BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS v Fleetwood

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Absolutely terrible performance. Seem to change tactics at random, tonight vgoing for overplaying at the ball, incredibly slow and then an aimless hoof giving Graham nothing to work for.

Special mention to Nyambe, who kept closing the space and both his technique and intelligence are totally absent, and Raya the clown with the constant stream of howlers. Steele with a Spanish twinge.

Again no signs of a consistent plan or run of wins, 1 win in 5, time to get Grayson.

I'd go for that, he's had plenty of success in this league, in fact I'd do it tomorrow

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, lraC said:

I guess we shouldn't be too shocked by this result. Fleetwood are a shining example, of a well run club moving in the right direction. They have a local owner, who cares for the club and is accesible to the fans. He relies on a proper structure and has not let the club run into millions of pounds worth of debt. Andy Pilley is the polar opposite, of Venkys and deserves the success he has achieved so far. I am sure lies deceit and a complete disregard for the for the fans, is unlikely to give Rovers fans, anything other than failiure, which is precisely what we are getting. Promotion will not be coming our way in May, of that there is little doubt.

Exactly right.

Doesn't matter who our manager is at this moment in time. A well run club with ambition will succeed, a badly run club with no structure will fail. There was one of each at Ewood tonight.

I don't think we've hit the bottom yet! Our anger should be aimed at the absent owners.

Enough trust me, he's got his faults granted but seems to be solid & no nonsense. I'm not having a argument on the merits of ward over downing the defence obviously had a good game tonight. I used to work & lived  in Warwickshire albeit briefly if that's a clue.

Rovers supporters don't deserve what's happened to them. It's a living nightmare that shows no sign of ending. Other clubs have bad owners too but has any of them thrown away and destroyed in 7 years something that was working perfectly well?  It's all so frustrating. 

Don't know what everyone is getting so worked up for, tonight was simply a free hit, nothing lost!

On a more serious note, we are 11 points behind Wigan with 1 game in hand (a difficult one away at Blackpool) and with each passing day we don't sack Mowbray we're hurting our chances of going up, he absolutely must go. Rosler did a job on us tonight and is clearly the superior manager. At least Mowbray does a good Q&A though for Parson & co.'s exclusive superfan club.

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Fleetwood were better than us. There, I've said it. Now let that sink in.

Another night of huge frustration for us fans but the reality is beginning to bite now that we aren't good enough to challenge the top two, might make the playoffs but probably will be ninth or tenth. Mowbray has been a major disappointment to me this season as far too often he has been out thought by opposing managers. Some of the nonsense he has been spouting is annoying. Who does he think he is kidding with his 'I'm tactically astute' talk? We are treading water and some of the players he hangs his hat on just aren't delivering the goods. 

So frustrating and annoying following this club.

What's so frustrating Tony is that all us 'know nowts' all know (and knew in the summer) what is (and was) required but they (who supposedly are paid to know better) did differently. 

A game we should have won

Pleased for Nuttall. Deserved his goal and chance. 

Graham was pathetic, lazy tonight. Time to get shut imo. 

We gave 2 poor goals away tonight. 

But got a point but should have been 3 points. 

Raya.at fault for their second goal

The ref tonight was awful and worse than Saturday. So clueless. Missed a clean pen and gave fleetwood plenty much everything. The FA and FL need to sorts these refs standards out asap. Simply not good enough

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

The ref tonight was awful and worse than Saturday. So clueless. Missed a clean pen and gave fleetwood plenty much everything. The FA and FL need to sorts these refs standards out asap. Simply not good enough

You say Graham was pathetic, but he had absolutely no service to work with. What do you expect from him?

The team was clearly under instructions not to press, as no one was pressing, which was infuriatingly boring to watch and negative.

We are in the third tier, the refs wont be as good, cant use them as an excuse.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I see you've failed to mention Mowbray - was Mowbray tactically good enough tonight?

Just now, roversfan99 said:

You say Graham was pathetic, but he had absolutely no service to work with. What do you expect from him?

The team was clearly under instructions not to press, as no one was pressing, which was infuriatingly boring to watch and negative.

Quite right, many Rovers fans blamed the ref at Wigan too, funny how Wigan fans also blamed him, they thought he had a shocker.

12 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

What's so frustrating Tony is that all us 'know nowts' all know (and knew in the summer) what is (and was) required but they (who supposedly are paid to know better) did differently. 

The fans said get Chapman starting at home he said no not ready, fans said give this free scoring lad Nuttall a chance somewhere he said no not ready. Either through desperation or pressure not judgement he's given in, both times so far fans proved right and him not.

He's either another weak manager desperate to keep the regular troops happy, some of his needless rotation would suggest this, or he really doesn't know his arse from his elbow and is winging it now. Similar traits were evident last season when we should have been going hell for leather to fight relegation.

Mowbray's team reflect him; Dour, passionless, cautious and soooooooooooooo long-winded. Pass, pass, pass, pass pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass just to get back to the position we started from. No imagination, no movement, no pace. It's the same match every week, with just a couple of key moments that differ. Ghoulhog Day.

Raya - I was at the other end of the ground so didn't see what happened for the 2nd. I'm guessing he flapped? Excellent shot-stopper, dreadful flapper.

Nyambe - I like him, defends well, recovers other people's errors, works hard. He gets stick for passing back but there is literally no movement ahead of him.

Downing - Solid Enough   

Mulgrew - Did he miss the header for their first? Did ok

Williams - thought he played well

Conway - huff and puff and some decent crosses. Average.

Antonnson - waste of space. Did literally nothing apart from hoof one over the bar.

Smallwood - not his best game. got his booking so at least he'll miss Saturday. he's probably delighted.

