BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hattrick

Ive sold a player!! ohmy.gif

Im second in the league and i'm playing a team whose owner hasn't logged on for two week and so his team has only ten men biggrin.gif

My downfall was splashing out at the start on two strikers which got me into debt. My youth team is passable and i've promoted youth players every week however only one or two have been good enough

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright. Will probably end up in 4th or 3rd this season. The part that should be interesting is that if all the teams stick around, by the time next season rolls around we should have 3 teams who are regularly getting 30 stars per match (right now, I'm in the upper 20s, but am on my way up). Wondering if I should move to a different area. The number 2 team this season is far above 3rd or I, so barring a collapse, he should win promotion next season.

Do you feel like starting from scratch american? Because Hattrick will not (usually) let you move a team. I've considered the same thing as i wanted to start over without all the rookie mistakes but i couldn't stand going back to disasterous youth squad, crappy trainees, small stadium etc.

I'll finish 1st this season (barring a loss against the 3rd last (bot) team) but i will face a play-off against a *good* team from div V who also trains scores, except his scorers are all getting at least 4 stars sad.gif. Bizarrely i should be able to pip this guy in the midfield, especially if two of my mids go up in form on Friday. It should be one hell of a contest.

Last offseason they allowed you to, for a small fee, so I was assuming they would do the same this offseason.

Well, my best youth pull is up for sale, starting at $200,000. If he sells, I will continue my striker training, if not, I will go back to defender training, but play 4-4-2 for league matches.

Ryan Pulliam (39018531)

17 years, solid form, healthy

A sympathetic guy who is calm and upright.

Has disastrous experience and wretched leadership abilities.

Nationality: USA

Total Skill Index (TSI):  1 870

Wage: 747 US$/week

Owner: American Rovers

Warnings: 0

Stamina:   poor  Goaltending:   disastrous 

Playmaking:   passable  Passing:   poor 

Winger:   poor  Defending:   excellent

Scoring:   inadequate  Set Pieces:   poor

Figure if I can get a decent amount for him, I'll try selling my other 17yo w/ excellent defending and buy a couple older players for my defense. Maybe I'll sell my other younger backups, since once a week matches are coming up.

Good luck in the playoffs (assuming you don't choke this week)!

You @#/? American! That's your second ###### excellent YP!

As for changing are you sure you can actually change divisions? I thought that change was just to regions. For example my region is ACT (where i live) but my division is VI.94. I could change my region but i doubt i'd be allowed to move my team to another division.

I meant regions, sorry. Actually, had one excellent youth pull (same guy) and one solid youth pull, who turned into excellent after one week of training. His TSI is only about 900, though. Got a bid already on the first, so will probably put the second up for sale soon, while he is still 17.

I know you're supposed to be patient, but not sure I want to wait another few seasons to go up. I know if I went up this season I'd be right back, but with the way my strategy seems to be working (esp. youth pulls), I should be able to compete if I went up next season. The way things are going, it would take me 2-3 more seasons to go up, and I'm not a patient man!!

Your playoff opponent will probably change sam depending on the results of the last round of league games.

Why exactly do you want to change regions American?

Na BigA. It looks like it will be the same guy. I went to the site that shows your playoff opponent and i can't imagine that it will change (unless i am misunderstanding how the playoff opponent selection works)

American: Yeah, friendlies from now. I have already challenged you.

EDIT: Does the coaches leadership affect how form is decided? I have been absolutely murdered in the last two training calculations when it comes to form and it coincides with my coaches leadership dropping to Wretched. 3 of my players form dropped by 2 levels and another 3 dropped by one level.

Edited by samtheozzy

Sam are you using HT-Frid's cup ranking page?

At the moment you'd play

Wests Tigers 35- 45 13 : 5 in V.113 (3529)

However there are another 15 or so teams on 13 points as well, if you win your last match you'll almost certainly rise up in the table and there are so many teams that you've got no real idea who you'll play next.

Coach leadership doesn't affect form, sounds like you've just been unlucky.

Edited by Big A

Anyone wanting proof of why you should invest maximum in youth from day 1:

Sales not final yet, my best guy is going for $710,000 and rising, while my second best is now at $280,000. Found one replacement so far, not sure if I'm going to get a second until the next season starts.

YES! Won my conference with a final 9-0 victory! Not only that but my YP striker picked the right game to score 5 goals so i ended up with the top scorer money as well. My playoff game is against a much easier opponent (max dudes) than my previous post would indicate (thanks for the info BigA) so i genuinely fancy my chances of promotion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.