BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hattrick

I won 10 out of 14 and got a qualifier and promoted. At best I'll finish fourth this season (fifth is more likely) but it's going to be a lot more fun than smashing bots on a weekly basis. Once two of my strikers pop to formidable I'm going to sell the rest (should be four excellents by then) and buy 3 17yo solid PM, 3 17yo passable PM, and 4 17yo solid Wing/passable PM. By then it should be the middle of the season and the prices should be pretty low. I'll also sell off my current midfield. I can't afford to pay for a midfield big enough to win my current series so I'll have to train it from scratch.

EDIT: And how did everyone do in their cup matches today? I had an amazing 6-0 win over a team was nowhere as good as they should have been. Seriously this team should have mopped the floor with me but I PIC'd my last two matches so maybe he underestimated the ratings my team is capable of attaining.

Edited by samtheozzy

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have bizarrely gone to the top of the table in my league (V.200 in Oceania) after a comfortable 3-1 win. I face mission impossible in my cup match having drawn a div III team (incidentally from PGs league) and will face my first loss in 12 competitive games sad.gif. I am wondering whether i should PIC the match but i am not certain of what PIC and a loss will do to my team confidence, sponsors mood and TS.

I want to improve my team even further but at the moment my first priority is getting some funds to improve my stadium before the price doubles next season. I assume that Okey and his miniscule 3-seater stadium are in the same boat smile.gif. Is 40000 sufficient (supporters club: 836 but i don't want to have to improve my stadium again in the near future)?

PG: Is Rewa even going to get a game in the Oceanian squad? It's just that their current wingers seem to get 2 more stars a game than him (not a final indicator but suggestive nonetheless)...

Sam if you'll lose it'd be best to PIC, although with a wretched leader as coach I'm not sure how much good it'll do. Hire some sports psycologists before the econ. update to get the confidence back up, ts will rise and supporter mood will drop (not too much though I'd think as you'd be a massive underdog). Sponsor mood shouldn't fall too much as long as there are a few spokesmen keeping them happy.

Have a look at the team he plays in the cup, it may be weaker for training purposes so you might have a chance.

As for the arena use the Hattrix Arena Sizer. As a general rule I'd expand to no more than around 30* your fan club. Maybe 35* if you're really optimistic and looking at large future growth (which you should be with that size of a club in V). I'd say 30K max. Those 15K extra seats would cost a fair whack, £250K ($375K) or so I'd say.

Cheers Big A. Even if my TS raises by two and then drops back one (as it's done in the past) due to the wretchedness of my coaches leadership the boost should be enough to help me win the midfield for my league game on Sunday.

I know 40K is waaaaaay too big for right now but it's not something i want to do again in the near future due to the doubling cost.

PG: Is Rewa even going to get a game in the Oceanian squad? It's just that their current wingers seem to get 2 more stars a game than him (not a final indicator but suggestive nonetheless)...

Rewa is definitely a 'bench' player at the moment.

#1 Winger Clement Rankin is divine.

#2 Winger Brabham is either divine or very close to it.

There are are better wingers than Rewa in Oceania at the moment. But :

1) Some of them aren't being trained anymore

2) Some of them don't have as good playmaking.

There is one winger who is pretty much as good as Rewa... but for some reason didn't keep an eye out on the National team forums.... and thus didn't inform thte coach about the player that he had.

Upgraded my stadium for 15500 to 25000. I may have to upgrade again later in the season as my team is playing exceptionally well at the moment Unfortunately my next priority has to be a solid coach with better leadership (currently have passable/wretched) so i won't be able to afford anything else.

I beat the second team (i'm first) 6-1 and am now 3 points clear at the top of the table. Mind you my good TS is making my midfield look outrageously effective and that TS is going to drop.

IMO you are worth upgrading your stadium in 'big steps' rather than little ones... as the $$$'s it costs for upgrades can be quite significant.

My stadium went from :

25,000 in div IV

55,000 in div III

I upgraded it to 80,000 last season.

I managed to win my first game of the season yesterday. I threw caution to the wind and played 3-4-3 and it paid dividends. It probably caught my opponent by surprise as well, as I rarely play that formation. As a winger trainer, I tend to stick to 4-5-1 and 3-5-2.

But after having lost my first two games, I thought that I needed 3 points in the bag, even if one of my wingers misses out on a week's training.

Can't afford anything bigger at the moment PG but I also can't afford not to upgrade it as I have the smallest arena in my div. I have just had 3 home games on the trot so I used that cash to upgrade my stadium. I don't think I'll end up selling any trainees this season so my attendances will pretty much support my expenses.

0-5 for me this week. My attack and midfield seem to be doing the job. Also upgrading my arena while I've got 2 matches on the road. Was able to sell one of my strikers to finance it. Bought him when I first started for about $43,000 and right now, with over an hour to go he's going for $100,000. That should finance the rest of my season, as I'm about $3,000 in the black going into this week. Pretty happy with my squad, and might even be able to sell a passable or solid defender a little later.

Won 4-2 against last season champions. Not bad for a team newly promoted.

I'm third, with 6 points, and i already played the 3 better teams of the my championship. Not bad.

Now, i'm goping to try to go to 4th round of cup.

Got another good youth pull:

Daniel Antas (46505511)

19 anos, passable estado de forma, healthy

É uma sympathetic guy, calm e honest.

Tem um disastrous nível de experiência e é um weak líder.

Nacionalidade: Portugal

TSI: 1 380

Stamina: weak Goaltending: disastrous

Playmaking: wretched Passing: passable

Winger: weak Defending: solid

Scoring: poor Set Pieces: solid

And sold my 4th striker for 14000€.

My squad is now almost all portuguese.

Won 2-5 after being down 2-0 at half-time. I went from having 48% posession in the first half to having 66% posession in the second half....some people never learn. I'm 4 from 4 at the moment which is bloody awesome for a promoted team i reckon.

Okie: Can i have some of your YP luck...i pulled rubbish again this week.

Yeah, I have a solid youth squad, but pulled 19 year old rubbish for the 3rd or 4th time in a row. Getting double digit TSIs. From what I've read, though, you'll probably get one or 2 good ones a season.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.