experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Speciality: Powerful

Nationality: Italia

Total Skill Index (TSI): 700 (46 667 £)

Wage: 514 £/week including 20% Bonus

Owner: Creme Eggs

Warnings: 0

Stamina: Excellent, Goaltending: Disastrous , Playmaking: Wretched , Passing: Poor , Winger: Poor , Defending: Weak, Scoring: Solid , Set Pieces: Poor

Career Goals: 23

Career Hattricks: 1

League goals this season: 9

Cup goals this season: 0

What do you think then guys, i reckon he's gonna be my striker for many months to come.

Edited by grizfoot

Looks pretty good there Griz. This is my striker (i play a 5-4-1 usually so i need someone sharp up front).

Francis Phipps

TSI = 1 000 (200 000 AU$) , 28 years, passable form

Has poor experience and wretched leadership abilities

Stamina: excellent Keeper: wretched

Playmaking: inadequate Passing: disastrous

Winger: poor Defending: poor

Scoring: solid Set Pieces: solid

I bought him because i urgently needed someone to take my free kicks as well as score goals. He's getting on in years but i still say he was a good buy. 4 goals in four games so far, although bizarrely my Centre back is the lead scorer for the conference with 5.

If i can't get myself out of debt by the end of this season i'm going to abandon my team and start again. I wasted waaaay too much money early on buying players that i didn't need and selling good players for too little. On the plus side I have 6 trainees that should be worth a heap, including some quality wing-backs. I just wish i had trained keepers when i first started out to help build up a bank-roll quickly.

My best stricker:

Simão Gouveia (23052055)

28 anos, passable estado de forma, healthy

É uma controversial person, calm e dishonest.

Tem um poor nível de experiência e é um inadequate líder.

Speciality: Powerful

Nacionalidade: Portugal

TSI: 1 720 (172 000 €)

Wage: 765 €/week

Owner: Buckley FC

Warnings: 1

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: disastrous

Playmaking: solid Passing: wretched

Winger: inadequate Defending: wretched

Scoring: solid Set Pieces: disastrous

Career Goals: 25

Career Hattricks: 5

League goals this season: 7

Cup goals this season: 1

I have one midfielder responsible for set pieces.

My best striker!

Mauricio Castro (15984906)

21 years, passable form, healthy

A controversial person who is temperamental and dishonest.

Has wretched experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Speciality: Head

Nationality: Argentina

Total Skill Index (TSI): 1 450 (96 667 £)

Wage: 681 £/week including 20% Bonus

Owner: Keane Town

Warnings: 1

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: disastrous

Playmaking: poor Passing: wretched

Winger: weak Defending: weak

Scoring: excellent Set Pieces: weak

Career Goals: 18

Career Hattricks: 1

League goals this season: 4

Cup goals this season: 0

OK, my season is pretty much over at this point. The best thing I can hope for is to train players and build for next season. No problems, as I'm not skint and was going for a slow steady climb anyhow. My question: My defense has been crap. Should I go for training defenders and play a 5-4-1? If that is the case, should I use my younger non-defenders and train them to make them into decent defenders? Right now my strongest position is wing. Maybe I should take 4 of my younger wingers and play them as wingbacks? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I had that problem with defence last year.

Some injuries and i didn't had enough defenders.

So I trained defence the whole season and they got better. And the youth squad provived me with some more good defenders.

No i have some quality defenders and only have to worry about midfield.

I suggest you do that what you suggested.

OK, my season is pretty much over at this point. The best thing I can hope for is to train players and build for next season. No problems, as I'm not skint and was going for a slow steady climb anyhow. My question: My defense has been crap. Should I go for training defenders and play a 5-4-1? If that is the case, should I use my younger non-defenders and train them to make them into decent defenders? Right now my strongest position is wing. Maybe I should take 4 of my younger wingers and play them as wingbacks? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hey American. As someone who is training Defending i feel i should offer a bit of advice. Training defending is sloooow. You really need to start with 17yo trainees and nothing older. My first batch of trainees included 1 17yo and the rest were 18. My 17yo trainee is now head and shoulders above the rest of the group because he was able to train up quickly when the rest were just plodding along. Defending is a long-term training solution, I can't really see how it will benefit you overly in the short term. And unless your wingers are young, training them in defending is going to take forever.

