BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hattrick

Pretty sure you can only have a total of 10 assistant coaches (including goalkeeping coaches) before tension is caused. Unless you're training keepers most people have 9 assistant coaches and 1 goalkeeping coach.

Speaking of tension i received the following message:

A newly bought player got a really bad start when he arrived in the club. The team spirit fell when he initially turned out not to get along very well with the other ones.

Is this likely to be an ongoing problem, that is am i going to lose TS every week, or is it just a once off hit. Also is it caused by having too many players?

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, if you have more than 10, you might not get training for the week.

I think the tension caused is probably by the personality of the player. I've had that happen a couple of times.

TS drops are due in your case to the personality of your incoming player.

If you buy and sell to frequenctyl, TS also drops due to players worrying about their futures.

Sam - 3-4-3 with one winger played as an extra forward is the way to go. Shift a centre-back into midfield to ensure you are still playing with three inner midfielders.

You can occasionally play with three strikers and two wingers, but only if your opponent has a very weak midfield. Doing this is a good option against 5-4-1/5-3-2 teams who CA.

4-3-3 is a good CA strategy.

sam - it depends on how good your opponents attack is.

If you opponent has no attack, then you can even play with offensive wingbacks if they have passable wing skill.

Generally you sacrifice one level of defence for one additional level of wing attack depending on the postioning of your wing backs.

Watch me next week, I'm playing a guy with a mega defence, so I will pay 3-5-2 attack on wings with offensive wingbacks.

hmmmm.....my two wingback do both have passable wing skills...But 3-4-3 is probably offensive enough anyway. Once i have trained my strikers up enough (couple of seasons at least) i'll sell 4 of them and switch to 3-5-2. Strikers seem to be at a premium at the moment. I'm about to make a 100% profit on my 28 year old striker whom i have had for less than a season (bought at 158K, current bid is 310K).

Any advice on searching for a clown (Popular, solid leadership)? I've followed the hottrick guide's advice but the single clown that I found was bid up to AU$100000 in a matter of seconds. I aready have a player with solid leadership (and pleasant) and i was wondering whether a clown would still be effective. I came across a semi-clown (sympathetic, solid) which i could have bought for 2K but for some reason i passed on the deal. I think that was a mistake...

Clowns in my experience provide a minimal boost to ts (if any) and coach leadership is far more important in my experience. I wouldn't bother with one until you can spare the money easily. A clown only works if he has the highest leadership, at the moment with your pleasant/solid already in the squad you have no way of telling if a clown would become your team leader. I wouldn't bother atm.

Semi-clowns are useless.

But I've found that clowns do help with maintaining team spirt.

And coach leadership seems to be quite important during mtaches... often your team will show 'good fighting spirit' and manage to come from behind in games.

Nutted out my first 3-4-3 victory on the weekend (2-0 over a human team) so i was pretty happy. My six 17yo passable strikers cost me AU$90K all up but i received AU$310K for the sale of my 28yo solid striker (sold him to a guy who had started playing hattrick that day biggrin.gif). I still have three passable defending, passable winger players that i'm not sure i need, at least not all of them. Given the price i got from the sale of a previous passable defending, passable winger (AU$183K) player i'm thinking i should sell 2 of them and get me another solid defender.

Velvet, a bunch of us posted some helpful hints regarding starting out in hattrick for Eddie. Unfortunately Eddie's concentration span is as long as his average post and, although he has probably received a team by now, i doubt he's actively managing it. Still you may want to browse through this thread as there is some good advice for beginners.

For the record I had to wait ~1 week to get a team.

Velvet, a bunch of us posted some helpful hints regarding starting out in hattrick for Eddie. Unfortunately Eddie's concentration span is as long as his average post and, although he has probably received a team by now, i doubt he's actively managing it. Still you may want to browse through this thread as there is some good advice for beginners.

Ok thanks a lot smile.gif If I need help Oklahoma can help me too wink.gif

For the record I had to wait ~1 week to get a team.

eek blink.gif I hope mine arrives soon unsure.gif

Why you should invest the max in your youth squad (tonight's youth pull):

Ryan Pulliam (39018531)

17 years, passable form, healthy

A sympathetic guy who is calm and upright.

Has disastrous experience and wretched leadership abilities.

Nationality: USA

Total Skill Index (TSI):  1 320

Wage: 747 US$/week

Stamina:   poor  Goaltending:   disastrous 

Playmaking:   passable  Passing:   poor 

Winger:   poor  Defending:   excellent 

Scoring:   inadequate  Set Pieces:   poor

Could make a fortune with the guy if I decide to sell him. Also tempted to go back to training wingers to build up his winger skill, since his defending can't get higher (it can't right?).

Unless you are a dedicated defender trainer, sell him.

His initial wing value is too low to be of decent use. Over time you may get him to a excellent wing/excellent defence, but it would take so long that it would essentially be worthless.

Sadly i also experienced my best ever youth pull:

Felix Bradley (38976017)

17 years, passable form

A controversial person who is balanced and upright.

Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities.

Nationality: Oceania

Total Skill Index (TSI): 570

Wage: 1 181 AU$/week

Owner: Supine Rovers

Warnings: (this information is not available while matches are in progress)

Stamina: poor Goaltending: disastrous

Playmaking: weak Passing: weak

Winger: weak Defending: wretched

Scoring: passable Set Pieces: inadequate

Still i am training scoring and he has better secondaries than some of my other trainees so i reckon i'll keep him. Also check out this match:

Beaconsfield Bombers - Supine Rovers 0 - 5

View game: HT Live

Date: 15/08/2004 at 04.00

MatchID: 20760117

Arena: Beaconsfield Bombers Arena

Crowd: 6949

Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 6949 to Beaconsfield Bombers Arena. Beaconsfield had chosen a strategic 0-0-0 formation. The following players had been chosen: - - - .

Supine had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. Lineup: Lane - Martens, Aujla, Curry - Lawrance, Elizondo, Sarumara, Barlagen - Martin, Graziano, Nold.

The home side had to concede to a walkover since they had failed to produce a squad of at least 9 players. The match ends 0 - 5.

Worst bit is i didn't PIC the match because i played the guy last week in the league so i just assumed that he would put out a team this week. Still i checked on the oceania conferences and my players still get training so no real harm done.

What can you do to improve the form of players, and what makes it slip in the first place? I have 2 IMs and a winger that i really need for my first team but they have poor or worse form at the moment and only get 1 star at the max in friendlies. Is this something that will resolve itself over time or is there something i can do (apart from training general).

Edited by samtheozzy

Sam form is affected by these things:

How hard you train (intensity of training)

How good your coach is

How many assistant coaches you use (and how many goalkeeping coaches you use for keepers)

If a player has participated in a match during the week. This is very important!

A random factor

Higher training intensity and coach skill can help form but overall you just need to sit and pray!

How are your finances now btw? Can you manage a return trip to England next week?

I'll be up for a challenge as well, if anyone wants. Post on here what your team name is if you decide to challenge me (my # is somewhere further up on here). Got luck this week, was about to go a thousand or so into debt, but found a guy who has the same name as my 17yo midfielder (TSI of 450), so offered me $100,000 for him! Have been doing pretty well week to week, about break even over a 2 week period, so that should put me in good shape for the next couple months. Will do a home and home, but would prefer to do the first match at my place, as I've been travelling a lot the last few weeks.

Yeah i'll challenge you tomorrow BigA. Although i am only about $10K in the black at the moment one of my 17yo trainees popped to solid scoring after only a week (gotta love it) so i have a get out of jail card if things go bad. Plus i have a home game this week although that doesn't seem to help at the moment. In any case i can afford the travel smile.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.