BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Australia V Norway

emerton

So it's pronounced "Voalarenga"? How curious. huh.gif

More like "Voalerenga", dont think you will come any closer than that. I will gladly record me saying Vålerenga 10 times, and send it to your e-mail address...

Thanks anyway. wink.gif Just curiousity - I spent a few days in the summer looking at vowels with all these crazy dots and circles above them trying to work out how to pronounce them all.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's pronounced "Voalarenga"? How curious. huh.gif

More like "Voalerenga", dont think you will come any closer than that. I will gladly record me saying Vålerenga 10 times, and send it to your e-mail address...

Vålerenga sucks, Vålerenga sucks, Vålerenga sucks....yeah I can do that too wink.gif

As for the game, we were shocking for the most part. Coach made some tactial..err.."mistakes", specially after half time when he did a Souness and played players out of position. Sæternes on the right? What was he thinking dry.gif

Iversen stayed on the pitch for far to long as well. He did sod all else than be where the rebound fell for the first game.

Emerton was fandamntastic though. More of the same for Rovers please Brett! Neill had a quiet game and the less said about MGP the better I think. Hardly impressive apart from a well taken set piece resulting in a goal.

Completely agree.

We now have a midfield and attack that will cause most international teams headaches.

But as long as we have to rely on Vidmar, Muscat and Tiatto in our defence... we aren't going to get anywhere sad.gif

This is why I am always having shots at Farina. Even the last place Sth Americans will tear that defence apart.

The problem is that Australia's defense can't defend dead ball situations. You only have to look at the goals conceded during the Venzuela and Ireland game.

Australia was lucky to get away with a draw! The first goal was clearly offside, but somehow the assistant referee thought it was Ruud who got the ball...

I will admit he might of been a millimetre offside

Second goal, Viduka cant turn like that? I have never seen a fat poteto turning so quickly! Also it was a clear penalty, it was ludicrous that the ref just let it pass so that they could score!

Maybe that what people called, playing the advantage.....

Two good goals didnt prove enough aginst the cheating Australians, but we will get you next time..

Maybe this line only comes after your bold prediction was way off.

Australia 0

Norway 3

Sorry lads, but we are way too strong for you atm! cool.gif

All the Aussies here said that it was going to be a close game, and if it wasn't for Skoko shocking shot at goal in the second half or Cahill's missed header..... rolleyes.gif

Personally Krislu I think you are kidding yourself somewhat smile.gif . I watched the second half and Australia were all over Norway for majority and played some nice football, atleast until maybe Cahill and Emerton were taken off. Your second goal was completely against the run of play.

Edited by tcj_jones

I would have to agree, Australia is a much poorer team without Craig Moore, defensively anyway, and this is a sad reflection on our nation's status, or more probably Farina's selection process. There are players available who should be given the opportunity to do a job for the national side, players like Kisnorbo and McKain and Colosimo. They are all talented and should be afforded a game here and there for assessment. Playing them against Fiji is hardly assessable. It would be like me standing at 6'4 weighing 110kgs wrestling a 9 yr old boy.

Farina suffers from a similar problem as Sven Goran does, he tends to favour the old donkeys who came through the ranks with him and will not attempt to broaden the scope of the national side with untried players. These are friendlies and it is important to mould a well balanced, young, competitive and hungry side. Let's face it, Popovic, Vidmar and the like are hardly class anymore, if they ever were and will most probably not be around for the world cup if we make it.

This selection policy is more than worrying, it's downright wasteful.

There, I've said it.

Farina suffers from a similar problem as Sven Goran does, he tends to favour the old donkeys who came through the ranks with him and will not attempt to broaden the scope of the national side with untried players.

Bloody hell...what utter, utter nonsense. Sven has faults but that is certainly not one of them. He always brings young players in when they deserve it, just look at the average age of our squad and how different the starting 11 is now from the one that was starting when he took over.

mad.gif

Farina suffers from a similar problem as Sven Goran does, he tends to favour the old donkeys who came through the ranks with him and will not attempt to broaden the scope of the national side with  untried players.

Bloody hell...what utter, utter nonsense. Sven has faults but that is certainly not one of them. He always brings young players in when they deserve it, just look at the average age of our squad and how different the starting 11 is now from the one that was starting when he took over.

mad.gif

Yes, the only players that are still going who Sven is still playing in the first XI that he 'inherited' are Beckham, Campbell, Ferdinand, G Neville and Owen. For all of those it is virtually impossible to make a case for them to be dropped. They are the best in their positions, although recent form (particularly in Beckham's case) has been disappointing. To change them would be a risk.

And thats the main problem, Sven doesn't take risks- but its hard to blame him for it. The first XI are already of a high quality and any 'tinkering' would have to produce steller results or the papers would just get him sacked. This conservatism has been bred by a bloodthirsty public. Who wants to innovate in that kind of amosphere?

I cant believe nobody is supporting Morten.

He hasnt played a match in 2 months and people slag him because of his muscles. The thing that SHOULD matter is that he takes the offensive runs as John pointed out. He's ALWAYS in the box, as was the case against Manyoo. How about backing him up? How about actually acknowledging that he sets up one goal and score the other on a bad day?

And the free-kick, ive seen him done loads of them, he was 2 cm's from getting 2 of those goals in Norway this season.

Dont slag me off because i'm saying Morten should play or something, i havent actually said anything about that in this post. I just find it very strange that 90 people all have to say he has a @#/? game and looks to lightweight to make an immediate impact. He is a Rover, so get back him.

Dont slag me off because i'm saying Morten should play or something, i havent actually said anything about that in this post.

Congrats - but you are forwarding his case by implication.

I share your view that MGP's not getting a fair in chance. If Souness was still in charge and results going as they are and MGP was consigned to the subs bench all the time, a lot more people would be querying why a young international left winger with a good goalscoring record for both club and country and who has just joined the club is not being given a chance.

However, most seem to want to give Hughes the benefit of the doubt, which is understandable.

So let's just wait and see if MGP can force is way into the team rather than posting new messages that obviously get on everyone's nerves and only serves to harden people's view against MGP.

Dont slag me off because i'm saying Morten should play or something, i havent actually said anything about that in this post.

Congrats - but you are forwarding his case by implication.

I share your view that MGP's not getting a fair in chance. If Souness was still in charge and results going as they are and MGP was consigned to the subs bench all the time, a lot more people would be querying why a young international left winger with a good goalscoring record for both club and country and who has just joined the club is not being given a chance.

However, most seem to want to give Hughes the benefit of the doubt, which is understandable.

So let's just wait and see if MGP can force is way into the team rather than posting new messages that obviously get on everyone's nerves and only serves to harden people's view against MGP.

Very well said.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.