With that said my defence is freakin' rock solid (as you would expect from someone training defenders) but ihave had to buy good players for the midfield and forwards. I imagine that you will probably have to do the same for your defence. If you don't limit yourself to young (under 21) players, like you have suggested you do in previous posts, you shouldn't have to break the bank to pick up a couple of solid defenders. Don't forget that passing is an important secondary skill for central defenders (especially if you are going to play an offensive central defender). I can thoroughly recommend the south american area(and to a lesser extent the North American and Oceanian/African areas) for bargains as their transfers tend to end when the european countries are sleeping.

EDIT: Oh yeah i forgot to mention that i am 3 points clear in my league after drawing 2-2 with the second team. My league has 2 Hattrick supporters, 2 regular power-players and 3 bots. Is this an easy/normal/hard league?

Edited by samtheozzy

I've given up on this season and am looking for long-term. Don't mind languishing this low for a little while as long as I keep improving. There are at least 4 second year teams that have almost all 3 star players and higher, while I only have a couple that high. Right now my wingers and forwards are pretty solid, but I've been letting in too many goals. Doesn't help that 3 of my first 4 were against the strong teams. At least it showed me that I really don't have a shot this season, as I got blown out in 2 of them and drew with the other. My defenders really aren't too bad, just my opponents are pretty unstoppable. I'm figuring that I will train as many as possible with defending and sell a couple on in the offseason to build for a big run next season. Right now I'm happy with my wingers (have 2 great ones, one of whom is injured) and my strikers. My midfield is decent, and even my worst midfielder scores a lot of goals (but apparently does little else).

I've been looking at transfer prices lately and it seems good defenders are going for a premium. Going with some of my wingers skills already, I figure adding the defense to them and making them wingbacks should increase their value.

With all that in mind, does it sound like a decent long-term solution?

(Oh, and right now, most of my team is young, and I have 3 trainable 17 year olds and a bunch of other already decent 18 and 19 year olds, plus my youth system is now at passable and giving me a good player every couple weeks.)

OK, early second half, down 0-1 to Oklahoma. I was thinking more of this and I seem to be blowing it late in the game. If he pours on a bunch late, then I'm thinking I might want to switch my training to stamina.

American. You should have trained stamina in the off-season. I raised my entire first-teams stamina to excellent after only two weeks training. But hey if you have already written of this season...

Do any of you guys use Hattrick manager software. I have installed the freeware organisers Hattrick Buddy (HB), Hattrick OK(HOK) and Hattrick Organizer (HO) and have found a couple of issues. HB is the slickest and nicest to work with but doesn't have the lineup tool (absolutely necessary) that HO and HOK have. HO is very cool but is written in Java so it's a bit slower and doesn't integrate as well as the other two. Still i would have tosay that it's my favourite. HOK was the first program i used but it has a horrendously ugly and out-dated interface. Also the lineup tools for HO and HOK give me differing advice. For example HO says that my inner-midfielder is best played as defensive while HOk says he is best played as normal. HO seems to be the most up-to-date so i place more weight on its advice than HOK. Anyone else have words of wisdom in this area?

I've been using HO for a while (it's java, so works on my Mac). Like the lineup stuff, but especially like that it tells you how good everyone is at every position. That way when I want to juggle my friendly lineup for positions and training purposes, I don't necessarily lose too too much. My only complaint is too many updates, seems like I'm downloading a new version every week.

Oh, and I lost 0-4, had a man sent off.

I have used HAM since 2002.

You do have to pay for it now, but its an awesome program.

samtheozzy - passing only affects a defender's Counter-Attack skill. If you play a offensive central defender, he needs playmaking, not passing.

I made a HUGE boo-boo and listed my supernatural winger for 1.1 million instead of 11 million withstupid.gif

If he goes for a lot less than market value, I'm in deep doo-doo as I won't have the funds to buy a magnificent keeper.

He went for 10.5 million, so it the scheme of things thats pretty good.

I'm PIC'ing my league game today. He's a strong opponent and I doubt I could beat him.

But I'm probably going to MOTS in the cup mid-week.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.