BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gallagher

trs

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at the Preston game on Saturday with work, it was hard watching another team but many ex rovers on show plus gally.

Jemal Johnson - CRAP in one simple word.

Callum Davidson - did okay, this is certainly his level.

Franny Jeffers - CRAP in one simple word.

Paul Gallagher - best player on the pitch and was head and shoulders above with regards to touch, vision and positioning.

Burton Obrien - CRAP in one simple word.

Preston are poor and Sheff Weds are possibly the worst team i have ever seen.

I was at the Preston game on Saturday with work, it was hard watching another team but many ex rovers on show plus gally.

Jemal Johnson - CRAP in one simple word.

Callum Davidson - did okay, this is certainly his level.

Franny Jeffers - CRAP in one simple word.

Paul Gallagher - best player on the pitch and was head and shoulders above with regards to touch, vision and positioning.

Burton Obrien - CRAP in one simple word.

Preston are poor and Sheff Weds are possibly the worst team i have ever seen.

I think you saw JERMAINE Johnson...As Waggy says Jemal Johnson is at MK Dons

It's a shame for Gallagher, at most other clubs he would be well worth a shot in 15-20 games per season. I still think he provides something different to our other forwards but needs to be more physical. I hope he isn't sold off as he is still worth taking a punt on should we pick up an injury

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Things seem to be falling apart for Gallagher at Preston. He was dropped from the squad for the Plymouth game midweek and the LEP has an article today saying Simpson will not guarantee him (and Andy Carroll) a place in the first team just because they are on loan from the Premiership. He played in PNE's reserve team the other day.

Neither of them are Prem quality but I seem to rem both had many admirers on here calling for them to be played more often for BRFC! :rolleyes:

But then again I also remember a fairly strong lobby on here in favour of playing bloody Grabbi! :wstu::lol::lol:

S'funny what criteria people employ in formulating their opinions and selecting their favourites isn't it?

Neither of them are Prem quality but I seem to rem both had many admirers on here calling for them to be played more often for BRFC! :rolleyes:

But then again I also remember a fairly strong lobby on here in favour of playing bloody Grabbi! :wstu::lol::lol:

S'funny what criteria people employ in formulating their opinions and selecting their favourites isn't it?

Yup that's right.

I ###### myself every time Curtis is mentioned.

Yup that's right.

I ###### myself every time Curtis is mentioned.

Then of course there was the champion of all open goal missers; Ken Beamish. He is the man who is responsible for supporters on just about every ground in England and Scotland now roaring out "Beamo! Beamo!" whenever any player misses a good chance. I stand on these grounds in Scotland and listen to this and think to myself: Yes lads, and you haven't got a clue where and how that chant originated. I feel very priveledged to have witnessed most of Beamo's games for the Rovers and was of course one of the 1000's that originated the chant.

I must say right now that I and virtually all of the Rovers fans at the time were chanting in the best of good humour. We were all very fond of big Ken and I am happy to see him still employed at BRFC. And of course he did actually score loads of goals as well as the misses. If he had put away all the chances he got, he would have been the all-time top scorer for Rovers.

Went watching PNE tonight and once again Gally wasn't even on the bench. Something must be going a bit wrong for him if Patrick Agyemang and Neil Mellor are on the bench ahead of him!

As an aside, I was sat there today feeling very glad that I support Rovers and didn't have to suffer that kind of footy every week! I know its not that long ago we was also at that level, but thankfully we are not anymore :)

sounds like a falling out. paul simpson has form for that though. w#nker...

Before you jump to conclusions I seem to rem that Paul Simpson has some sort of a qualification in sports psychology. Anyway I'd wager that whatever he is doing with gallagher it is after full discussion and agreement with our management team.

Why assume the fault lies with Simpson when we don't know the facts? Preston are struggling and Gallagher had a real chance to shine amongst moderate team-mates. It's a shame he hasn't impressed and if a falling out has occurred, I'm pretty sure that Gally won't be blameless.

Then of course there was the champion of all open goal missers; Ken Beamish. He is the man who is responsible for supporters on just about every ground in England and Scotland now roaring out "Beamo! Beamo!" whenever any player misses a good chance. I stand on these grounds in Scotland and listen to this and think to myself: Yes lads, and you haven't got a clue where and how that chant originated. I feel very priveledged to have witnessed most of Beamo's games for the Rovers and was of course one of the 1000's that originated the chant.

I must say right now that I and virtually all of the Rovers fans at the time were chanting in the best of good humour. We were all very fond of big Ken and I am happy to see him still employed at BRFC. And of course he did actually score loads of goals as well as the misses. If he had put away all the chances he got, he would have been the all-time top scorer for Rovers.

Ah yes the memories, I remember the chant catching on at a ground or two even when I was there and remember thinking WTF. As for the 1000's they were very few 1000's.

As for Gally he needs to turn it around and quickly.

On the Gallagher issue ... don't know if you take this with a pinch of salt, but was listening to an interview with Simpson on Radio Lancs ahead of yetserdays game and he was saying that Gallagher still has someway to go with regard to his fitness as he is not quite up to the levels as some of the others, strange considering really so whether this is because of injury or not he didn't say but he did mention that as a result that was why Gallagher was behind in the pecking order.

I still shout Beamo at games even now,in fact i let one rip at weekend when somebody blazed over the bar (can`t remember who).

I think we should bring it back every time somebody blazes over the bar.

Would also be funny to see the look of bemusement on some of the younger supporters faces. :P

Then of course there was the champion of all open goal missers; Ken Beamish. He is the man who is responsible for supporters on just about every ground in England and Scotland now roaring out "Beamo! Beamo!" whenever any player misses a good chance.

Huh? I've never seen another ground do it, are you sure?

Archived