Whittingham - sideways sideways sideways back sideways back. waste of space.

Dack - The only going forward with any genuine ability. Shame he's playing for such a boring manager.

Graham - waste of space

Pleased for Nuttall. He actually provided a presence. Took his goal well. Mowbray is a clown for not at least having him on the bench before now.

Hart - good left foot, half-asleep, no real drive. Gladwin Mk2. Smashing it in training.

Evans - *shrugs*

Mowbray - he could send a glass eye to sleep. Training must consist of passing the ball slowly round Brockhall and then a nice stroll by the river. HAVE SOME FRIGGING PASSION MAN INSTEAD OF HOLDING YOUR HEAD IN YOUR HANDS EVERYTIME A PASS ISN'T PERFECTLY SIDEWAYS. PASS FORWARDS PASS FORWARDS PASS FORWARDS>AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Think I saw Rob Kelly on the touchline. That was nice. Rosler seemed very involved. Tony had his hands in his pockets.

Top 2 my flabby arse

Where is GAV tonight? Thought he would be rubbing it in? Oh that's right GAV you've only done it once all season after a 3-0 win against Pompey, either side you've been mute. Your fav manager is a disgrace, your fav players are a joke and your comments really would be a joke tonight is you where defending that.

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Some work rate or chasing the ball. Nuttall did this from coming on the pitch. Why didnt Graham? 

After the amount the FA has and spent on refs they should be good enough. Sadly they arent

• Backroom

Have said it for a while now, Mowbray has to go if we want to go up. He hasn't got it in him to get this team on a proper run, we always falter and we never look convincing. If we're happy plodding along Bowyer-style in mid-table then fine, keep him. If we're actually ambitious and want to get promoted then bring in a manager who can take these players and mould them into winners, rather than the average, lazy mess we have now. To quote Dunny, if the club are serious about promotion, it's time to "get real" - Mowbray isn't going to get us there.  

Just now, DE. said:

Have said it for a while now, Mowbray has to go if we want to go up. He hasn't got it in him to get this team on a proper run, we always falter and we never look convincing. If we're happy plodding along Bowyer-style in mid-table then fine, keep him. If we're actually ambitious and want to get promoted then bring in a manager who can take these players and mould them into winners, rather than the average, lazy mess we have now. To quote Dunny, if the club are serious about promotion, it's time to "get real" - Mowbray isn't going to get us there.  

Eh? 6 points from 12 that is top two form, ask GAV.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Mowbray's team reflect him; Dour, passionless, cautious and soooooooooooooo long-winded. Pass, pass, pass, pass pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass just to get back to the position we started from. No imagination, no movement, no pace. It's the same match every week, with just a couple of key moments that differ. Ghoulhog Day.

Raya - I was at the other end of the ground so didn't see what happened for the 2nd. I'm guessing he flapped? Excellent shot-stopper, dreadful flapper.

Nyambe - I like him, defends well, recovers other people's errors, works hard. He gets stick for passing back but there is literally no movement ahead of him.

Downing - Solid Enough   

Antonnson - waste of space. Did literally nothing apart from hoof one over the bar.

Smallwood - not his best game. got his booking so at least he'll miss Saturday. he's probably delighted.

Dack - The only going forward with any genuine ability. Shame he's playing for such a boring manager.

Graham - waste of space

Pleased for Nuttall. He actually provided a presence. Took his goal well. Mowbray is a clown for not at least having him on the bench before now.

Hart - good left foot, half-asleep, no real drive. Gladwin Mk2. Smashing it in training.

Evans - *shrugs*

Mowbray - he could send a glass eye to sleep. Training must consist of passing the ball slowly round Brockhall and then a nice stroll by the river. HAVE SOME FRIGGING PASSION MAN INSTEAD OF HOLDING YOUR HEAD IN YOUR HANDS EVERYTIME A PASS ISN'T PERFECTLY SIDEWAYS. PASS FORWARDS PASS FORWARDS PASS FORWARDS>AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Think I saw Rob Kelly on the touchline. That was nice. Rosler seemed very involved. Tony had his hands in his pockets.

Top 2 my flabby arse

Agree with much of what you say, it was so slow and boring, and it was clearly part of Mowbrays game plan, the team weren't pressing and its ok saying Graham is lazy etc but no one was pressing, we looked brilliant v Rotherham because we were hunting in packs. Surely thats the blueprint.

One thing though, totally disagree on Nyambe. If he wasnt fast and young hed struggle at semi pro level.

Hes quite strong but he cowers out of challenges. His natural reaction is to go back, he is terrified of running forward and never crosses, meaning it is so easy to defend.

He cant head the ball. And it takes him a few touches to control even the most basic pass.

He also often ran into Conways space, clogging up the space in front of him, he has absolutely no footballing intelligence.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Some work rate or chasing the ball. Nuttall did this from coming on the pitch. Why didnt Graham? 

After the amount the FA has and spent on refs they should be good enough. Sadly they arent

None of the team chased down their defence and keeper, not Graham, not Dack, not Antonsson, not Conway. Coincidence or tactical to not press?

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

None of the team chased down their defence and keeper, not Graham, not Dack, not Antonsson, not Conway. Coincidence or tactical to not press?

Dack, Conway and Antonsson worked hard. Graham didnt. Did Graham chase the ball like Nuttall did?

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Downing - Solid Enough   

Graham - waste of space

Evans - *shrugs*

Top 2 my flabby arse

I couldn't see what happened clearly for their second either from where I was sat but it appeared Raya was impeded by our own players. I'd have to be guided by someone nearer. Apart from that i thought he made a number of outstanding saves.

Archived