BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Crackdown On 360

So after a totally depressing evening i decided to cheer myself up, treating myself to the latest Xbox 360 game ' Crackdown'.

Dunno if anyone has invested in it yet but it looks pretty good a must for GTA fans like me, plus its a sandbox type game set in the near future and looks amazing.

I'll post a review when i get home tonight and play it.

I love this game

Completed the first island, but struggling against the Volk, should probably have got a few level ups before heading over..

It wouldnt surprise me if they were testing some features for the forthcoming APB

Anyway, if anybody fancies playing a bit of coop at some point.

I've managed to max out all the level up's apart from driving. I'm rubbish at driving games so I'm not sure I'll ever get off the first level of that!

Anyway, once you have levelled up Agility and Strength to the max, the Volks get a bit easier, in fact most bosses do as you can generally jump over most of the drones and simply punch the boss to death quickly. The one Boss I'm struggling with at the moment is Olga Romanove. She is somewhere in the Quarry on the Volk Island but I can't find her. I guess she's hiding in a cave somewhere but I get shot before I find her. I just have her and one undiscovered of the Volks to do and I've only done 2 of 7 of the Shai-Gen.

I'm interested in what co-op will be like, my gamertag is biddybaxter is you want to add me.

You can max out your driving stats quite easily by taking one of the Agency vehicles to a boss area and running over the respawning enemies. Well worth doing because the 4 star SUV can do bunny hops, the supercar has really powerful machine guns and the truck does 200mph.

The other day I filled a skip with dead bodies and lobbed in a couple of remote mines. It was raining flaming corpses!

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Mar 1 2007, 14:16 ) 494334[/snapback]
I love this game

Completed the first island, but struggling against the Volk, should probably have got a few level ups before heading over..

It wouldnt surprise me if they were testing some features for the forthcoming APB

Anyway, if anybody fancies playing a bit of coop at some point.

I'll play some co-op when I get a chance. On a side not, did you get my email/pm about my name change and avatar?

I must say this game has become more and more addictive. I have defeated the first 2 islands ( Los Mercos and The Volk). Some of The Volk bosses were tough, specially the woman in the cave(be ready with plenty grenades). I'm onto the Shai gen now which is a really hard island and all the jobs seem to come at you at once. Plus the save points are really hard to find on the tallest buildings ever.

I too am having problems getting the 4 star driving, everything else is 4 star but that.

I finished all the islands last weekend. Not sure I can motivate myself to go back and try and get all the achievements. Fantastic game though.

Do you think its a pretty short game then? it usually takes me years to finish a game. Took me 1 year to do Vice City with help from other people. I was already onto the Shai Gen (3rd island) within a week.

I would say it's a very short game if you are just focused on the missions. It could be a lot lot longer if you are determined to complete all the races and find all the objects.

I never normally complete games so I actually enjoyed this as I actually acheived something!

Just a quick question... when you get to the Shai Gen does the game seem to freeze and lag alittle during fights and when you get shot? plus i got all the jobs at once rather than later in the game. Has my game save just messed up or what?

Mine only lagged once and that was during a scene about the death of a shai-gen boss. I do have the US version though so I don't know if there is any difference.

The boss locations come up in one of 2 ways. You either stumble across where they are and your agency intel gets updated or you wander around aimlessly for a bit and the game feels sorry for you and tells you where a boss is. It should have told you them all at the same time.

• 3 weeks later...
Do you think its a pretty short game then? it usually takes me years to finish a game. Took me 1 year to do Vice City with help from other people. I was already onto the Shai Gen (3rd island) within a week.

This seems to be a major flaw in a lot of these next generation games. Many are far too short.

• 1 month later...

Loads of new content available for this now - harpoon for nailing people to walls, minigun, proximity mines, new vehicles, new game types, street races, versus mode...

On the negative side, my Xbox went three-red-lights on me yesterday. How crap is the build quality on these things? It's out of warranty so I tried the 'towel trick' - remove the hard drive, wrap it up to cover the air vents, turn it on and let it get insanely hot.

The fans went mental, it sounded like a lawnmower, but it brought the damned thing back to life within 20 minutes. Unbelievable. I expect it will break again someday soon but it's a good thing to try if you've got a dead box and don't want to pay Microsoft for a refurb that's likely to have the same thing happen a few months down the line.

• 3 weeks later...

id say its a short game, i helped my mate complete in on co-op on live, and it was a great laugh!!! i thought the achievement about climbing to the top of the agency tower and landing in the sea was brilliant! bloody great game though! thought the final boss might be a bit more difficult than it was!

Archived