BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gallagher

trs

Speaking to a few PNE fans and they think he's got talent - but doesn't seem interested. I agree he needs to start working harder.

I think it's obvious that he's got talent because technically he's very good however he's had that talent when he was breaking through the reserves to the first team and he just hasn't moved up to the next level and forced the manager to play him.

Personally I hope he moves to a new club and really makes a name for himself there because he's getting to the age where he needs to be playing week in week out and maybe drop a league or two to make that happen. Despite The Championship being a tough league, it's obvious when a great player is playing there because they still stand out above everyone else.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it's obvious that he's got talent because technically he's very good however he's had that talent when he was breaking through the reserves to the first team and he just hasn't moved up to the next level and forced the manager to play him.

Personally I hope he moves to a new club and really makes a name for himself there because he's getting to the age where he needs to be playing week in week out and maybe drop a league or two to make that happen. Despite The Championship being a tough league, it's obvious when a great player is playing there because they still stand out above everyone else.

Hughes has said he is one of the most techincal gifted players in the squad, and the management team has likened him to Sheringham in the way he drops off and can pick a pass. Gally's problem though, is that he lacks the mental and physical strength to cope with PL. His lack of pace and heading ability means he's been placed on the wing to get space to play in. As you mention, he's never stepped up the level needed to establish himself in PL, and the freshness and eagerness about him when he was a teenager is no longer there. If you look who Bentley stepped up his physical game it appears Gally doesn't have it his nature (like Martin "Tiny" Taylor). I think Gally eventually will be sold to a Championship club, or a low level PL club, where he for certain will have his games, but will never be consistent enough to have warrant a place for a team like Rovers top 6 aspirations.

Archived