BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackberry Devices

I had one on T-Mobile. I paid about £13 a month for a data only tarrif and kept my seperate mobile. I loved it, the email is obviously the main advantage. I took it to portugal for Euro 2004 and it connected fine and was still very cheap to use.

I know they have come on a lot since then, I had one of the Blue RIM models. Can't think of the specific model. Very impressed with it.

They call them Crackberrys over here, because of the addictiveness. I use mine for 3 main purposes: email, phone and spider solitare - not necessarily in that order. The model I have is hard to get good ringtones for.

They call them Crackberrys over here, because of the addictiveness. I use mine for 3 main purposes: email, phone and spider solitare - not necessarily in that order. The model I have is hard to get good ringtones for.

What you paying for the service American??. How do these things stack up against a PDA for functional stuff other than e-mail and phoning? For example, planning tasks, appts, runing apps.

It's a company phone, so I don't know what they pay. I like it for Outlook reminders, ours is automatically synched to our Outlook server. What I don't like is that you can't snooze a reminder.

The internet is good on it, I just downloaded the Opera browser, which works pretty well for a lot of websites. When we were at the in-laws for Christmas, they had just moved and didn't have internet yet, but the Blackberry was a decent substitute. I usually read F365 on the subway every morning going to work, so I like it for that as well.

I had an older PDA before, but like having the combo with the phone better.

Archived