BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hattrick

American:

The way to tell if you're losing out on stamina is if you have big decrease in second half possesion.

Imo you don't need young guys outside the position you train. Any guys that are solid and 18 I'd sell, you can make some decent money (if they're passable you might as well keep 'em unless they're 17, you won't make much). If you want to concentrate on training play five at the back each game and try to buy 17yo passables (you can pick them up for around £10K/$15K, inadequate 17yos and passable 18yos should be even less).

These should be nearing solid at the end of the season.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, for a lower division you are often better off hunting down some veterans (ie over 30) with great experience, especially defenders (assuming you aren't training it).

They are often quite cheap compared to a 25 year old, and although their skills are decreasing, their high experience counters this.

And you cover yourself against low experience event goals... such as 'due to a misunderstanding between the goalie and full-backs'.

Does anyone want a challenge this week just post your team id and i'll set-up a match.

Thanks

Grizzy  cool.gif

Want to play?

Here is my ID: Buckley FC (83278)

sorry i'm playin ChesterRover this week maybe a other time

417804 <===== Challenge me if you are an Oceania team. I simply cannot afford an international friendly at the moment unless you play at my arena but i cannot return the favour.

By the way check out this match!:

The crowd of 3544 turning up at Villan Park today were greeted by some nasty showers of rain. Wednesday tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. They fielded: Szejnfeld - Mallon, Roffers, Dillenbeck, Thomas - Busby, Flinders, Kaul-Seidman, Mawby - Tsigkounidis, Festile.

Supine had chosen a strategic 5-4-1 formation. Lineup: Lane - Barlagen, Aujla, Curry, Brandes, Schaffhauser - Martens, Elizondo, Sarumara, Mackenzie - Phipps.

Wednesday clearly had decided to counter-attack when they could, using their talent for it. Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of Supine. Chanan Brandes received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 11th minute and almost caused an opponent to score. Lindsey Mawby was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Yiorgis Tsigkounidis managed to kick one of them into 1 - 0 in the 20:th minute. An equalising goal was close at hand as Francis Phipps clipped a free kick just wide of the goal. After 29 minutes Supine´s Francis Phipps contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. With 33 minutes played the visitors almost levelled the score. Francis Phipps shot a hard curved free kick, striking the post. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 0. Supine, bringing the final ball possession rate to 60 percent, dominated the battle.

In the 77:th minute Wednesdays Gustavo Kaul-Seidman received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Supine were forced to a substitution as Rangi Aujla couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Luis de Foixá to come in from the sidelines. With 79 minutes played the visitors almost levelled the score. Francis Phipps shot a hard curved free kick, striking the post. Man, what a shot by Lindsey Mawby! Firing from 35 yards he didn't give the enemy goalie a chance and it was 2 - 0. Wednesday almost scored after a counterattack 85 minutes into the match, but Logan Thomas took a shot from the left that landed harmlessly in the side of the net. Supine, bringing the final ball possession rate to 64 percent, dominated the battle.

Bloody Phipps, my striker, missed so many shots. I murdered the opposition in posession, my team had 27.5 stars to their 20 but i still couldn't win the damn game. And to rub salt into the wounds they injurerd my best defender! 2 losses and a draw on the trot....

Sam - your striker's chances were all set-piece events.

You had no chances from 'open play'. I'm guessing playing a 5-4-1 that your attack ratings were a lot lower than your opponents defensive ones.

Yeah the hell with training defenders. Even with the changes made recently Hattrick is still massively biased towards midfield trainers. 5-4-1 simply does not have enough attacking potential and if you play 5-3-2 you have pretty much resigned yourself to only having ~20% posession for the entire game. I reckon i'm gonna sell off my players and start from scratch. Is training strikers any easier? I just wanna be different...

Thanks bigA but i've had a gutful of low posession, low scoring opportunities, and slow training. I'm changing things, keeping my best defenders and selling the rest. This time i'll buy a heap of 17 year olds and do things right.

