SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gallagher

trs

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Blackburn have turned down 15 inquiries from Championship clubs for Scottish striker Paul Gallagher. (Daily Mirror)

I heard Preston were trying to sign someone on loan - but it fell through as they wouldn't commit to buying them at the end of the loan deal. I wonder if it was Gally they were after? Alternatively - 15 rejected enquiries - maybe Hughes thinks he definitely has a future here.

maybe Hughes thinks he definitely has a future here.

hope so. love the guy, he's got class and i assume sparky thinks he'll be able to get alot out of him in years to come

Guest shoppybrfc
I heard Preston were trying to sign someone on loan - but it fell through as they wouldn't commit to buying them at the end of the loan deal. I wonder if it was Gally they were after? Alternatively - 15 rejected enquiries - maybe Hughes thinks he definitely has a future here.

Doesnt Gally's recent Contract Extension to 2010 say something about whether Hughes thinks he has a future? :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Spotted Paul Gallagher playing footy down at witton astro-turf last night, not really the done thing for a professional footballer, although I do remember seeing big Col playing down there a few times.

I suppose the players need to lead a normal life, but is this acceptable, would Hughes be happy with this?

As with many of the posters above I also beleive Gally definately has something to offer, and despite it being said for the past 3 years, i firmly believe this next season will be his.

I'm led to beleive he is now quite settled with a young family and wife (though i stand to be corrected). The man has many similiar qualities to Bentley, he has an excellent cross, beautiful touch and can play a killer ball. The difficulty with all this is finding his ideal position, however given his finishing technique, which is fairly similiar to that of Pederson's, i reckon he'll found his feet upfront.

How nice would it be to have a fully firing partnership of two local boys in Gally and Derbs...as far as i know they have only played together once, which resulted in a 4-0 win at Everton.

Spotted Paul Gallagher playing footy down at witton astro-turf last night, not really the done thing for a professional footballer, although I do remember seeing big Col playing down there a few times.

I suppose the players need to lead a normal life, but is this acceptable, would Hughes be happy with this?

Nah Jim that was his identical twin. ;)

btw Me'n wiggy played up front against a centre half pairing of Hendry and Keith Hill in one unofficial close season friendly down at Witton just after it was opened. :tu:

Knocked em all over the park we did! :rover:

Gally isnt good enough for us! We should sell him with a decent sell on clause attached. He hasnt shown enough determination to make it at ewood. He should be following Derbyshires example and putting in the effort everytime he is given a chance.

Sell him!

As with many of the posters above I also beleive Gally definately has something to offer, and despite it being said for the past 3 years, i firmly believe this next season will be his.

I'm led to beleive he is now quite settled with a young family and wife (though i stand to be corrected). The man has many similiar qualities to Bentley, he has an excellent cross, beautiful touch and can play a killer ball. The difficulty with all this is finding his ideal position, however given his finishing technique, which is fairly similiar to that of Pederson's, i reckon he'll found his feet upfront.

How nice would it be to have a fully firing partnership of two local boys in Gally and Derbs...as far as i know they have only played together once, which resulted in a 4-0 win at Everton.

4-1 :rolleyes:

But I agree, the potential for Gally is definetely there, he just needs to remain consistent.

Is he allowed to breathe without asking permission... maybe he shouldn't be going to the cinema next week either! Footballing ability aside, Gally has never caused nor been involved in any trouble on or off the pitch so he clearly has his head screwed on straight - becoming unusual for a young prospect in todays game. As long as this continues he can do what he wants outside of training because he's clearly not the sort to hamper his performances by doing silly things in his spare time.

Are you? I'm a fan of Hughes! :tu:

Gally needs to be giving him reasons to be selected in front of Pederson, Bentley, Macarthy, and either Derbyshire or Roberts. I for one do not see anywhere near enough in him to squeeze any of that lot out thats for sure.

• 3 months later...

If you consider that Scotland's answer (and not a satisfactory one) to Keith Gillespie, Gary Teale, is in the national squad, Paul Gallagher becomes clearly suitable for a call-up. He needs to play regular games and he will have a chance - maybe culminating in going to the next Euro Champs.

Apparently, he played left midfield until he was taken off with an injury in the second half.

Archived