[Archived] Hattrick

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game, Sam!!

You should have won!

Want a game next week?

Of course Oklahoma....I owe you a game in Portugal anyway(that's what i meant by a home and away tie in my earlier post, i was always going to play you in Portugal next week)

Yes i dare say this weeks friendly against oklahoma in Portugal will be the last of my international friendlies, they are simply too expensive to do regularly. And now that i am about to be AU$140 000 in debt (new stadium) i need to conserve money.

BTW i hired 3 economists because i am about to go into debt. Was that the right move? I've heard they help limit interest.

According to Hattrix (my Hattrick bible as you might have realised by now) you should only hire one economist when in debt.

you should only hire a maximum of 1 economist when in negative numbers and this only if your minus is higher than -200000 € or its equivalent in your currency. (if your minus is very high around -350000 € there is the possibility to hire a second economist. but i highly recommend never to get this deep into debt.)

Edited by Big A

you should only hire a maximum of 1 economist when in negative numbers and this only if your minus is higher than -200000 € or its equivalent in your currency. (if your minus is very high around -350000 € there is the possibility to hire a second economist. but i highly recommend never to get this deep into debt.)

Thanks Big A. I really should have read that myself before making the move. Oh well....just a little more debt to add to the mountain. BTW i went with a 15500 stadium. This was about half-way between the hattrix figures for a good season and for an average season which is probably what i will have.

Edited by samtheozzy

And in my final expenditure for the year i bought 4 new reserve players. I don't think i can afford to risk my first-team players in my friendlies just for the sake of saving a few dollars in wages. i picked up some real bargains as well, buying two wingers, a forward and an inner midfielder this morning (Total TSI = 700, Total Cost = AU$34000).

The Oceanian, North American and especially the South American groups have some real bargains with little competition in the way of bidding around 02:00-07:00 hattrick time.

Alright, just upped my stadium and still have 250,000 dollars, so pretty happy with my situation. Team still has work to do, but I'll be competitive this season. That added with my winger training to my already good wingers should give me a few good players to sell at the end of the season to finance a good push next season.

I only have one economist.

What is the highr debt you can ge before being fired?

The maximum debt is -£333K, which I think is -500K euros (check the rules, it's in there).

I've never been in the situation but from what I've heard, if you are over the limit at the economy update, you get 5 logins the next week to try and rectify the situation (these include logins from manager assistant programmes like HAM or the Hattrix tools). If you're at that points it's probably a good idea to sell players that have any sort of value. Hopefully by the next economy update you'll be above the line and back to normal.

Won the third game. 3-2 against the my biggest rival.

I'm upgrading my stadium to 12000. I have 865 suporters. Maybe my stadium should be bigger.

Decided to sell some of my yougsters. Some of them are reazonable.

All of them are for sale at 1000€.

Check them out at my team Buckley FC (83278)

I slaughtered the top team 5-0 and am now #1 in my conference. Disturbingly i can only just turn a tiny profit at the moment even with a sold out stadium. In any case the renovations to my stadium will be finished in a week but in the meantime i have two league games away in a row so things are going to get much worse before they get better (I am AU$140000 in debt)

I am considering selling my most valuable player: My Keeper (stats are below). What is the best Hattrick time to sell a player so as to maximise the fee? I assume it's when most of the Europeans are signed in but i am not really sure when that is or what time that would make it in Australia (EST).

Keith Lane (31517888)

22 years, solid form, healthy

A pleasant guy who is calm and honest.

Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Speciality: Head

Nationality: Oceania

Total Skill Index (TSI): 1 850 (370 000 AU$)

Wage: 3 091 AU$/week

Owner: Supine Rovers

Warnings: 0

Stamina: poor Goaltending: passable

Playmaking: disastrous Passing: disastrous

Winger: disastrous Defending: wretched

Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: passable

Wow.. a keeper with a head specialty. I never knew they existed.

They could come in handy.

I've always found two times useful for selling players :

1) Midweek, late HT-time, and the later the better. From 18:00 - 01:00.

2) Weekends, afternoons, eg. 12:00 - 16:00 HT time.

To sell in the window for option 2) you will have to put them on sale either Wednesday/Thursday night.

Wow.. a keeper with a head specialty.  I never knew they existed.

They could come in handy.

I've always found two times useful for selling players :

1) Midweek, late HT-time, and the later the better.  From 18:00 - 01:00.

2) Weekends, afternoons, eg. 12:00 - 16:00 HT time.

To sell in the window for option 2) you will have to put them on sale either Wednesday/Thursday night.

Well he has scored about 6 goals in friendlies biggrin.gif . For your option 1 is that the time to start the sale or to end it?

Edited by samtheozzy

THanks for the games Oklahoma. I'm sorry i couldn't put up more of a fight but i needed to get my experience in 5-3-2 up for the weekend Also i have done away with the idea of having a smaller squad and playing some first-team non-trainees in the reserve team. Now i have some very average players in my reserve squad (but hey they'll do).

I wouldn't mind opinion on the following tactic. I normally play a 5-4-1 CA with offensive wings. I have played that tactic in every game so far but on Sunday i play my biggest threat in the division and he is a real power-player. He normally plays a 3-5-2 with an offensive winger and a weak(ish) back on the right, and a normal winger with a strong back on the left. I was considering playing an offensive back and an offensive winger on the side with his weak back and a normal winger on the other side of my midfield (still counter-attacking). With CA you take such a hit in the midfield anyway (and my midfield is pretty strong) that it seems it's smarter to move a player into attack from the midfield.

Anway, thoughts people?

Sam, have a look at This article, it sets out CA in a very clear way. You do know that CA only works if you lose possesion don't you?

The important thing to look at are the ratings, last match he got:

Midfield: wretched (low)

Right Side Defence: weak (low)

Central Defence: weak (very high)

Left Side Defence: poor (very high)

Right Side Attack: poor (very low)

Central Attack: poor (very low)

Left Side Attack: poor (low)

His left side of defence and attack is the weakest point, so playing the right wing back offensive might be an idea, I'd only do that if he has good wing skill though, otherwise it's not worth it. If you do that you might want to set your right centre back towards wing, to stop you loosing too much wing defence.

The other thing that I'd suggest sometimes with CA is getting a midfielder with good passing and defending secondaries and playing them offensively, boosting midfield a little (which is still important) and helping your CA rating. Obviously if you're going to need all the defence you can this might not be the best plan.

Another thing you could try is playing midfielders offensively if they have some passing, as this will boost your attack ratings. If you're planning to train defence long term, it might be worth considering an attacking coach, next time you change coach. Your defence shouldn't need a boost but an extra level on your attack will stop it being completely toothless.

Only play a wingback offensively if he has passable wing (ideally). High inadequate if you have have to.

Otherwise, play a winger with some defending skills as an offensive wing-back.

You will lose 1-2 levels of defence on the side with an offensive wingback, so make sure you can compensate for the loss.

To make CA work your defence has to be as a general rule 1-2 levels higher than his attack. Of couse, the relative amount of possession will alter this. The more possession your opponent has, the better your defence has to be relative to his attack.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.