BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hattrick

Oklahoma, if you won each game you'll go up automatically.

A cup might be an idea, I could probably help organise it I guess although I'm not sure if I'd be able to play as I play every year in one friendly cup and plan to have a decent cup run. tongue.gif

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or have a playoff among us bottom div teams for the right to take on PG and BigA smile.gif. Organise it now. Will be easier that way. I doubt American, Okie, myself, cookie etc will make it past the first round of the cup so aim to start it the week after the first cup round.

Good match Sam. The nicer part was I almost broke even money wise on it! Maybe you need to train stamina during the offseason? tongue.gif (I was reading to do it then, as you will lose some form.)

And everyone gets training, whether or not they play unlike most trainings.

In my experience the form penalty generally kicks in a little few weeks afterwards, but improving PM's stamina is well worth it.

American. I put out a team with one, crappy inner mid, 2 wingers, my three worst strikers, and played a formation that i sucked at. I assure you that when i don't have to worry about injury or form for my qualification match next week it will be a much closer affair. I will play my starting inner mids in my favourite formation (although you will still face my lesser strikers as playing a qualifier means an extra week of training).

Just sold two players and received the season prizes. biggrin.gif

And finally got a good youth player:

Eduardo Jesus (44127825)

18 years, passable shape , healthy

He is controversial person, calm e upright.

Has a disastrous level of experience e is an inadequate líder.

TSI: 1 830

Stamina: weak Goaltending: disastrous

Playmaking: wretched Passing: solid

Winger: solid Defending: weak

Scoring: weak Set Pieces: weak

Just sold two players and received the season prizes.  biggrin.gif

And finally got a good youth player:

Eduardo Jesus (44127825)

18 years, passable shape , healthy 

He is controversial person, calm e upright.

Has a disastrous level of experience e is an inadequate líder.

TSI:  1 830

Stamina:    weak  Goaltending:    disastrous 

Playmaking:    wretched  Passing:    solid 

Winger:    solid  Defending:    weak 

Scoring:    weak  Set Pieces:    weak

As we say all too often in the oceania YP forums: Too bad about the age and time of season smile.gif.

Good luck Griz! I too am playing a qualifier against a team that i should beat quite thoroughly. If i do i'm buying supporter (so i can see my medal on my team screen smile.gif ). Can i say what a fan of playing qualifiers rather than auto promoting i am. It means i get an extra week of scoring training which means I will have 3 excellent scoring 18yo for the first week of next season. I'm going to try and sell one of them at an exhorbitant price smile.gif

EDIT: I absolutely *pumped* the opposition winning 9-0(!!!). Now in V.200 in Oceania.

EDIT2: American i will only be able to put out a B squad for the friendly. Next week i will be able to play close to my A squad as i won't have two games. Also because i MOTSed the qualifier my TS is at furious which should swing the match in your favour considerably.

Edited by samtheozzy

Sam, cup round 1 is in 10 days time I think, so you and American will have to wait a little.

Congrats on promotion btw, supporter is well worth it there's loads of great federations around to join (with loads of wise and funny people), fantastic stats, match kits etc, etc.

Now that I have some funds from my defenders, I'm looking to upgrade to a couple of solid midfielders. Do I want solid playmaking or passing, which is more important?

Solid Playmaking is more important American. Although a Solid PM/Passable Passing would be very sweet (but it will cost you). Make sure they have Solid+ stamina as well.

Found a solid pm/solid passing, but didn't want to spend more than 1/3rd of my remaining money for him, so I lost the bidding once it got over US 275,000.

Thanks for the advice. I've been noticing that the better the stamina to go with solid/exceptionals, the better the price. Glad I trained stamina for my 2 youngsters.

Playmakers with solid 'secondaries' (ie passing and defending) are a luxury and probably aren't worth it.

A strong playmaker with a passable secondary will do the job and cost a lot less than one with a solid secondary.

Additionally, a playmaker with strong defending and passing is very expensive, and IMO not worth it. Just like in 'real football', I suggest you have a mix of midfielders, some with strong passing, some with strong defending, and use them as 'offensive' or 'defensive' midfielders to balance your team out.

Also at low levels games seem to be won and lost much more on pure midfield strength, which PM and stamina are used to calculate. I'd say secondaries are a bonus, even weak and inadequate passers and defenders will give you some boost. Concentrate on PM and stamina (which is a must) at this stage.

hahahaah...bad luck American. I cannot believe you didn't win that friendly. You had me beaten in nearly every area of the ground! But when you play AIM you lose your wing attack and wing defence and the winning goal came from a wing event. Here i was thinking my furious TS was going to lose it for me.

American Rovers

Player rating and Team formation

Team Attitude: (Hidden)

Tactic: Attack in the middle

Tactic skill: solid

Midfield: wretched (very high)

Right Side Defence: weak (low)

Central Defence: weak (high)

Left Side Defence: poor (high)

Right Side Attack: inadequate (very low)

Central Attack: inadequate (very low)

Left Side Attack: poor (very low)

Supine Rovers

Player rating and Team formation

Team Attitude: Normal

Tactic: Normal

Tactic skill: (Unlimited)

Midfield: disastrous (very high)

Right Side Defence: weak (very low)

Central Defence: weak (very low)

Left Side Defence: weak (low)

Right Side Attack: weak (high)

Central Attack: weak (very low)

Left Side Attack: wretched (high)

Incidentally that victory brings to an end my run of 13 consecutive winless friendlies. My last victory was also over you American, back on the 30/06 smile.gif.

K Guys. I just bought supporter. Drop me a note in my guest book and recommend me some good federations to join. I noticed there is a Blackburn Rovers fed but it doesn't seem active. We should start a BRFCS fed!

Supine Rovers (417804)

You've found my weakness Sam, my strikers are crap. Hopefully the training will help. Got my first cup match next week. Guy is strong in the middle, but very weak on the wings.

Out there right now checking for solid players whenever I'm online at home. Probably will sell a bunch of my guys when the season starts, and people need second teamers more. There are some decent bargains out there, found a couple so far. I've been looking at recent matches to see how many stars the players are getting. Some solids who only get 2 stars.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.