Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Relegation+uefa Cup Won V Premiership Status

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK if forced to decide, the romantic side wins-

UEFA Cup in Glasgow will be very nice indeed!

(and we will automatically qualify as number 1 seeds for next year's UEFA Cup competition)

Do you like going to Layer Road or Oakwell on a cold Tuesday night then

have you ever been to layer road or oakwell before gazsimm?

layer road is a fortress this season by the way, a banker on the coupon.

yes i have and i didn't enjoy visiting them

i will always remember visiting Oakwell it was when we were 4-1 down at half time (Per Frandson scored for us) and we couldn't leave because our car was bloked in on the muddy grass car park

yes i have and i didn't enjoy visiting them

i will always remember visiting Oakwell it was when we were 4-1 down at half time (Per Frandson scored for us) and we couldn't leave because our car was bloked in on the muddy grass car park

so it wasn't the stadium, facilities etc, it was really the match you didn't enjoy because we lost 5-1?

going to smaller, lower league stadiums i will always enjoy, better atmosphere, terraces and it's always a laugh. hopefully it will only be in cup games rather than league action as i dont want to be relegated and by the way it's per frandsen!!

You've got to watch them blokes from Yorkshire ... the buggers

:lol:

Edited by jansenpresty10@wales

so it wasn't the stadium, facilities etc, it was really the match you didn't enjoy because we lost 5-1?

going to smaller, lower league stadiums i will always enjoy, better atmosphere, terraces and it's always a laugh. hopefully it will only be in cup games rather than league action as i dont want to be relegated and by the way it's per frandsen!!

:lol:

and the football is crap as well , you didn't need to tell me how to spell Frandsen you knew what i ment

Edited by gazsimm

and the football is crap as well , you didn't need to tell me how to spell Frandsen you knew what i ment

i thought some of the football we played in the championship was top class.

although the opposition was weaker than premiership standard and we had players like matty jansen, duff, dunny, tugay running riot, it was still a well good season i thought, the promotion campaign.

i thought some of the football we played in the championship was top class.

although the opposition was weaker than premiership standard and we had players like matty jansen, duff, dunny, tugay running riot, it was still a well good season i thought, the promotion campaign.

i still have neck ache now

Tugay has only played for us in the prem anyway

Edited by gazsimm

It was, but then we were fortunate enough that our relegation happened at probably just the right time. We had a great batch of young players come through and they formed the nucleus of a very good side that went on to do very well in the Premiership. If we were relegated today then we wouldn't be that lucky and we would have to do some very good transfer dealings in order to get a side anything like what we had when we were in division 1.

So lets hypothetically fast forward to May 2007 and Rovers have won the Uefa cup but because of injuries and lack of quality signings in January they have taken the drop.That night in Glasgow was a marvellous occasion with 25,000 Rovers 'fans'(many having not stepped into Ewood park all season) partying the night away.For 3/4 of our following In reality,Its sadly a case of one final nostalgic bandwagon fling before the majority swear they were always supporters of Utd or Liverpool.

First game back in the Chumpionship and Rovers have sold a mighty 6,000 season tickets.Drawn at home to the mighty Southend who expect at least half a coach of fans to travel to add to the expected 11,000 gate.The decision has been taken to relocate the away fans to the Jack walker lower and the whole of the Darwen end stand and BBE upper are to be closed for the majority of games to save money.Our super strikers Jeffers and Derbyshire claim in Fridays LET that they will fire us back in no time!

Meanwhile, back in the Prem newly promoted Burnley play Man utd at home infront of 22,000.

F!&K TO RELEGATION!!!!!!!!!! :tu:

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.