BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Neville Is Fishing!

yoda

I suspect that MH is not totally convinced about Bert playing at right back, presumably to do with his defensive mistakes. He has played both Oojer and Zurab there and it will be interesting to see how things develop once all the players are fit again.

I was just saying to my family today how much more often Brett wins headers nowadays. He's definitely improving

his heading has improved. he scored with a superb header at watford! :ph34r:

he's costs us a few goals, from switching off at set-pieces, but he isnt alone there!

overall, he's done brilliantly. partcularly when you consider the back four changes every week.

regarding 'red nev', i'd have him at rovers, but wes brown could be a more realistic target.

• 2 years later...

"Gary Neville is an idiot, a moron and a boot-licker," says Carlos Tevez.

article-0-07EF60A1000005DC-184_468x424.jpg

"My celebration against United was directed at Gary Neville," Carlos Tevez told ESPN Argentina. "Neville acted like a complete boot-licker when he said I wasn't worth £25 million just to suck up to the manager."

The Argentinian striker said he was angered by Neville's comments in the newspapers during the build-up to Tuesday night's Carling Cup match between the two Manchester clubs.

Tevez said: "I was at lunch with the players in the team hotel and all the papers were laid out. My team-mates were telling me what Neville said and asking what I thought. I didn't know what the hell that idiot was talking about me for. It was a lack of respect from Neville."

"I wondered to myself: what is the tarado [moron] talking about me for when I never said anything about him. He was sucking up to his manager."

Tevez denied earlier suggestions that his celebrations were directed at the United fans or at Alex Ferguson, who decided not to sign Tevez permanently last summer. Tevez insisted his goal celebrations were directed solely at Neville.

Tevez said: "Just as I was running off to celebrate the penalty I had scored, I came across Neville and I said: 'Shut your mouth, keep quiet'. It was not directed at Ferguson and not to the United fans."

"Neville was very disrespectful, saying United were right to let me go. He didn't know the whole story of why I left Manchester United," said Tevez.

From the opening post of this thread in 2007....

Manchester United captain Gary Neville feels Mark Hughes is the man best placed to take over from Sir Alex Ferguson - when his legendary era at the club comes to an end.

Three years later and I don't think that Neville will now be talking up Mark Hughes as the man to take over from Ferguson as manager.

Would the Glazers and the Man United directors really want a sacked Man City manager to take over from Fergie? I suspect not and they would be much more likely to be interested in somebody like Jose Mourinho, who has made no secret of the fact that he wants to get back into English football at some stage.

As well as Mourinho, the United directors would probably want to include on their shortlist of names to take over from Ferguson a few other managers who have a proven track record of success at the highest European level - the likes of Fabio Capello, Guus Hiddink and Marcello Lippi.

I strongly suspect that Hughes has blown his chances now of becoming United's manager by being sacked at City. If the United board were looking for a British manager, David Moyes might be one of the candidates, especially if he got Everton into Europe and the top six again.

However, there is a lot of animosity between Moyes and Wayne Rooney after the Everton manager sued Rooney in 2007 for comments that the United striker made in his autobiography "My Story So Far".

Rooney accused Moyes in his book of being overbearing, controlling and the man who was ultimately responsible for his transfer to United in 2004.

After a Sunday tabloid printed lurid details of Rooney's visits to older prostitutes, Rooney suggested that Moyes deliberately leaked details of a private conversation he had with him to the Liverpool Echo newspaper, which led Rooney to leave Everton.

So if Moyes did take over from Ferguson at Old Trafford, it would no doubt horrify Rooney if he was still at United.

Archived