BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS v Fleetwood

3 hours ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

couldn't agree more. it's getting weary watching some of the defending. granted, Mulgrew isn't a CB but is it just me getting the feeling that he seems to be coasting it recently?

He's the captain because he's the most gifted of the bunch and/or that's the way to make him stay, but perhaps we need someone else on the pitch to gee things up. He doesn't strike as the inspirational type, nor is he in a position to inspire by his play. hard to say, but the team seems to have taken on the personality of the captain somewhat.

sort of like what roy keane says:

“When I see Gibbs with the captain’s armband on at the end of the game, you are in big trouble. If he is your captain, your leader, the guy who is going to bring everyone together…you are in huge trouble.”

Personally think Mulgrew has been poor all season and looks like he does not want to play. I said last season he shouldn't be captain when Lowe was here and does not inspire. I still stand by those comments. Sad to say at the moment we have no one to replace him at centre half.

Rev is right about Bennett not getting to the by line but neither does Conwy. What Bennett does do is drift inside and add another body into central midfield where his energy is used to compensate for Whittingham's lack of energy. 

Mowbray commented during the summer about a lack of pace in the team so its odd that every signing bar Chapman have no pace.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we played this postponed game.  Postponed because we had one regular, one regular to the treatment table and one whose never had a kick.all out on International duty.

When we actually play.the game we have 2 solid starters an influential sub out .  Can someone tell me what was the point.  Does Smallwood miss the cup game only?

2 hours ago, USABlue said:

So we played this postponed game.  Postponed because we had one regular, one regular to the treatment table and one whose never had a kick.all out on International duty.

When we actually play.the game we have 2 solid starters an influential sub out .  Can someone tell me what was the point.  Does Smallwood miss the cup game only?

Totally agree, I was one of few that were against postponing these games. Yes Smallwood only misses the cup game.

17 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Same goes for the Blackpool game which would have had the biggest following of the season, we'll be lucky to take 1,500 now.

It gets moved to the Saturday of the FA Cup 2nd round if Barnet knock us out. Unfortunately, I think the trains stop running from Preston To Blackpool before then until next year.

I went to watch Chorley v Fleetwood last night. Quite a good game and being pitch side offered quite a different view. There didn’t seem to be much difference between the sides except Fleetwood could break and pass quicker when the opportunity arose. 

My main thought was if we are any good at all, which I doubt, how did we fail to beat Fleetwood?

A very different view of these players “skill” from six feet away. 

Archived