BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hattrick

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry sam as of yesterday I'm no longer English U20 manager and I think it'd be a wee bit illegal anyway.wink.gif Someone interested will buy him though, there's a fair amount of interest for english born players in the English leagues.

Quite a good week on the transfer front. Sold a formidible CM for 994,000 and bought an outstanding CM for 824,000 (both around the same age). The one I sold had originally been bought in May for 75,000. Should finally be able to promote, and have some money and prospects to start building my defense with some good veterans.

I may just be the weakest team ever to have a shot at winning a division 5 series in the history of HT....

Check out my series and my team, I'm not complaining, cause I'm glad I'm having a cakewalk to stay in div 5, but this is downright silly. USA series V.45

the only team ahead of me is a midfield only team, who I've already tied (due to some injuries on his part) and he'll be getting a nasty dose of CA from me when we last meet.... and I've got 4 CONSECUTIVE walkovers at the mid point of the season.... there's a reason why hatstats has my series listed as 255th "best" out of 256 series in USA div 5....

edit: oops we were 255 last week, we've "achieved" worst series status this week!

Edited by USRoverME

Got a bunch of players about to go up to Formidible PM. Thinking about changing my training at this point, keeping 2 and selling the rest. It looks like defenders are selling for higher, but is this a usual trend, or is it cyclical? I've got one guy who will be formidible PM, passable Def, solid scoring. Probably could get a bunch for him, but will it raise his value significantly if I train his def up a couple levels, or should I sell when he hits formidible and is still only 20?

Defenders are a bit higher atm but that's not always the case. You can train more of them though which is good!

As for the formid PM defending isn't as valued as passing. Imo if you do change to defending you may want to consider an offensive central defender to help keep midfield strength up (I'm doing this now). This guy would then be ideal. If you think you're fine in the midfield department then I'd sell and buy a defence trainee as you'll get more cash training an 19yo formid defender up a few levels than the multi skilled PM.

Btw what will you do for your third/fourth PMs if you sell all but two? Thinking of an upgrade in midfield?

From what I've seen, I think defending is easily the most profitable main skill to train, but only if you train in all 10 spots, which means playing 5 defenders for every game. Winning consistently with 5 defenders is a tough road to go down.

Ceratinly you can try playing 4 defs in the league and 5 in the friendly/cup, but the loss of 1 training spot, IMHO, brings the profits for defense training back in line w/ PM and scoring

If you did decide to go to defending, I might train PM a little more, and make sure you keep 2 IMs that would be strong enough to keep you competitive in MF vs. teams in your series w/ 3IMs. Then you can play 5 at the back, use only 2 IMs and still have some attacking options w/ switching your wing attacks about. And in a pinch, if you really needed to win MF, you can play 3 in the center as a change of pace... Being that versitile would make you much tought to beat.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, guys!

I need your help!

I want to change my coach and get a solid one.

I have this player in the team that could do it, I think.

Přemysl Vobořil (10584919)

27 anos, passable estado de forma, healthy

popular guy, balanced e honest.

passable level of experience, passable líder.

Speciality: Unpredictable

Stamina: excellent Goalkeeping: disastrous

Playmaking: inadequate Passing: poor

Winger: poor Defending: solid

Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: weak

What do you think?

Should I prepare him to be my new coach?

By the end of the season, we'll improve the level of experience.

Gibe me tips on the subject, please.

looks like a decent candidate to me once he pops in experience.

That solid main skill means he shouldn't be in your long term plans as a player anyways. Passable LS is pretty good, and means you shouldn't need a new coach for at elast 2 season, and probably closer to 4.

• 2 weeks later...

I use HAM which is shareware but free if you don't keep the data past 30 days. It's a one off fee of around £5 so not too bad and well worth it! Otherwise have a look under the community tab in Hattrick and see what you can find there.

Oklahoma, sorry about the thumping in the Rovers Fed cup! smile.gif

Any feelings so far about the new wing changes, and the forward toward wing order?

Personally I can't wait to really give it a run in the next few weeks... will be playing FTW and some magnificant offensive wingers in the next few weeks, so I hopfully I can get an increase over my typically high passable - low solid side attacks!

As a winger trainer - I'm loving it! My attack ratings have stayed the same, but it is noticeable that teams which relied on their strong forwards to give them good wing attacks have suffered.

I'm into the last 16 of the Oceania Cup - my next opponent is a Premier League side. Six time Oceania champion and twice Cup winner... I'm gonna get flogged!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.