Just remember Sam, go for the slow progression and that should pay off better. I don't expect to go up for another season or two, at least, but I am slowly building my club with good younger players whom I can train and either sell on, or use effectively.

Have back to back matches coming up with #2 in the conference, and don't want to get killed and have my support go back down. What is the best formation to use against 3-5-2? His forwards are only 2* while his midfield and central defense are 3*.

Just remember Sam, go for the slow progression and that should pay off better. I don't expect to go up for another season or two, at least, but I am slowly building my club with good younger players whom I can train and either sell on, or use effectively.

Have back to back matches coming up with #2 in the conference, and don't want to get killed and have my support go back down. What is the best formation to use against 3-5-2? His forwards are only 2* while his midfield and central defense are 3*.

In all honesty my trainees were simply too old or not good enough to begin with. I needed to start again anyway.

Griz: Changing tactics means (at least in the context i said) changing training and formation. Formation is changed in the match menus for each individual match. EG if you want to switch to 3-5-2 you would change one of your defenders to an extra central midfielder. Training is changed in the training menu. Actual tactics (like counter-attacking, pressing etc) are also in the match menu and are changed for each individual match (down the bottom of the screen).

Sam - what Counter-Attack ratings do you get?!?!

Perhaps try training passing, and play several of your defenders as midfielders/forwards in friendlies?!

Good use of the counter-attack has made me the Series III Powerhouse I am today laugh.gif

But in order for it to work, you'll have to have decent wingers/strikers.

I play 4-5-1 Counter-Attack and it works very well.

You may find that 5-4-1 is good for cup games and friendlies, but for you to actually win a game, you will need to play 4-5-1 CA.

I trained defence for about three seasons, and I played 3-5-2, 4-4-2 in league/cup games and 5-4-1 in friendlies.

Its always a compromise between what formation will give you the best chance of winning, versus that which maximises the long-term training aspects.

YES! My hattrick team is saved (for now at least)! I listed my striker (details below) at AU$300 000 and someone just made a bid on him. Plus there's still 2 days left on the transfer. I have many other over-priced players for sale as well if you are interested

Francis Phipps (27951730)

28 years, inadequate form, bruised, but playing

A controversial person who is calm and upright.

Has weak experience and wretched leadership abilities.

Nationality: USA

Total Skill Index (TSI): 960

Wage: 1 792 AU$/week including 20% Bonus

Owner: Supine Rovers

Warnings: 0

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: wretched

Playmaking: inadequate Passing: disastrous

Winger: poor Defending: poor

Scoring: solid Set Pieces: solid

I was reading people complaining that attendance figures are much lower this season, causing less people to spend money on players. They figure best to wait until next season, when hattrick should fix the formula.

I'm getting near the even money point, after a couple of big purchases to help the team be more competitive. The good news is my 2nd best winger is coming back from injury this week, leaving me able to sell a winger or 2. My 5th best has a TSI of about 660, so definitely a position I'm strong in right now.

Thanks for the advice PG but i've changed tactics. For the record i used to get solid in counter-attacks. I just bought myself 6 new 17 yo trainees and i'm going to train scoring. A couple of questions though:

Which is better 3-4-3 or 4-3-3?

Is it better to lose a wingback or a central defender?

Should i play defensive wingbacks and/or a defensive inner mid?

Do i need an offensive coach?

First off ratings are the key, stars can often be misleading (especially for midfielders and wingers where lots of skills are involved). As you're training defenders (I think unsure.gif ) maybe try 5-4-1 pressing or CA? With CA make sure you have decent enough attack ratings (maybe play two wingers) and that you can get within reasonable distance of his midfield. Maybe CA at home and press away??

I Had the most unusal message saying that my assitant coaches and goalkeeper cocaches had got into a fight and cause tension in the camp huh.gif

Match in Play

Currently 1-1 against ChesterRovers team

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.